PDA

View Full Version : The Woman with The Weave

Tadbit
07-29-2004, 10:49 AM
I got this email from a friend and thought it was worth sharing. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

I saw her from across the room. My eyes swayed with jealousy. This woman was so beautiful. No one even noticed me. Her hair was long, dark and shiny. Like the tail of a great prize horse. Her personality, her confidence, her vibes just made the matters worse.

The more I watched her as the night passed on, I was convinced, she thought she was all that. The way she swung her hair, round and round side to side and front to back. Everyone was standing all around her, hugging her and shaking her hand.

She had the attention of everyone, the servers, the guest and even my man. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, I had to get a closer look. I needed to get a view of this woman with whose presence the room was overtook. So I did it, I ran up to her, we collided she said excuse me are you ok?

She introduced her self, as Serenity. I said hello my name is Shay. She said it is nice to meet you Shay. I'll look forward to your prayer. I wondered what she meant by all that. I just wanted to check out her hair.

As I got a little closer, my eyes could not believe. All of this time I was going insane and all along this lady had a weave.

I'm all sweating and shaking, angry with my self because she thought that she looked so good, but now I see she doesn't compare to me. Although I know she wish she could, oh now I feel good.

I can leave what I thought behind. Right at that moment a loud bell Sounded she said gather around it is time. She took the mike from the podium, Mrs. Grace, Ms. Thang, Ms. Fine. she said, thank you all for coming. Tonight I appeared to be a great dancer. But as you know this is my going away party for I am rapidly dying of cancer.

I want to thank God for keeping me full of praise, vibrant, healthy and strong. For it is only through him that I walk with great joy, for his love, mercy and grace has truly shown. I've lost my hair, both of my breasts and next I'll lose this life.

But I can hold my head up in confidence knowing that when I die I'll die Knowing Jesus Christ. So I say to everyone here tonight no matter whom you are. Your outer being will shine so bright. When Jesus is your Morning Star

I say to those who are struggling, no matter what you are going through With God in your life, his word in your heart, he will make your life brand new.

I wept and cried all night. How stupid of me to sum up this woman's life. She

had to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Because If I were in her shoes. I would have never shown up this night.

Thought:

Do not judge a book by it's cover, because between the pages are many

untold stories that cannot be read from the outside.

DOOFIS
07-29-2004, 11:47 AM
wow

nanajoanie
07-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Impressive to say the least. Good lesson for all of us :)

YankeeMary
07-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

mimi37
07-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Please pass the tissues.

halvarado
07-30-2004, 08:29 AM
wow, that was good.

Merry99%
07-30-2004, 08:35 PM
I have to repeat what others said...WOW!&Thanks

angelarwyn
07-31-2004, 12:47 PM
I think I gonna go cry now. That was a nice story. Thank you for sharing.