PDA

View Full Version : Husband in a mood AGAIN, I guess due to disability issues

belle5691
07-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Yesterday a friend came to the city to look for jobs, I went along with her because a job change for me would not be bad either, lol. My husband likes her, and always has. She is---flighty to say the least. The last time she was here she complained of how badly her neck was hurting, so he massaged it for her, she said it felt better, so yesterday when she was here, he told her to come here by him....she did...he massaged her neck and back again for a bit then tried to get her to sit down on his knees. (Yeah, I know---)She kept laughing and told him that she would break his legs (she is BBW)...and then she came over and sat down by me. The issue is NOT that...thats something that I don't care about. The issue is when I came home from the job search he was in a great mood. When she told him she wouldnt sit on his knees his mood went downhill fast. He went to bed early....I tried to lay close to him, and he would scoot away....I turned out the light after about 1 hour. Then about 30 mins later he decided to "get close". By that time I was only in the mood to sleep. I have to work today. He gets so moody so fast, and Im at the end of my rope about it. We have been fighting disability now for over 2 years and it seems never ending, I have been working hard at a job which I love, hate the staff, lol, and working in a home based business too to keep going.....and all I want is for his mood to be more level. Hes tried anti depressants....2 different ones, they make the mood worse.

Angel Lips
07-23-2004, 05:29 AM
awww (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Freebeemom
07-23-2004, 05:38 AM
Have you talked to the Dr. that perscribed the pills? Perhaps it is at the wrong dosage? Sounds like something is going on.....mental health issues are not easy to deal with...I know that it is normal for EVERYONE to get in a rut sometimes, but sounds like your DH. is going through more than that.

Best of luck to you!

Call the Dr!

llbriteyes
07-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Yesterday a friend came to the city to look for jobs, I went along with her because a job change for me would not be bad either, lol. My husband likes her, and always has. She is---flighty to say the least. The last time she was here she complained of how badly her neck was hurting, so he massaged it for her, she said it felt better, so yesterday when she was here, he told her to come here by him....she did...he massaged her neck and back again for a bit then tried to get her to sit down on his knees. (Yeah, I know---)She kept laughing and told him that she would break his legs (she is BBW)...and then she came over and sat down by me. The issue is NOT that...thats something that I don't care about. The issue is when I came home from the job search he was in a great mood. When she told him she wouldnt sit on his knees his mood went downhill fast. He went to bed early....I tried to lay close to him, and he would scoot away....I turned out the light after about 1 hour. Then about 30 mins later he decided to "get close". By that time I was only in the mood to sleep. I have to work today. He gets so moody so fast, and Im at the end of my rope about it. We have been fighting disability now for over 2 years and it seems never ending, I have been working hard at a job which I love, hate the staff, lol, and working in a home based business too to keep going.....and all I want is for his mood to be more level. Hes tried anti depressants....2 different ones, they make the mood worse.

There are many types of anti-depressants out there. In my experience, its better to see a qualified professional to deal with that specialty illness. A psychiatrist. He doesn't need to suffer, and neither do you.

krinkle19
07-23-2004, 11:57 AM
I myself take antideppresants, as do a few of my friends. They are not all made equally. If one doesn't work after a month ( they usually take 3 weeks or more), ask to be switched to another. I had been placed on 7 different ones, before a successful diagnosis with the appropriate meds. It is crucial to see a good psychiatrist that will also look at other biological changes, as well as to be brutally honest with them regarding symptoms. It could be related to whatever the disability is, or he may not have run down the full list of how he is feeling. If unmotivated to get up and do anything, they must know, if waking in the middle of the night, suicidal thoughts, etc....different drugs treat different symptoms.