PDA

View Full Version : This still makes my blood boil!

mesue
07-20-2004, 03:16 PM
My cousin got drunk and called me now keep in mind that he could dial a phone using a calling card so he was not that drunk, he was upset because of a land dispute we had with his dad we had 2 surveyers here who said we were right but we would lose more money than the land was worth if we fought it in court. The surveryer he hired had made a mistake and counted some of our land as being his, and the survey was already filed so we let it go and my uncle made out like a fat rat but still got mad when we fenced in what land we had left. So then they sold out and moved and blamed us with it all even though we were clearly right and they got what they wanted. Then to go back to what really po's me is that this piece of crap called me and cursed me and hubby and called me a whore. He called me a total of thirteen times in one night threatening to kill us. I did not press charges because I do care about his Mom and did not want to cause her problems. Now flash forward to a few months later when I am discussing this situation with my Mom and I ask her why she still speaks to him (my cousin) and her response was, "Why he has not done anything to me?" My Mom who even after I explained to her why she should be angry still said this. This happened several years ago and she still talks to him and it still makes my blood boil with anger that she feels this way. How would you feel?

bell_peaches
07-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Your mom is trying to keep the piece with the family. she is trying to stay out of it. she doen't want to loose any of the family. It is over and done let it drop try to forgive. You had your chance to press charges but you desided not to to keep the piece with family members. don't blame her for something you also did. You didn't press charges to keep peice. she is not taking sides to keep piece.It is in the past You will feel better to just drop it don't put a riff between the two of you.

Freebeemom
07-20-2004, 05:31 PM
I would probably be just as mad as you are....but then again, I would have probably reported that phone call. You just never know....I am sorry! that totally stinks!!!

mesue
07-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I have not said anything else to her and I realize she is just trying to keep peace in the family but I did tell her I did not expect her to be mad at her sister and I wanted them to continue to have a good relationship through all this mess but I never once said that this went for someone who called her daughter up and cursed her like this. For her to say he did not do anything to her hurts me a lot, yes he did he called HER daughter up and cursed her so to me he did do something to her but the fact that she does not see it this ways hurts, its like she is choosing his feelings over mine and his are more important. When I told my Mom to not let this mess with me and that side of the family interfere with her relationship with her sister, before he cursed me, I was putting her feelings in front of mine out of love for her but its like a slap in the face for her to put his feelings ahead of mine. The truth is she does not even like him and has said so to me.

queenangie
07-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Families are not easy many times.

You'd think that somebody you'd love would treat you really good with kindness and respect. And that kindness, respect, and love would be reciprocated.

Instead, some folks treat complete strangers better than their own family members.
Crazy!

Kyla Kym
07-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Maybe your mother is afraid if she acts mad at her nephew that her sister might get mad at her for it.

I can understand why it hurts your feelings, but it's probably best to ignore it.