PDA

View Full Version : Proud of my daughter

rlynn411
07-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Today I get a letter from our school district, saying the state of Ohio requires all districts to identify students who are gifted cognitively, academically, creatively and artistically, however the state does NOT require districts to provide special services to these children. Each district must define which identified children will receive these services. Hilliard City School District has set the following criteria for places students in intervention services in math.

Students must have:

a 95th percentile or higher TOTAL MATH score (stanford);
and
An SAI (Student Ability Index Score) or individual IQ score of 120 or higher
OR
A 70th percentile or higher score on the TOMAGS (Test of Mathmatical Ability of Gifted Student),

My daughter who willl be enter 4th grade this year scored 96% in Total math (Stanford)
116 Student Ability Index score OLSAT ( Otis Lennon School Ability Test)
79th percentile TOMAGS score (70th percentile or higher)

Apparently it was the TOMAGS score that qualified her the gifted intervention services. Knowing my daughter, she will be bummed that she missed the OLSAT one by 4. I still think she did terrific!

This will make the 3rd year she has tested into this program. I personally think what they are taught in these classes are insane, such as the Egyption math when she was in 3rd grade, think she had algerabic in 2nd grade, but I suppose its all about different ways of thinking! To creative for me, but thrilled she has the chance to challenge herself!

Okay.... proud mom moment over!

ezmoney163
07-20-2004, 09:36 AM
how exciting for you and her!! I am happy for you!! You have to be proud LOL

Tadbit
07-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Your daughter is very smart. Congrats to her for the high scoring. Don't forget to give her a hug. :)

Angel Lips
07-20-2004, 12:17 PM
congrats to you and your daughter..

queenangie
07-20-2004, 07:57 PM
You should be very proud! Congrats!

DivineMsDi
07-21-2004, 04:34 AM
You should be proud. Girlpower!

Tracy'sMom
07-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Congrats!!! Way to go Keep up the good work.

THEpouty1
07-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Your daughter did a great job, and you have every reason to be proud! Congrats!

nanajoanie
07-21-2004, 12:15 PM
WTG!! Mom and daughter. You obviously kept her doing her homework, studying, etc. And she is receptive. Sounds like a winner combination to me. Chances are she will be very successful later in life :) :)