PDA

View Full Version : Paypal/shipping help!

jen-ron
07-23-2004, 06:40 PM
I just had someone pay for a package. The problem is I have to work tomm morning and our PO is only open from 8-10. Have a couple of questions with the Paypal shipping.

1. Does the box need to be wrapped in paper? (i have a MK&A shoebox)

2. Can my DH hand deliever it to the mailman as he delievers our mail?

3. Can you trim the label, just enough to fit the box, but still have all the info available??

TIA!

Jen

Blackberry
07-23-2004, 07:02 PM
First off, you do not need to put paper around the shoe box. As long as the box you use does not have any hazardous markings, like using a box that held bleach or another chemical, then you are fine.

Trimming the lable is fine to as long as everthing fits on the front of the box and is easy to read.

As far as giving the package to the mailman, it depends. I believe they are not allowed to take packages from people on their route, only letters, but it also depends on the individual carrier. If they "know" you they may not have a problem taking the package. But some can be real sticklers for the rules.
All you can do is try & hope he takes it.

jen-ron
07-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Thank you so much! :D

buttrfli
07-23-2004, 08:23 PM
2. Can my DH hand deliever it to the mailman as he delievers our mail?

TIA!

Jen

Just went through this a few weks ago... they can take pkgs UP TO 2lbs.... my old mailman used to take everything, no matter how big it was, but our mailman at our new place is a stickler (among other things lol) for the rules. :rolleyes: