PDA

View Full Version : Worried........

Lovely One
07-19-2004, 11:39 AM
I am very worried right now about my mother. She usually calls everyday at work but today I have not heard from her and I have called several times since this morning. I don't have any of her co-worker's phone numbers. I also tried calling my parent's house but no one answers and my brother should definitely be there. He is not on the internet because I get a popup when he logs on. I am really beginning to think something is wrong. If I haven't heard anything by 5:00 I am going to start calling around to hospitals.

I know I might seem like I am being paranoid but my mother and I talk EVERYDAY even if it is just "I was just calling to check on you" type of calls. And my brother is a homebody and never goes anywhere (he stays home playing video games and on the internet)

Another reason I am so worried is because my father has been acting very unusual lately. He has been constantly accusing my mother of cheating and they are almost constantly fighting. Strange because he is the one that flirts with a lot of women and some people have even seen him walking down the street with a woman several times.(not sure if it is the same woman each time) During the holiday, he even told my husband that he cheats on my mother while she is at work and of course, hubby told me. He said my father was also looking at a girl who looked like she was about 15 and saying how good she looked in a skirt she had on and how he could get with her. (Really p*ssed me off when I found that out especially since I have a daughter and now I refuse to let her be around him) He was also giving suggestive gestures to the neighbors where they live and making them mad so we left early because I didn't want to put my child in any danger (with him or the neighbors, not a very good neighborhood)

The next week I tried to tell my mother that I did not appreciate the way he was acting and I was contemplating whether or not I should tell her that he was cheating. He came into the room and she told him what I said and of course he got upset he got on the phone with me and gave me some 2-bit excuse about him being upset with her and that's the reason he was acting that way. I am happy I didn't tell her he is cheating because they always find a way to blame it on me. If I told her she would say "Your daughter told me you were cheating" And of course we would get into it and I don't like drama. I feel bad because she doesn't know but it seems like she does know but won't face it. She has been working for over 20 yrs at the same job and he hasn't worked for at least 8 years. He is very insecure because of this and he never got a high school diploma so it's not easy to get a job since he doesn't have a car either (he has only done delivery driving)

I used to be so close to my father but now he seems like he may be on something (drugs) I am not completely sure but he acts like a completely different person now. And I am just hoping everything is okay with my mom and brother right now. I have seen what drugs can make people do and I keep having this fear that he is going to harm them.

Eyore
07-19-2004, 11:52 AM
If you don't hear from them or get in touch with them. You could call the police to go their house and check and make sure everything is ok.
I would keep calling your parents house and try the hospitals but they may not tell you anything because of the privacy thing.
Did you try calling her at work to see if she is there.
Hope everything is ok.

Lovely One
07-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanks, I tried calling her at work many time with no answer. I even called the main number and asked the operator to transfer me to her desk still no answer. I am thinking about calling the main number at her job and asking to speak with whoever her supervisor is and asking the sup if she is there or called in today.

ttistin
07-19-2004, 11:58 AM
I hope you get ahold of someone soon. {{{hugs}}}

I am sure everything is ok, but Eyore has a good idea if you dont hear something. Call the police and have them go and check their house and let you know.

lassss
07-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks, I tried calling her at work many time with no answer. I even called the main number and asked the operator to transfer me to her desk still no answer. I am thinking about calling the main number at her job and asking to speak with whoever her supervisor is and asking the sup if she is there or called in today.

Yes start there ...call and tell the supervisor that you are worried about her and if she is there or took the day off. Does she or your brother have a cel? Or can you call a neighbor of your mothers?? Hope you get in contact with her real soon

Lovely One
07-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Just called her supervisor and left a message because she wasn't at her desk. They don't have a cell and aren't friendly with the neighbors so I don't have their numbers.

Lovely One
07-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Whew! I am relieved..........she just called and she was at home, she took off work today and went grocery shopping. She said my brother was sleep and that's why he wasn't answering the phone or on the internet. Gosh now i feel stupid and paranoid, but at least I have peace of mind now. :rolleyes:

ttistin
07-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Whew! I am relieved..........she just called and she was at home, she took off work today and went grocery shopping. She said my brother was sleep and that's why he wasn't answering the phone or on the internet. Gosh now i feel stupid and paranoid, but at least I have peace of mind now. :rolleyes:

I am glad you heard from her, like you said at least you have peace of mind now. There is nothing wrong with worring about your mother :) Shows how much you love and care about her :)

Eyore
07-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Glad she called and everything is ok. Now you can relax from the worry you were having.