PDA

View Full Version : this happened less than 2 miles from my house!!!!

caides_mom
07-24-2004, 08:45 AM
mind you i don't know the lady!! but ohhhh my gosh, it's right in my own backyard!! less then 2 miles from my house!

Scotland mother faces felony child cruelty charges, infant son listed in ‘critical condition’

STAFF REPORTS

A three-month-old Telfair County infant is in critical condition in a Macon hospital ICU after allegedly being thrown on a concrete floor three times by his mother, Temeka Denise Mincey, 20, of Scotland, Telfair County Chief Investigator Malcolm McRae said.
The mother faces felony child cruelty charges and is currently being held at Central State Hospital in Milledgeville while she undergoes a mental evaluation, McRae said.
The incident happened last Tuesday evening at Mincey’s parent’s residence in the Heath Crossing area near Scotland on County Route 1, McRae said.
“(Mincey) admitted to me she deliberately hurt the baby,” McRae said. “She told me she was tired of the baby crying and thought she could get away with it.
“She said she held the baby over her head and slammed it down onto a concrete porch. Then she picked it up and held it about chest height and slammed it down two more times,” McRae said.
No one reportedly saw the incident, although the baby’s grandmother, Gloria Mincey, was home at the time, McRae said.
Mincey’s parents, Gloria Mincey and Roscoe Watts, brought the infant to Telfair Regional Hospital late Tuesday night when Watts noticed the child was “unresponsive,” McRae said.
“(Watts) told me the baby has been sick with a cold ever since it was born and he thought the baby was unresponsive because of the medicine the doctor (had prescribed) him.
“He and the grandmother, Gloria, became concerned and took (the baby) to the hospital after they learned Temeka had dropped him,” McRae said.
The emergency staff at Telfair Regional stabilized the baby boy before he was airlifted to the Medical Center in Macon, McRae said. The infant reportedly has a fractured skull and a broken clavicle, McRae said.
Mincey was arrested and charged early Wednesday morning with First Degree Cruelty to Children, a felony, and Second Degree Cruelty to Children, a misdemeanor. She was taken to Telfair County Jail and later transfered for evaluation, McRae said.

amysusi
07-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Ohhhh :mad: I want to drop that lady from a 4 story roof (not enough to kill her, just cause her the pain she caused that poor baby.)

caides_mom
07-24-2004, 12:23 PM
and get this she had an older child that had been taken by dfcs, i dunno why but you would think they would be at the hospital when she gave birth to this other child to take it from her too.

Angel Lips
07-24-2004, 01:07 PM
omg why would someone even think to do something like that to their child. Makes me sick

Tasha405
07-24-2004, 03:05 PM
This is so sad. :( I feel so bad for that baby and I hope it can recover from all of this. Why on earth do people want to hurt little innocent children like this?? I just don't understand. :(

As far as the "mother" goes... well I can't say because I would get banned. :mad: I would love to get my hands on her though. ;)

bell_peaches
07-24-2004, 04:28 PM
:mad: She is sick. I hope someone thows her to a concreet floor.

msmom79
07-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh My Gosh,i Cant Imagine Hurting A Baby.i Dont Get Why People Do This To Children And Babies.my Prayers Go Out To This Baby And The Grandparents. When I Think Of How Much I Wanted A Baby Girl And Never Had One,and Then Someone Does This ,just Plain Sad.please Keep Us Updated On This Child. Hugs Ann

Tadbit
07-24-2004, 04:43 PM
How horrific! Just reading this post made me sad. I just don't know how a person could do anything like that to a poor defenseless little baby. She has to be very sick in the head. Someone get this woman fixed so she can't have any more kids!!! :mad:

Urban Cowgirl
07-24-2004, 08:10 PM
This makes me want to throw up!!!! Any punishment this person gets will be to good for her!!!!

queenangie
07-24-2004, 08:28 PM
That poor, helpless baby! My heart goes out to this baby.

So many people, who are unable to have babies, want them so badly.....

This 'mother' needs to be sterilized and serve jail time. At least her grandparents knew
enough that the baby needed medical attention.

I agree - DCFS should have taken this child at birth.

twinfawn
07-24-2004, 10:41 PM
That poor poor baby.....:( I hope it is okay....

delSol
07-25-2004, 05:28 AM
what is wrong with people?? I hope she gets worse done to her.

HumNbirdMO
07-25-2004, 10:25 PM
OMG!!!!!!!

I really wish I had not opened this thread and read that story.

Oh, that poor poor baby :( . What is wrong with people? What makes a person think that throwing a baby on a floor is alright? If she didn't want to hear him cry, why didn't she knock herself out on the floor?? UGH!! Makes me sick!

lexasmommy
07-26-2004, 02:25 AM
OHHHH that is horrible. I hope the baby will be ok. She needs to be in prison, not Central State. How would she feel if someone slammed her on a concrete floor! Gosh, I hope the baby will be alright. :mad: