PDA

View Full Version : He was crying ~ I was cying

ezmoney163
07-16-2004, 01:45 PM
I tell you my new son 4 weeks 2 days old has been fighting his sleep. He cries his head off staying awake. I swear I will go insane. Today he screamed the whole way through Walmart , the all the way to my grandmas , then all the way home. I swear if my sil had not called me at Walmart then here at home, people would think I was telling a lie about how long he screamed. I would have ran away , but can not think of them without me. My 8 and 2 year old are about crazy with the noise too. I think I may be having a melt down. Seriously!!! I feel so helpless when he cries like this. My house is a flippin mess, dushes need done, laundry, my floors need sweeping, my room looks like a tornado hit it. Oh Lord please help me!!! If I am not holding him he freaks out. If he would just sleep for 1/2 hour without me having to hold him, I could do something around here.

Thanks for listening!!

Donnagg123
07-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Hugs to you! It may not seem like it right now but it will get better :)

DaLilPeachy
07-16-2004, 02:07 PM
wow sounds rough - have you tried Mylicon drops?
I used to give Alexis a few Mylicon drops and hold her against my chest and bounce on the end of the bed.
If nothing else works maybe you can buy one of those baby slings and just hook him on while you do the things you need to.

Good luck! <sending sleep vibes>

ttistin
07-16-2004, 02:12 PM
{{{Hugs}}} Is there anyway you can leave the baby with grandma or auntie or someone you trust for just an hour or so? just to give you a little rest.

When Tristian was a tiny thing he would cry like that, come to find out he was lactose intolerant{sp?} The dr changed his formula and he was fine after that.

Hope you both get some rest soon {{hugs}}

Freebeemom
07-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I totally hear you! You need a break. Time for a Mom's time out! It is stressful! Especially when it is a warm summer day!

You can always just lay the baby down and go out and count.....count as high as you need to so you can get a chance to cool off as well....

(((Hugs))))

Tracy'sMom
07-16-2004, 03:26 PM
I hope things get better for You. It does sound like You need a break though.

momfromTN
07-16-2004, 03:33 PM
If it isn't sickness or gas, then letting him cry it out won't hurt him. Get ear plugs.

I feel for you. That would drive me absolutely bonkers.

LuvBigRip
07-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Does he have colic? Have you tried changing formula's (if not breast fed) if breast fed, is there something in your own diet upsetting the tummy? Have you talked to your pediatrician? Have you tried a baby swing? When my DD was little, she fussed non-stop, the swing was my savior. Have you tried one of those summer seats? If your washing machine is inside, place him in the seat, and put on top of the washer, the motion helps, also they make those summer seats with battery powered motion now. I know babies cry for reasons unknown to us, but that much crying is too much, for the both of you.

I say hand him off to hubby, and go take a nap. Lock the door!!!

JewRican
07-16-2004, 03:55 PM
My savior is the vibrating bouncy seat. Is it gas? Mylicon drops are great! If it's his formula try using Nutramigen or Alimentum for a few days. It 's expensive but if you get a dr. to write you a script for it WIC will cover it. My ex and I made to much for WIC when my daughter was born but when we had to put her on Alimentum WIC covered it.

Angel Lips
07-16-2004, 04:00 PM
i am sorry brandy ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) want me to come visit so you can get some things done????

1tiredmom
07-16-2004, 04:29 PM
sorry if i lived near you I'd come and give you a break-lord knows like the others how that can be-son was about 6 weeks old-i fed him, gave him a bath, walked him,did everything i could think of and all he did was cry-hubby came home to check on me and the baby(son was my first) and i was in the bathroom with the exhaust on full force -hubby knocked on the door asked if i was ok -told him yeah-he said the baby is crying-my reply yeas i know,you can come in if you want-he walked into the bathroom and i was sitting on the tub working a crossword puzzle-he looked & said the baby is srying-i said yes i know -hubby"when are coming out the bathroom my reply when he shuts up--told him what i did to try to comfort him to no avail--when he stopped crying i came out the bathroom -i called the dr and asked her what could it be & she said sometims they just go thru that time --for all that will say i'm a terrible mom for that-all i knew was that i couldn't handle the crying and not knowing why & figured we needed space between us

ezmoney163
07-16-2004, 04:33 PM
OK guys guys !!! Who ever prayed for me it worked. :) Jasey has been sleeping since shortly after I wrote this note. He is ok I have checked him so many times I can not count LOL. But thank you for all your advice. I know it is not gas cause he stops crying when I hold him. It is he just wants held, and he doen't want to sleep. I think we must be real exciting, he don't want to miss us doing something. LOL I know for a fact that DH would go insane. I am glad he is sleeping though. I got my dishes done, my bedroom cleaned, my living room cleaned, no vacuum yet, but will get that as soon as hubby gets home and baby is awake again. I got the bathroom scubbed too. Wooo Hooo!! My hubby called and he is on his way home, he should be here in about an hour. Thank the Lord!!! (thank all of you who prayed, vibes etc)

Now what to make for dinner............

Night Wolf
07-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Glad you got a break. Mine is 8 months and realized that the world goes on even during nap time and doesn't always want to go down. You might try soft music and a vibrating bouncy or one that attaches to the crib. Heartbeat bears work too.
Don't forget to pamper yourself! A nice bath while the laundry is going.

ezmoney163
07-16-2004, 04:43 PM
sorry if i lived near you I'd come and give you a break-lord knows like the others how that can be-son was about 6 weeks old-i fed him, gave him a bath, walked him,did everything i could think of and all he did was cry-hubby came home to check on me and the baby(son was my first) and i was in the bathroom with the exhaust on full force -hubby knocked on the door asked if i was ok -told him yeah-he said the baby is crying-my reply yeas i know,you can come in if you want-he walked into the bathroom and i was sitting on the tub working a crossword puzzle-he looked & said the baby is srying-i said yes i know -hubby"when are coming out the bathroom my reply when he shuts up--told him what i did to try to comfort him to no avail--when he stopped crying i came out the bathroom -i called the dr and asked her what could it be & she said sometims they just go thru that time --for all that will say i'm a terrible mom for that-all i knew was that i couldn't handle the crying and not knowing why & figured we needed space between us

I totally understand you there. I wanted the space too. With 2 other little ones it is so hard to get the space. I know what you mean about feeling like the worst mom. I just wish he was able to tell me what the problem is YA know!! I remember my other two doing similar things but ...........it doesn't seem it was this bad. LOL I guess cause it has been a few years LOL ;)

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone in this. Other babies do it and doctors say the same thing. Mine told me sometimes it is that they just need to cry!! :)

missymommy
07-16-2004, 09:12 PM
This sounds exactly like what I went through with my son Ian. I didn't sleep for more than a half hour at a time the first few weeks after he was born and that was only with him laying in my arms. He didn't seem like he had gas, he burped well for me. He didn't eat alot though. I was giving him formula and the doctor wanted me to try to breast feed instead. It was too late though. Oddly at his next app with the doctor I started to feed him while I was there and the doctor said he was not getting a good hold on the nipple. So he told me to get a nuk nipple and switch to the platex nursers.

My son was always crying because he never got enough food, he got tired of trying to eat and would stop.

After the switch it was like I had a whole different baby.

*edited to add*

He also told me to get nipples with larger holes or make them larger with a hot needle.

Unicornmom77
07-16-2004, 09:22 PM
I so know how you feel hun!! He will get bigger and need held less!!

Its so hard when they get clingy!!

(((((((((((((((BRANDY))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Whitequeen39
07-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey {{{{{{{Brandy}}}}}}, I really feel for ya...I went through the same thing with Eli. If you need one of those baby carriers/slings. I have one I can send ya..didn't even think about it when I sent you your box...I am not sure where I put the darn thing but I know I have two! LMK if you want one, IM or call me!

queenangie
07-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Glad you got a rest from the crying. It was hard on me too when
the boys were little babies with that fussy time every evening.
Ear plugs can help too.
.....in a blink of your eye, he'll be a teenager!

Sending warm hugs your way!

ezmoney163
07-19-2004, 03:55 AM
Thank you everyone!!! We had a tough weekend. Poor litttle baby cried alot over the weekend. I am calling my doctors office today to tell them and see what they say. I think he may nedd different formula again. I remember my other son doing this too. My hubby was probably thrilled to go o work today, he was going crazy with all the crying this weekend. Poor guy!!

monii222
07-19-2004, 04:12 AM
I didn't think your house looked too bad, I know how hard it was for me to keep a clean house when Jimmy was a baby. And with you having 2 other kids it gotta be hard. Your a great mom, you can hang in there I know it. Hope things get better for you soon. (((HUGS)))

ezmoney163
07-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Thanks Mon but it is a dump.
LOL
Toys, dishes, need to run the sweeper. Did you miss the huge basket of laundry that was in the living room that needs folded?? I think it is taller that little Jackson. LOL

momfromTN
07-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks Mon but it is a dump.
LOL
Toys, dishes, need to run the sweeper. Did you miss the huge basket of laundry that was in the living room that needs folded?? I think it is taller that little Jackson. LOL

Well, if your husband was so bothered, why didn't he run the sweeper or fold some clothes? I cannot stand when a man doesn't pitch in. They might be the ones who bring home the bacon, (at least in some cases), but it is their home and their kids too, and aren't we supposed to support our spouse when they are down? I am having issues with my DH as well. I am pregnant and having awful morning sickness. My husband, when I was down for 2 days, would not lift a finger and let dishes and everything just sit. I find that to be totally disgusting and unsupportive. Wonder what my DH would have done if I hadn't helped him after his surgery a couple of years ago? He forgets that. I have a mountain of laundry to fold and my house is a wreck. If DH gets mad, he can lift a finger and be a real man and help me.

Sorry to rant~Men just piss me off sometimes.

ezmoney163
07-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Well, if your husband was so bothered, why didn't he run the sweeper or fold some clothes? I cannot stand when a man doesn't pitch in. They might be the ones who bring home the bacon, (at least in some cases), but it is their home and their kids too, and aren't we supposed to support our spouse when they are down? I am having issues with my DH as well. I am pregnant and having awful morning sickness. My husband, when I was down for 2 days, would not lift a finger and let dishes and everything just sit. I find that to be totally disgusting and unsupportive. Wonder what my DH would have done if I hadn't helped him after his surgery a couple of years ago? He forgets that. I have a mountain of laundry to fold and my house is a wreck. If DH gets mad, he can lift a finger and be a real man and help me.

Sorry to rant~Men just piss me off sometimes.

UMMMM I really do not know what you are talking about. My husband NEVER says a word about the house being a mess. My husband does help out here. He works at least 14 hours a day and still comes home a helps me. He is a wondeful man and I feel lucky to have him around. My husband was bothered by the baby crying so much and nothing is making him feel better, NOT my house. It is a cry that would drive anyone crazy.

Sorry you don't feel you husband is doing his share and not being supportive, but please Do Not think mine is the same way. Ask Monii I married a great guy who would do anything to help me out. Including folding the laundry ,running the sweeper etc.,(with the exception of dishes LOL) right now I just dont want him to since I am picky about how these things get done.

On another note I have a dr appt for Jasey at 3:00 . Maybe they can tell me what is wrong then.

momfromTN
07-19-2004, 10:40 AM
UMMMM I really do not know what you are talking about. My husband NEVER says a word about the house being a mess. My husband does help out here. He works at least 14 hours a day and still comes home a helps me. He is a wondeful man and I feel lucky to have him around. My husband was bothered by the baby crying so much and nothing is making him feel better, NOT my house. It is a cry that would drive anyone crazy.

Sorry you don't feel you husband is doing his share and not being supportive, but please Do Not think mine is the same way. Ask Monii I married a great guy who would do anything to help me out. Including folding the laundry ,running the sweeper etc.,(with the exception of dishes LOL) right now I just dont want him to since I am picky about how these things get done.

On another note I have a dr appt for Jasey at 3:00 . Maybe they can tell me what is wrong then.

I misread your post, sorry. Just hormonal I guess. I am glad someone married a man who cares about the house. :( And yes, crying babies can drive anyone to distraction. I remember once when my oldest was about 2 months old. I did EVERYTHING I could for him, yet he would NOT be soothed. He was not sick or hungry or wet. So, I made sure he was safe in his bed, closed his door, walked out front, shut the front door and sat in my car for about 10 min. When I came back in, he was asleep. Guess he just wanted to hear himself cry. :D

Tasha405
07-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Maybe he's getting colic. Does he sleep through the night at all? You could try catnip tea. I gave it to both of my boys, at night. I would just make hot water, let it seep half the time it had listed on the box, mixed in a little sugar and gave it to them in a little 4oz bottle. It was the only thing that would help my oldest son relax when he got like this. I didn't use it everyday or anything though. I think I used it a total of 3 times with him and then 2 times with my youngest son.

Hopefully the doctor can help you out though. Good luck! :)

monii222
07-19-2004, 12:26 PM

She is right her dh was cooking dinner when we was there yesterday. He is a very good man and would do anything he could for his family. A crying baby would drive anyone crazy if he was crying for so long and nothing you did for him helped, and you were not sleeping well.

momfromTN
07-19-2004, 01:03 PM
She is right her dh was cooking dinner when we was there yesterday. He is a very good man and would do anything he could for his family. A crying baby would drive anyone crazy if he was crying for so long and nothing you did for him helped, and you were not sleeping well.

I did apologize for misreading her post. See my post above, please. Thanks. ;)

ezmoney163
07-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Update!!!!

Dr says it is probably colic. We had to switch formulas. He is ok other wise up to 12 lbs already!! We will see how this goes.

Tracy'sMom
07-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Just wanted to say that He seems to be growing good. 12lbs already that is great.
I do hope that You are able to get Him calmed with the advice that the Dr gave You. My hubby would have been crazy. I married a great guy also. He'll do any thing but dishes and the laundry cause I wont let him do that. Our clothes would all be messed up. LOL!! I hope things with the baby are better now.

ajksmom
07-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Hope it is the formula and things will be better for both you and baby from now on. My son Jessie was the same way, plus the only way he would sleep was on my stomach. Finally at about 3 months old I got the doc to change him from Similac to Isomil and he did a whole lot better. GOOD LUCK!!!