PDA

View Full Version : OH Brother !!! (In- Law)

ezmoney163
07-20-2004, 06:39 AM
I am very upset!! (Sorry I need to getthis out) My brother in law told me he would baby sit my kids for the first month of my school. He is 18 and a senior in high school so he can only do it for a month. He needed extra money and I needed a baby sitter. He said he could use the extra money for his car he is fixing up. OK that is cool!! Well since then he has asked kinda odd questions like does Jackson still cry when you leave?? Umm No he is big enough now he doesn't do that. Then he asks well what time do you get done at school cause I need to be at the pizza shop by 5 (Ummm ok no biggie I get out by 4) I said well if it is a problem I can meet you at the shop and pick up the kids. OK?? That was fine. Then it was how long will you be at school?? Well probably close to 8 hours. It is full time. The list goes on and on with these off the wall questions I have already answered 10 times. Well I finally think everything is set, with two weeks before he starts, he calls last night and informs me he is scheduled to work at the pizza shop from 11 to 2:30 the first week of school. :mad: :confused: Which I do not understand, he has worked there for6 months at least and never has worked in the day. (Opps forgot to say we are related in a round about way to the pizza shop owner) So anyway, I was like well I have to call you back, Jackson feel off his chair and bit his tounge straight through. Ouch!!! So I get off the phone and tell my husband (it is his brother) He told me to just tell brother to forget it, he also saud why in the heck are you so nice to them anyway, everytime you need something they end up not helping you. I am like it is your family of course I am gonna be nice to them.He says you do anything they need and they never help you out. I said I dont care it is family. So anyway, I called him back and told him just to forget it all together, I can not tell someone well I need you for this week then not for these ones then need you again in a few weeks. He didn't seem to be bothered or anything by it. My question is if you don't want to watch my kids why not just tell me?? Instead of playing around and making me think I had all the arrangements made?? Grrrrrr.......

No need to respond just needed to vent. Now off to try to find day care for August. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jonette5
07-20-2004, 06:53 AM
(((HUGS))) I know it is frustrating dealing with stuff like this! Seems like finding a babysitter is one of the hardest things to do. Don't be too hard on the BIL.. he is just 18 and has no understanding of what is involved in finding good care for your kids. Sounds to me like he decided taking care of kids was going to be harder than he thought and he just didn't know how to get out of it without hurting your feelings, so the pizza place was a "good out" for him.

Hope you find a good sitter and get things straightened out. Maybe I missed you saying it sometime, but what are you going to school for? I think it is great for people to go back to school like that. Wish I could do it! Good Luck!

ezmoney163
07-20-2004, 07:03 AM
I am going back for nursing. :)

I gues we (hubby and I) are so mad because if it was one of hubbys sisters kids he would do it. He did it for my one sis two years ago for the same course I am taking. Not any of his bros or sisters haveever asked to take our kids anywhere, have them over, or anything. It also makes us both upset to see this, our kids being left out. Now this is just a toppig on the cake. I mean we really thought he would dothis for us because he babysits everyone elses kids. It just irritates me. :)

booker'sbaby24
07-20-2004, 08:10 AM
If I lived closer I would definitely watch your kids. I need the money real bad. Both of our cars are tore up right now.

Angel Lips
07-20-2004, 08:15 AM
want me to come babysit? I'll gladly do it..n heck you wouldnt even have to pay me any. Good luck Brandy!! (((((((((hugs)))))))

Freebeemom
07-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Are you married to my husband? Because my brother in law and family in law do that to me all the time? My dh has the SAME response! "Why do you still rely on them?"....ugh, it is totally frustrating! Does your school offer daycare at a discounted rate for students? I would check and see...usually they use the early childhood students to watch them from like 8 until 5.

Wish I could help! I know where you are coming from!!!!!

MamaFairal
07-20-2004, 07:16 PM
oh babe bring them by here ya know i'll watch them and for nothing :D

Sounds like he(BIL) didnt really wanna watch them after all huh?
Sorry {{HUGS}}

**Hey you get snail mail lately???

queenangie
07-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Families can be so annoying - especially when you think everything is fixed,
only to discover that it wasn't.

So sorry you've got this right now. Hoping you'll find the right sitter for your darlings.
Good luck with school & classes. You'll be a great nurse.

Sending you warm hugs!
Angie

ezmoney163
07-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys!! I think he is at the stage age he doesn't know what he wants to do. LOL

monii222
07-21-2004, 04:05 AM
I would do it if I did not have to work. I love your kids, even if they do cry alot. It is only natural for a little one to cry when his mommy leaves for a while and then they get over it. Jimmy was like that for a long time and he was even old enough, but I don't blame him. He told me after I stopped taking him to this daycare home the lady was not very nice. I would love to babysit, darn work.

ezmoney163
07-21-2004, 02:14 PM
I would do it if I did not have to work. I love your kids, even if they do cry alot. It is only natural for a little one to cry when his mommy leaves for a while and then they get over it. Jimmy was like that for a long time and he was even old enough, but I don't blame him. He told me after I stopped taking him to this daycare home the lady was not very nice. I would love to babysit, darn work.

:) Thanks!!! LOL ;)

monii222
07-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Anytime