PDA

View Full Version : People can be so rude

ttistin
07-24-2004, 04:56 PM
my dh's cousin got married today, when they were young all the kids were really close. All of dh's sisters were invited to the wedding, Dh was never told about it until 3 days ago. Nice huh :rolleyes:

Then dh's other cousin calls up his older sister and tells her that they arent invited to the reciption now because there is no room for this side of the family {the bride's family has money and is a big family. they were all there} Isnt that nice? :rolleyes:

Then at the wedding the cousin that called dh's sister walks up to their grandfather {it is her grandfather also} and starts laughing at him in front of everyone because of what he is wearing. He was wearing the only nice things he had, blue dress pants and a black tux coat. while she is laughing her butt off she tells him to go sit down so no one seems him. Number one he is old, number two he has no way to get to a store or to rent a tux unless someone takes him. He has no car and no way around. If she was that worried about it why in the heck didnt she go down and make sure he had something nice instead she didnt and made fun of him in front of everyone. :mad:

Then my two sil's laugh at their great-grandmother cause she couldnt bend down to pick up a water bottle cap. Instead of helping her they sit there and laugh at her :mad: A little childish? :mad:

The reason I know this is that my sil that went {one of the ones that laughed at their GG} is telling me about it on aol. It just upsets me how people can be so rude, childish and mean.

gonnascream
07-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Boy I have had relatives like that too. My great uncle married this woman that ain't right in the head (she's not special, she just thinks she is) and at my granddaddys funeral, I was wearing sunglasses (my eyes were red & swollen from crying) anywho, this twit asked me if I thought I was "elvis presely" for wearing the glasses. I told my other great aunt, wilma lee, that it was best if that girl didn't say a word to me for the rest of the time.

People like the ones you just talked about repulse me. Trust me, it'sw going to happen to them. young turns to old, rich into poor, but stupid stays the same.

Army-Mom
07-24-2004, 05:14 PM
That is really sad, it brought tears to my eyes. I worked in a nursing home before I got sick. I have a place in my heart for older people..
hugs,
Marcia

1tiredmom
07-24-2004, 05:19 PM
people like that does the same thing to me-i just want to go over there & well imagine the rest-
they seem to forget they too will be old & possibly in that position-what goes around comes around-i just i'm around in the background to see

Freebeemom
07-24-2004, 05:34 PM
All I can say is "what goes around comes around!"....just sit back and enjoy the show when it does!

ttistin
07-24-2004, 05:57 PM
that is what dh and I were saying, one day those people that were laughing will be old and need help and when they ask some young person for help they will laugh at them.

Dh and I were just saying tonight on the way home {i had to pick dh up from work} we seen an elderly woman out push mowing her lawn. I said I hate to see elderly people push mowing their lawns, seems like someone younger would be out there doing it for them or at least helping them out. I just can imagine laughing at them, in their face at that because they cant do something or dont look perfect :( it is just sad

Yes what goes around will come around

JazzMama
07-24-2004, 06:49 PM
That is really sad, it brought tears to my eyes

ITA - I will never understand people that get joy from hurting others...especially when it's something so petty as clothes :confused: . I'm sure her grandfather is probably still hurt from her laughter. ((HUGS))

mom2cvam
07-24-2004, 07:39 PM
All I can say is "what goes around comes around!"....just sit back and enjoy the show when it does!

I totally agree! I can't stand to see people treat older people so badly. There is no reason for it what so ever! We have an older neighbor that has a hard time getting around so during the summer we mow his lawn/do the yard work and during the winter we shovel the snow for him so he doesn't have to. It broke my heart the first time I seen him out there doing it himself. Last year he wrote me a nice letter saying how much he appreciates our help and that he wished more people had a kind heart.

I hope that one day these "people" get a taste of what they give out. I strongly believe in Karma.

kriskay
07-24-2004, 09:01 PM
That is so sad. That poor man was probably so embarassed and hurt!!! He wore what he had, nothing wrong with that. I hope he can let it go!!! It really depresses me that people can be that way. And then to laugh at someone because they can't bend down to pick something up. That is horrible too.

twinkiesmom
07-24-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm sure the ppl u heard about this from wasn't the only ones that saw it. (the grandfather being laughed at) Many ppl saw this I'm sure. If these cousins want ppl to see them as ugly and ignorant, they did a good job of it.

Trust me, it'sw going to happen to them. young turns to old, rich into poor, but stupid stays the same.

OMG, aint that just the truth?

msmom79
07-24-2004, 10:44 PM
oh my gosh where were their hearts at,i can just imagine how the grandfather feels.im so angry about this,if i would have been there you can bet your bottom dollar i would have put these 2 young ladies in their place,i also believe in karma,but i really believe what goes around actually comes back to haunt you.so they will get theirs!! hugs to you for having such a big heart :) ann

ttistin
07-25-2004, 06:46 AM
I can only imagine how dh's grandfather felt when she did that to him. This is the same cousin that called this side of the family up and said they were uninvited to the reception. This is also the same cousin that tried to talk my dh into leaving me, telling him all this bad stuff about me. I had never meet her before, I was nice to her and she makes up lies about me. She is also a miss perfect, or so she thinks.

When I was telling dh what his sister was telling me about what went on at the wedding you should have heard him. He said he wishes he was there, he would have put them all in their place, right in front of everyone.