PDA

View Full Version : Some eBay sellers!! Geez!!!

ezmoney163
07-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I was looking on eBay for subway stamps. I found one seller selling them for a fair price, Or so i thought!!! Geez OH man!!! This is the Seller's payment instructions & return policy:
I ACCEPT PAY PAL, MONEY ORDERS OR CHECK. ONLY BID IF YOU INTEND TO PAY. BUYER MUST ADD $15.00 SHIPPING/HANDLING IN THE US. CANADA ADD $20.00, IRELAND ADD $25.00 SHIPPING/HANDLING. PLEASE LOOK AT MY OTHER ITEMS. If you need it shipped somewhere else please email me and ask for the price of shipping.

OMG!!! :eek: :eek: Dude where is your post office and is the envie gold you are mailing these in?? Holy cow!!! Talk about greedy!! Plus you have ro pay $3 US Postal Service Express Mail: I think I may go into the shipping and handling business!!! Anyone wanna join forces, LOL

He says look at my other items...... I am afraid to, LOL>

Eyore
07-20-2004, 02:35 PM
I've noticed alot of sellers are doing that. They are listing low with high shipping to avoid paying fees to ebay. I don't know, but I don't think they are suppose to do that.

DezaRay24
07-20-2004, 02:45 PM
I totally agree with you. I love the ones that start at $0.01 and the shipping is double and triple the normal shipping costs. I think Ebay should crack down on that.

ezmoney163
07-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Well the actual sale price is up past $70 so their fees would still be high. I just think this guy is trying to make an extra dollar or $15. :eek:

MsLynn
07-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Report it to Ebay,that is exactly what they are avoiding, is trying to get out of paying fees and its not allowed

Tasha405
07-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Maybe he was going to tape the stamps to some bricks before mailing them out?? LOL j/k

That's just crazy and I would report it if I were you.

Willow
07-20-2004, 04:25 PM
I've noticed alot of sellers are doing that. They are listing low with high shipping to avoid paying fees to ebay. I don't know, but I don't think they are suppose to do that.

No, they aren't and you can report them for doing it. I posted a while back about a guy who is charging $5.00 media mail to ship a book. He could of mailed the book priority mail and it would of only cost $3.85. Someone posted in my thread and told me to report him which I did.

fatesfaery
07-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I've seen lots of electronics auctions where the starting bid is a penny......and S&H is $50 and up.
I won't even bid anymore unless shipping is listed and reasonable.
I know people have the cost of shipping materials and gas costs and such....but there's reasonable and there's taking advantage of people.

Willow
07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Maybe he was going to tape the stamps to some bricks before mailing them out?? LOL j/k

rotfl :D

Freebeemom
07-20-2004, 05:28 PM

That is hillarious!

I usually tell the seller that I think that their shipping is too high...like if I compare items and it shows that one seller is shipping for $5 and the other for $10...I will email them. That has become a strange personal crusade! Ugh!

I charge $.50 fee on purchases. I do all my printing from home, so that covers my ink and paper.

ezmoney163
07-20-2004, 07:43 PM

LMBO I agree. How do you report it??

Willow
07-20-2004, 07:57 PM
LMBO I agree. How do you report it??

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/report_listing.html

This is the link that MelanieAnn posted for me to use.

taz69
07-20-2004, 08:15 PM
LOl - I HATE the high shipping! How many subway stamps do you want? I have some - send me your addy and I'll send them FREE! - don't have that many, but you deserve them after this!/lol
cactusbandit2@aol.com

ezmoney163
07-21-2004, 03:04 AM
LOl - I HATE the high shipping! How many subway stamps do you want? I have some - send me your addy and I'll send them FREE! - don't have that many, but you deserve them after this!/lol
cactusbandit2@aol.com

LOL I actually was just looking outta curiousity. LOL More like gee do they actually sell these on there. Thank you for offering though. :D