PDA

View Full Version : I can not believe I broke it

ttistin
07-19-2004, 02:11 PM
I am making slow cooker chicken and dumplings, I was getting ready to put the dumpling mix in the chicken and put the glass cover on the counter. What I didnt realize is that it was right on the edge. and of course it fell and shattered. I just bought this slow cooker just a couple of months ago. It is a nice big one, perfect for making my chicken and dumplings and all my other family size meals :(

I still have my other slow cooker, but it is a small one. Will make maybe half of the amount I can in my new one :(

I had to put foil on the crockpot just to finish my dinner :( :(

I can not believe I did this. Now I am going to either go buy a new slow cooker or just use foil :( :(

LuvBigRip
07-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Check with the manufacturer, most sell replacement parts, including the lids.

queenangie
07-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Check out Salvation Army or Good Will. Bring a cut-out pattern of the size of lid you need with you. Might find one to match!

tootiemae
07-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Check with the manufacturer, most sell replacement parts, including the lids.

Definitley call the company, many will replace at no cost. I had a lid to one of my Wearever pans fall & break, when I called to see if I could purchase a replacement I found out that the particular set was now discontinued. The Rep tracked one down at their warehouse and it was sent to me at no charge. Good PR!!!! :D

ang in NC
07-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I broke the lid of my crock pot. I use a plate and it works just fine!!!

DivineMsDi
07-20-2004, 03:51 AM
Don't you HATE when you break something? I have so few "nice" things that it really upsets me. Good luck getting it fixed/replaced.

ttistin
07-20-2004, 11:41 AM
dh told me last night we will just go buy a new one. I had to use foil on it last night to finish my dinner, and even then it didnt cook right and had to throw it in the oven to finish it off.

1tiredmom
07-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I am making slow cooker chicken and dumplings, I was getting ready to put the dumpling mix in the chicken and put the glass cover on the counter. What I didnt realize is that it was right on the edge. and of course it fell and shattered. I just bought this slow cooker just a couple of months ago. It is a nice big one, perfect for making my chicken and dumplings and all my other family size meals :(

I still have my other slow cooker, but it is a small one. Will make maybe half of the amount I can in my new one :(

I had to put foil on the crockpot just to finish my dinner :( :(

I can not believe I did this. Now I am going to either go buy a new slow cooker or just use foil :( :(

could you pass on how you fix your chicken and dumplings -i have found numerous recipes on line but doesn't come out like my grandmothers i don't need exact amount of the ingredients i can fool around with that-never bothered to write things down from her -a allways expected her to be here you know--that why if ANYONE has any family handed down italian recipes would love if you would share them---absnb@yahoo.com :)

ttistin
07-20-2004, 02:19 PM
could you pass on how you fix your chicken and dumplings -i have found numerous recipes on line but doesn't come out like my grandmothers i don't need exact amount of the ingredients i can fool around with that-never bothered to write things down from her -a allways expected her to be here you know--that why if ANYONE has any family handed down italian recipes would love if you would share them---absnb@yahoo.com :)

this is what I put in it

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tbls butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1can cream of celery soup
onion powder
chicken broth

I also add more spices, just stuff we like

Place everything in the slowcooker, cover with broth {could use water also}

You can use homemade or store bought biscuts {i do homemade}

Add biscuts about an hour before done