PDA

View Full Version : thoughts and prayers please.

mlayton1994
07-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Hey everyone (this also in the vent and whine forum. I need all the help I can get),
Can you please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I am out of financial aid money for college (my mom pd for summer semester). I did fine in Semester 1 but, now I am craming a 16wk in a 4wk spanish 2 class. I have not done well on the first 2 tests. I just need a D to pass this class and I graduate. Also I still have to make up 2 history papers and a test (I am going to see if one of my teachers will extend my deadline by a wk to finish it up).
My dh second job (he does web work) is now on a 1mth contract instead of 3 mth. So we dont know if he will still have the job after aug. It brings an extra 750mth in. With him commuting to work everyday 1hr15min one way his gas bill is 430 mth on his car . Not to include the fact that his car has 220,000 miles on it (its a toyota camry -98. he drives 50000 miles a yr) and it isnt pd off for another year. Mine has 236000 miles and its still running (knock on wood) and its pd off (my mom pd it off for me. thank god for that ).
I am so stressed out that it isnt funny. Went and talked to my professor and told him that I am willing to do whatever it takes to do well. I am hoping that if I bust my butt on the next 3 tests that maybe I can increase my score by 40 or so pts. He is willing to help me but,he isnt just going to pass you. I am hoping if he see's me working my butt off and I fall short of a D he will pass me but who knows about him. A girl said in front of me that he told the entire class that he will not just pass you ( I had to leave half way thru the class the other day). I dont know exactly what that means but, I am guessing it isnt good.
I am hoping that dh work will get 2 new contracts over the next year and it will increase his salary as he will be the one handling the two contracts but, that will not happen until next spring.
As I sub in the school system I do not get any pay during the summer. If worst comes to worst I would end up having to go back fall and asking my mom to let me borrow another 1000 dollars (if she will do that) and subbing. I am really hoping it does not come to this as it would put so much more stress on us.
So far God has taken care of us and provided us with the things we need. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for listening .

Merriann

Angel Lips
07-20-2004, 05:09 AM
sending you good vibes and prayers. Good luck in your classes. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Tracy'sMom
07-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Sending You prayers

MySweetLord
07-20-2004, 08:08 AM
You are in my prayers also