PDA

View Full Version : dislike..blah

cureperry
08-06-2004, 05:22 PM
i dislike the reality shows...especailly that swan one, where people go through dramatic physical change through plastic surgery, to the point where there someone else. Dont like it at all.. blah. Sometimes i wonder, with all these reality shows here in the US, do other countries watch these and wonder whats wrong with us americans? :confused:

buttrfli
08-06-2004, 05:26 PM
you don't think the other countries have the exact same shows?? i think there are 5 different big brothers, survivors and a bunch more.

I certainly wouldn't base an entire country on a reality show.

cureperry
08-06-2004, 05:44 PM
no, im not saying that other countries dont have reality shows...but in a media class i took it was shown that most of ours are based around the idea of people changing themselves, besides like survivor or fear factor and some others. Other countries may have some like these as well, but i dont think theres are so drastic. I know in France they dont have reality showslike this...just makes me wonder...

buttrfli
08-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Not trying to start an arguement, (and I understand your point) but France happens to have quite a few reality TV shows. I was watching CNN the other day and they have something called On the Farm or Celebrity Farm ... anyhow a bunch of chickens died (I don't remember the entire story LOL)

All the countries have their own shows.... I personally don't like the makeover shows, I can't imagine begging network tv staff to pay for me to have liposuction, then film it for the world to see LOL

hotwire
08-07-2004, 06:38 AM
i dislike the reality shows...especailly that swan one, where people go through dramatic physical change through plastic surgery, to the point where there someone else. Dont like it at all.. blah. Sometimes i wonder, with all these reality shows here in the US, do other countries watch these and wonder whats wrong with us americans? :confused:

have you ever noticed how 90% of the health and beauty products come from paris..italy...etc?? a lot of the 'anti wrinkle' or 'anti cellulite' products have been used YEARS in paris. (i just saw on the TODAY show, another form of cellulite removal, that has been used in Europe for 10 yrs and is just now coming to the U.S.) im sure they have been doing all the 'nips and tucks' way before us!

i find it kind of ironic that the words REALITY SHOWS, has the word 'REAL' in it. when was the last time any of us had 15 men fighting for our affection??

cureperry
08-09-2004, 06:25 PM
maybe im wrong, maybe im right, i just thought that we were way moe serious about it then other countries...but maybe not. Point is, i'm not a big fan of reality shows. I think its cause im more of a comedy kind of person, and these shows dont really hold comedy like the sitcoms do....jack ass may come close..but not close enough...thats more like, stupid comedy. and the fear factor type shows to me are like...what are you doing?! is it really worth the money?...wait... thats not supposed to go there...ewww...what do youguys think of the reality shows, really?

hotwire
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
personally, i hate reality shows. i have only seen about 2 or 3, and only because nothing else was on, and i didnt feel like going to bed early..lol. like i said before, there is nothing 'real' about them at all. i think Hollywood is lacking talent when it comes to writers.
i'm like you tho, i like comedys. (but not shows like 'jackass'). the line up for this fall looks like its going to suck. i havent seen anything worth checking out. (except "JOEY", because i was a huge "Friends" fan).

justme23
08-09-2004, 09:14 PM
We dislike MOST of them... but there are some we really enjoy. My husband lives for his monday night Fear Factor (blech... but I love him, so you know how that goes!) and we both really enjoyed the apprentice. I imagine I won't be watching the rip off benefactor... but that's cause I live in his home city and he's an ass above all asses.

We enjoy RW and RR and Osbournes and Newlyweds too... but we don't watch ANY of the shows on CBS or Fox... I find them repulsive... but that's just me.

Oh, one other one... we really like Celebrity Mole (no average joes, pls, just celebs) cause they don't really need the money so watching them act like 'normal' ppl is kind of fun.

DivineMsDi
08-10-2004, 04:38 AM
When I lived in England in 1999-2000, the reality shows were becoming big over there. Many of the ones we have here, like Airline(?)/Airport originated over there.

To me, they are cheap programing requiring little $$ and little imagination.

stacyo99
08-10-2004, 07:52 AM
I personally like reality shows, not all, but most. And as far as ive heard, foreign countries DO have their own reality shows, and I am so thankful I am not there. One place has complete nudity on television that they let their young children watch (what we'd call on regular cable). I think its Australia, who has their own big brother, and Europe (?) has their own American Idol, believe its called pop idol or something like that.

cureperry
08-11-2004, 05:21 PM
last night, i somehow got sucked into "outback Jack". i guess i just really wanted to find out what girl he would choose...and the whole time i was just thinking to myself, "Why would you want to put yourself in that situation? I dont understand!" and that was annoying....but i really wanted to know who he would chose...damn the curiosity. And then in the end i just got pissed off that it was obvious he had chosen the wrong girl. And like, REALLY obvious. He's "outback Jack" for pete's sake. "Outback Jack" is not supposed to pick the one with fake nails and coligen lips who can't swim and doesn't like the water! Outback Jack is supposed to pick the one who likes adventure and doesn't care what she looks like because she's too beautiful to have to care! And i got so trivial about it, and about his decision, this is why i cant watch reality TV. It BOTHERS me. It bothers me how people go through this whole scenario, put themselves in REALLY awkward positions to fight for the SAME guy when there are plenty in the real world...and then, in the end, after ALL of that, you know its gonna end in a break up or divorce cause they're so not made for each other! i dont understand. Im overworked....i..i....i dunno. Did anybody watch this? It was the one with NAtalie...and...i forget the other chick's name

cureperry
08-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Im not crazy i promise. please dont get mad.

hotwire
08-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Im not crazy i promise. please dont get mad.

LMAO! thats too funny!

i believe you're not crazy.........i feel the same way about these shows. it would be like taking a bunch of prissy, fake, 'california blondes', and having them go to Alaska to fight for a tuna fisherman! gimmie a break! is that what the other is looking for? doubtful.
but we keep getting sucked into it!

cureperry
08-12-2004, 03:54 PM
hotwire, Im so glad you feel me on this one, finally someone who understands my frustration! Also, i want you to know, Friends is my favorite show, and sadly enough, i actually cried during the last episode...im so pathetic...but it was like, I've been watching this for so long, and this is what I looked forward to every thurday night, and now i wont have anything to look forward to on thursday nights, and now thurdays are just like any other days. Damn it. Do you have that feeling that the Joey show is going to be a flop? I havent seen it, so i cant really say, but have that feeling. I was watching one of my friends DVDs today, and watched the one where Rachel puts beef in the trifel, i never get sick of that one... " Im sorry Phoebe, I believe Jack Cousteaux is dead, and no Rachel, you were not supposed to put beef in the trifel, it DID NOT taste good".....blah blah blah..."Ross. Drugs. Divorced, AGAIN!". "I, I was TRICKED, into all THOSE THINGS!!!"...ahaha...ok ill stop quoting...LOL..i love it! :p :D :) ;) :p :D :o :p

cureperry
08-12-2004, 04:00 PM
We enjoy RW and RR and Osbournes and Newlyweds too... but we don't watch ANY of the shows on CBS or Fox... I find them repulsive... but that's just me.. Ok, i forgot about the Osbournes.... I actually DO like the osbournes..cause Ozzy and Sharon are an awesome couple, and Ozzy's stutter is hilarious...howver i havent watched the show in a really really really long time, it might be lame now, if its even still on. But around the time it first came out, i would occasionally watch it, and laugh my ass off....and another thought that comes to mind when readign all these replies....im seeing that the majority dont like reality shows too much...so why are they on so much? Are the ratings so high because people dont like them but get "Sucked" in, so in the end people are watching shows they dont like? Or is this forum just a mishap and people do really like it?

hotwire
08-13-2004, 06:48 AM
I don't like them, but admit i have seen 2-3 of them. i never watch all of the season tho. there is no point. (i watched the very first episode of "Joe Millionaire" just to see what it was about...then i watched the very last one to see who he picked. i didnt need to see all the BS in between.) I barely made it through half of Trading Spouses. that sucked. and i think i am the only person in the world who has NEVER.......AND I MEAN N-E-V-E-R, seen "Survivor".

The reason for the high ratings?? THERE IS NOTHING ELSE ON TV!!! lol

the only 3 shows i have any interest in watching next season are Joey, Las Vegas, and NorthShore.

As for "Joey", ...i want it to last,but i dont think it will. i think everyone will expect it to be like Friends. I think the critics will be too hard on it. JMO.

My fave episodes from Friends......the one where everyone went to the beach house and monica got stung by a jellyfish. Joeys line was (something like) "Thats right.....I stepped up........AND I'D PEE ON ANYONE OF YOU!"
LMFAO! still love that one!
and the other one is where Joey finds out about Monica and Chandler. I love his reaction, and the way they tackled him into the room.

AHHH.....remember the good old days when COMEDY used to be on tv! things that made you laugh......not scream "not her you dumbass" at the tv!

cureperry
08-13-2004, 11:23 AM
yeah remember the one when monica got stung by a jellyfish...and joey's all something about " 'Do it Joey, do it!' At night, i can still here the screaming!" and then Chandler goes, "Oh yeah thats just cause i say through your wall to freak you out"..lol..ah good times... one of my alltime faves is the one where Phoebe and Rachel both know about monica and chandler and they do the whole "They Dont know that we know they know" and Phoebe and CHandler almost get it on as a result of them playing with each others heads about it! And, your not the only one, I've never EVER seen an episode of survivor-dont really care to. It seems we have a lot in common...do you like the cure? I work at UMVD, and someone just gave me their new Album, and its awesome! Have youheard it? If your a cure fan like me, youll definitely like this album...