PDA

View Full Version : Photo Printer info....

Urban Cowgirl
08-05-2004, 07:42 PM
I am looking into buying a photo printer. I think I want cannon since the colors are all separate....but I also want great photo quality. And I want to know if I would be able to print different wallets on one sheet? My friend just got a photo printer and she can print 9 different wallets on the same sheet....I like that.....but hers is an HP and I really did not want to go with Hp. Anyone out there have a cannon photo printer.....did it come with good user friendly programs? how is the picture quality? And how much did your run and whats the model number?

Also considering a scanner any recommendations?

TIA :p :D ;)

nanajoanie
08-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Seems the next one I get will be a scanner, printer, fax machine all in one and they are about or under $150. My present scanner is HP and my printer is Lexmark. I don't like the printer, not clear photos for me. I'd go to Best Buy or one of the office stores, Staples, Office Depot, etc. and check out the different brands and prices.

mom2cvam
08-05-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm afraid I won't be much help. I have an HP and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love it. :o
I'd do like nanajoanie suggested and check out the Best Buy and office stores. Good luck!

Urban Cowgirl
08-05-2004, 08:07 PM
I know hp is good...but the ink is so pricey..so I was tryng to stay clear of that. What kind of Hp do you have?

nanajoanie
08-05-2004, 08:56 PM
I used to have a Canon 2100 printer. Wish I still had it but my grandgirl gave me this new puter, and stuff. I used to get black ink for the Canon 2100 @ $13.00 at Staples.

mom2cvam
08-06-2004, 10:39 AM
I know hp is good...but the ink is so pricey..so I was tryng to stay clear of that. What kind of Hp do you have?

Thats the only thing that I don't like about my HP is the price of the ink. :( I have an HP all in one. It does an excellent job printing out the pictures as long as I buy the good photo paper. I haven't even used the photo ink in it yet. It does such a good job with the regular ink. I pay around $30 for the color ink and $25 for the black ink. The ink does last a couple months for me unless I do alot of photo printing, then it depends on the size I print and how many pictures I do. I love the all in one because I can just make copies right on the printer. I push the copy button, decide what sizes I want and push start. I can also take the card out of my camera, plug into the printer and it will print an index sheet for me, I mark on the index sheet which ones I want, what size I want, put it on the scanner part and push a couple of buttons and in a few minutes I have copies of all the pictures I selected. Its really cool and I love it. (as if you couldn't tell! :o )
Good luck deciding which one to go with.

wndysfrnd
08-06-2004, 11:10 AM
I have a HP scanner and I love it. I need another printer myself. I have had two Lexmarks in the past two years. Personally I wouldn't want a 3-in-one or a 4-in-one, because it is hard enough to replace one item (such as printer, scanner, etc.).