PDA

View Full Version : Yay!! Good News!!!

JKATHERINE
08-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who sent prayers, good vibes, thoughts etc!

My husband Adam (aka YNKYH8R) is in the Army Reserves. If you read my earlier vent/whine post, he found out shortly before A v e r y was born that his unit was supposed to be deploying to Iraq sometime this month. We were both devastated.

Adam has "drill" this weekend. They had a mandatory briefing yesterday morning. It seems (as of right now) there will be no deployment in August! There happen to be more Drill Sergeant candidates in his unit than actual drill sergeants so they want to get them all trained first (jeesh, the Army actually decides to do something intelligent...who knew?). So, as of now it looks like all of the candidates (including Adam) will be sent to the Drill Sergeant academy for 2 weeks in November, then they'll do 6 months of weekend drills down in Masachusetts, then another 2 weeks at the academy next June. THEN, if they're still needed, they may be sent over. So, it's not the best news (the best would be if he were NEVER going to Iraq), but it is good news and that means he'll be home for Chrismas!!!

We're so excited!! Thanks everyone!! :D

Angel Lips
08-08-2004, 08:06 AM
well glad to hear some good news, lets just hope and pray that when all is done he doesnt have to go over. Best Of luck

nanajoanie
08-08-2004, 08:09 AM
I know you must be relieved for awhile. Same thing happened with my son Mur. He was suppose to leave in Oct. last year. They kept changing the date so we had him for Thanksgiving, his birthday, Christmas, Tice's memorial, New Years, all the way til March 13 when he shipped out. Who knows, maybe more units will be coming home soon :cool: So glad you can be a family together while the baby is changing from day to day. Happy for you :)

JKATHERINE
08-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks Angel and Nana.

Nana, I'm glad Mur got to stay home as long as he did. The one thing you can count on with our military it's that they never can make up their minds! lol

thedragonlady
08-08-2004, 08:15 AM
That's WONDERFUL news!!! I've been praying awfully hard!

YankeeMary
08-08-2004, 09:19 AM
I amso happy for your family. Now he gets to enjoy the baby longer, and you of course..lol.

ezmoney163
08-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Jamie I am so thrilled!! I will continue to pray for you both!! And I hope there will be no need for them to go over after the drill!!

tsquared
08-08-2004, 07:23 PM
That is great news..............keep praying that it will be over soon so all of our HEROES can come home

reneep45
08-08-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm soo happy for you !! :D

JWWB2000
08-09-2004, 06:15 AM
Congrats Jamie!!! That is good news for your family!!!!!!!