PDA

View Full Version : Now I really HAVE seen it all!!!

swan0002
07-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Went to Wal-Mart tonight (was raining here in NY). As I was leaving I saw the ultimate :mad:
There was a woman with her child sitting in the cart. I guess she was preparing the child for the wet run back to the car. Her solution to keeping the child dry.... took a Wal-Mart plastic bag and placed it over the child's head!!! I was totally speechless (yes, me, speechless). I just could not believe what I saw!!! She put the bag over his head and down around his shoulders... UGH!!!! And people like this have the ability to reproduce????

okie
07-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Wow,i would rather my child get a little wet than suffocate under a bag.

Angel Lips
07-19-2004, 05:00 AM
Ugh some people just dont know how to care fro a child the right way

momfromTN
07-19-2004, 05:34 AM
Ok, lets wait a minute here. Perhaps she shouldn't have put it totally over him like that, but I highly doubt he would suffocate on the run to the car. Also, unless the bag was tied around his neck, he could still get air. But, I agree~not the smartest thing one can do. ;)

MamaFairal
07-19-2004, 07:25 AM
UGH!!!! And people like this have the ability to reproduce????

Nuff said :(

sahmsfreeb
07-19-2004, 08:08 AM
if it was raininng that hard and i didnt want my child to get wet that isnt the way i would cover him...... you are at a store that sells raincoats... hummmmmmmmmmm perhaps buy one???*sarcasm*

if money is an option.... i would have taken a bag but made a babushka ( a polish head scarf) out of it... not put it over my childs head....

really if i wanted now that i think of it i would get the super large bag and poke a hole in the bottom of it to make a makeshift coat....

there are alternatives to putting a bag over a childs head....
parenting like all other things require skill and work...something most people are afraid to do... :(

mom4angels
07-19-2004, 08:19 AM
They sell umberella's at Walmart for three dollar everyday. I realize maybe she didn't have the money for that but I would have done anything other then putting a bag over the head . It may not have suffocated the child to the car but it gave him/her the idea that it is ok to put bags over his/her at a later time when they are playing. They also sell plastic rain hats that tie around the chin that women where for less then three dollars.

Whitequeen39
07-19-2004, 08:59 AM
They sell umberella's at Walmart for three dollar everyday. I realize maybe she didn't have the money for that but I would have done anything other then putting a bag over the head . It may not have suffocated the child to the car but it gave him/her the idea that it is ok to put bags over his/her at a later time when they are playing. They also sell plastic rain hats that tie around the chin that women where for less then three dollars.

That was my exact concern when I read this....children mimic what they see and experience. I have been in this situation and well my kids get wet...we dry off at home, my God getting a little wet won't hurt anything but giving the idea that plastic bags are ok to put over ones head is very dangerous indeed. Sometimes people just don't use their head...