PDA

View Full Version : My (very sucky) day...

suziebee20
07-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Today was my jury duty day, and after falling asleep a little after midnight I woke up to get ready at 6:30 this morning. I ended up doddling on the computer and got ready at 7:30, which is when my mom got home from work and was ready to drive me... but I was still getting ready. We left late and I ended up getting there at 7:57, I was to report at 8. After having to wake all around to find the jury entrance I had to wait in line for the metal detector and have my bag x-rayed. After the securtity check point I went in and sat down... about 9ish they did the little welcome speal and said they won't know how many cases there are going to do today until about 9:45. They had books there to read (they said you could take it home if you were in the middle of it since they were donated books... I swear I saw this woman slip about 4 of them in her purse through the day. :rolleyes: ), TVs on, and a small room on the side that was a "quiet room" since people were talking and TVs were going.

I grabbed one of their puzzles and started doing it at a table in the room and a woman came in there and started smoking! UGH... I can't stand smoke, and if she wanted to smoke, fine, whatever... but there is supposed to be NO SMOKING inside the courthouse or even 30 feet from the entrance! So here I sit with this woman in this tiny room and she's smokin' the place up. So I went to the bathroom to pee and told the woman at the desk on my way back. The lady at the desk told her she can go outside and the woman kept saying it was too hot out there... and got angry she couldn't smoke. Right about then they announced there was 1 case going through and they started calling names (I believe about 40 people?). Most of them got to go home... I was one of the ones stuck there to be picked for a trial.

People who had to stay got to go on a lunch break till 1:30. It was about 11 then so I had a long break with nowhere to go. I tried walking to Rubios but exited wrong and ended up by the performing arts center and somehow ended up walking all the way to the library before realizing I was going the darned wrong way. So I went to Albertsons and got a roast beef wrap with potato salad. Took it back to the jury lounge and ate it there while doing another puzzle in the lounge area since the room was kinda smokey. Maury was on and there were girls on there who kept bringing a bazillion guys on there trying to find her babys daddy, and surprise surprise, none of them were. Kinda sad. :( I finished the second puzzle I was doing and it was only missing about 6 pieces :cool:.

When 1:30 rolled around we got sent upstairs and they called 22 people. They asked us all these questions for "screening us" like our feelings about the situation (it was alcohol related). After being asked a ton of questions by both the defense attorny (who was the defendants father) and the prossicution, the prossicution decided to let me go (probably because I was a young female like the defendant and she was afraid that would have bearing on my decision).

Sooo around 3 I'm free to go. I start walking to the bus stop (which I have no idea where in the heck it's at) and end up walking straight to a freeway...! I turned and ended up finding my way over by the mall so I went to the trolly station (only took me about 30 minutes to get there! :( ) For some reason the trolly was behind or something because there were a ton of people wating at it never came. Some drunk dude kept talking to me about how he got his jeep stolen, his job sacked, and his apartment taken away and now he's living with his 72 year old mother who's going blind and she's all grumpy... :confused: :confused: So as soon as the trolly came I ran on it! Once at the trolly station at my house I got off to see my bus leaving so I got stuck there for half an hour before finally being able to get home!!

Left at 8 AM... got off at 3 PM... Arrived home about 6!

Soooooooooo................. how was your day?

one_angel
07-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Jury Duty Sucks! I have been there. Too bad you had a sucky day.

ezmoney163
07-15-2004, 08:41 PM
LOL Poor you sorry it was a bad day, look at it this way tommrow will be a new day , you can make it better. :):):)

Angel Lips
07-16-2004, 04:52 AM
sorry you had such a bad day

BigLyd1
07-16-2004, 08:05 AM
Sorry you had such a bad day. At least you don't have to go back. :)

Kelsey1224
07-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a typical day at the Los Angeles Superior Court House! LOL!

lassss
07-16-2004, 09:26 AM
That doesn't sounds like a bad day at all..better then being stuck at work :D

JWWB2000
07-16-2004, 09:29 AM
What a pain!! So sorry you had such a sucky day!