PDA

View Full Version : I think my parents are splitting up...

EgHunny
07-17-2004, 12:33 AM
This is a couple that have never fought before... Fun fights with us, yes.... But this is just ripping me apart. I have been trying to keep it inside for weeks now, and I just cant take it anymore. Even a drop of water, will start it. They have been talking to each other... Hi and bye is all they say. It kinda gets to you, when you have seen such a wonderful pair be very happy one minute, and then totally deranged the next.

My best friend is supposed to come over this weekend, but I really dont know if I want to subject him to this. I cant eat, I cant sleep, its just totally ripping me to shreds. Why cant they just get along, or just get divorced.... What happened? What did I miss? I live here, and just dont see it.. Am I really that blind, that I couldnt see my family was falling apart?

Not only that, but my aunt is also in the same boat. Except hers started last year. My uncle is a total d*** to her, and I really dont know why she is even with him.

I think I am going to go nuts... I want out of here so bad, its killing me. I cant take sides, I love them both. If they get divorced, Im moving next door, or with my aunt.. Heck maybe I will move with my other uncle and aunt. There never home, so I dont think they would mind.. I need a vacation, something..

Sorry about my long vent. No need to reply.. I just really needed to get that out, before I went crazy. But I think I am already there anyways..

Angel Lips
07-17-2004, 05:19 AM
I am sorry, I know what you mean though. My dad just moved out of my house about a month ago because he was tired of my moms bickering. Im not sure what is going to happen, but it tore me up and i was soo embarassed to talk to anyone about it or even tell my boyfriend. I hope things get better for you. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

MamaFairal
07-17-2004, 08:19 AM
I came from the opposite side of the tracks:

My parents stayed togther till the last of us seven kids graduated high school and they were never loving towards each other at all. They were more cordial than anything just passing as they worked different shifts....How i have two younger siblings is beyond me as they also always slept in twins beds :(

EgHunny, people just grow apart...i hope your family stays intact tho and i am sending {{prayers}}

Tracy'sMom
07-17-2004, 08:59 AM
I hope things get better for You. I cant imagine the pain. Sending You prayers.

schsa
07-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Keep in mind that this is probably something that has gone on for years and finally they are tired of fighting over and over again about the same things. Personally I would rather see my parents divorced than living together and being either cold or nasty to one another. At least divorced they might actually be happy.

I have a friend who is staying in her marriage until the kids are out of high school which will be in about 10 years. She is not happy. She does her thing and he does his. They don't even share a bedroom. But she has no skills because she has been at home with the kids since the first one was born. So she stays and she's miserable. He controls the money and if he doesn't like something she buys he makes her take it back.

I'd divorce him and get child support and alimony rather than live that way.

Tasha405
07-17-2004, 10:49 AM
I know the feeling but my parents seperated and divorced when I was nine years old though. {{{Hugs}}}

ang in NC
07-17-2004, 11:31 AM
So sorry, hope things get better.

iluvmybaby
07-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Sounds like it is time for you to get professional help about you thoughts/feelings about your parents breakup. I am not sure about your age but having parents seperate at any age is hard, however you can not change your parents thoughts/feelings towards each other and now you have to take care of yourself. It is not healthy to not eat, sleep, etc. When I went through my divorce of a marriage of 2 years I went a couple of weeks where I was feeling like a zombie it is an emotionally earth shattering sensation to relaize a relationship is over. Maybe with counseling they can work out their dffierence, you might want to tell them that their constant fight is affectiong you as well, they are adults and need to stop tearing at each other in front of you that is not fair then you have to take sides in between your mom and dad

schsa
07-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Good answer!!!