PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Big Time Help Here!!

fire_woman69
07-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Apparently my computer has picked up a keyspy program from some where and I am having the worst time getting rid of it.It says its a trial version but still it drives me crazy.Does anyone know of anyway to get rid of these things.I would appreciate it.

1tiredmom
07-15-2004, 08:52 PM
sorry wish i could

lisahiser
07-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Do a search on it and the delete it that way if you are having problems getting rid of it using your add/remove program. that is how I get rid of those nasty spy ware things.

dog$
07-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Do you have system restore? Use it to set back at a earlier time when this POS isn't on it.

twinkiesmom
07-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Do you have system restore? Use it to set back at a earlier time when this POS isn't on it.

iTA

booker'sbaby24
07-16-2004, 05:05 AM
I would try getting ad ware and removing it or go to add/remove programs and get rid of it that way.

fire_woman69
07-16-2004, 05:08 AM
well thats just the thing.It runs in the background so it isn't in add or remove programs and I also did the system restore and it did not work.Thats what I mean I have no clue how to get rid of it.I also went through the manual way to get rid of it and that didn't work either.I guess its here to stay. :mad:

kvmj
07-16-2004, 05:21 AM
I assume that you have already run Adaware and Spybot. If not, download these programs and they'll get rid of it.

schsa
07-16-2004, 05:35 AM
Run Ad Aware, Spybot and then go run PC Doc. PC Doc won't get rid of anything but it's pretty good at finding problems. We use them here at work when one of our clients has problems. You might also want to check for worms. They also reek havok.

delSol
07-16-2004, 07:04 AM
http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/enterprise.htm
click on "personal" and then "house call"

there is a radio show on AM on Saturdays callled Kim Kommando (sp?) and it is all computer talk, I listen when I drive in to work and she has great tips, she talks about this place all the time...I got a call from my 16 year old a couple of weeks ago complaining that the computer was doing odd things like it had a mind of it's own and it kept changing the cpu date/time - I sent her to do this and 10 minutes later she was back in business

http://www.komando.com/
there is some good stuff on Kim's site as well...

latestdish
07-16-2004, 07:11 AM
How do you get pcdoc? Thanks, Joy

delSol
07-16-2004, 07:46 AM
it should be on your (Wondows) machine - go into programs

Tasha405
07-16-2004, 07:53 AM
I can't find PC Doc on mine. :confused: :(

dog$
07-16-2004, 08:18 AM
If it comes on during the boot up. Type msconfig in the Run, and disable it from the list of start up.

fire_woman69
07-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks for all your tips guys I will try those and let ya know how they worked.I have a pesky keyspy popup every 30 minutes.Its very annoying.

Thanks all of you!!!!

schsa
07-16-2004, 01:23 PM
For your pop ups go to IWon and down load their pop up stopper. It works well.

schsa
07-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Also, the name of that other program is called Stinger. You should be able to find all of these through a Google search.

fire_woman69
07-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Well I have tried all of your suggestions and I still have it apparently.I still have the same annoying pop up that tells me that all keystrokes are being recorded and sent out by email.Nothing I have tried has gotten rid of it.Might have to reformat comp.ANy other suggestions please let me know.Thanks again everyone.

kvmj
07-18-2004, 06:25 AM
Well I have tried all of your suggestions and I still have it apparently.I still have the same annoying pop up that tells me that all keystrokes are being recorded and sent out by email.Nothing I have tried has gotten rid of it.Might have to reformat comp.ANy other suggestions please let me know.Thanks again everyone.

Before you reformat, go to this forum: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27

Download hijack this (follow the instructions on the site). Post your results in the forum (you'll have to register) and they will give you step by step instructions.

Willow
07-18-2004, 07:02 AM
I've heard that Iwon is full of spyware so I don't know if you will want to use that one or not.

suprtruckr
07-18-2004, 08:43 AM
http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=325

Full Name: KeySpy Websearch
Type: Commercial Keylogger
Official Description: KeySpy lets you monitor and record activity (such as keystrokes, active applications, passwords, visited websites, emails, chats etc.) on a computer and send the recorded data to a designated email.

Information URL: http://www.iipwr.com/IIPwrPackage.htm

Properties: Stealth Tactics
Logs keystrokes
Sends mail
Stays Resident

Removal tools: List of products that detect/remove/protect against KeySpy:

X-Cleaner

go to this site where it says X-Cleaner thats a cleanup tool to remove it

booker'sbaby24
07-20-2004, 08:13 AM
go to www.pandasoftware.com and click on products. download teh free virus scan. it might be a virus. it is in the bottom left corner.