PDA

View Full Version : I wish I would have looked....

buttrfli
07-15-2004, 02:05 PM
at the Oprah website to see what the show was about before I turned the TV on :(

-----

Atrocities Against Children (PG)
A special report: babies raped by men, 11-year-olds trained to kill other children, slaves in the suburbs. Lisa Ling investigates.

msshannon
07-15-2004, 02:09 PM
I know what you mean...I was on here and I heard them discussing it...I turned it off :(

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Atrocities Against Children (PG)
A special report: babies raped by men, 11-year-olds trained to kill other children, slaves in the suburbs. Lisa Ling investigates.

What ??????

Willow
07-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Wasn't that awful. :( That poor little girl but at least that lady adopted her and she will be taken care of now. I can't believe those men raped a five month old thinking they would be cured of aids. :mad:

MamaFairal
07-15-2004, 03:41 PM
What about the Fathers selling thier sons for sex......ugh!

DId ya happen to catch Oprha say" my god" as she signed off at the end....must have thought the cameras were off...lol

Willow
07-15-2004, 03:47 PM
I didn't hear that MamaFairal because I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I don't have Oxygen so I can't watch Oprah After the Show. I assume they will be talking more about it tonight.

buttrfli
07-15-2004, 04:06 PM
I didn't hear that MamaFairal because I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I don't have Oxygen so I can't watch Oprah After the Show. I assume they will be talking more about it tonight.

nope.. thank God for small favors - not that I would have watched it anyhow.

kelly12569
07-15-2004, 04:10 PM
I can't believe those men raped a five month old thinking they would be cured of aids. :mad:

WHAT ???!!! OMG Im so glad I missed it today. :mad: Turns my stomach just thinking about what Ive read here. :(

freebielover
07-15-2004, 04:15 PM
It was an absolutely awful show, it makes me sick to think that people are "selling" their sons and daughters to eat but Bush & Kerry are spending billions on a media campaign. The poor kids didn't have a choice about anything.

msshannon
07-15-2004, 04:25 PM
It was an absolutely awful show, it makes me sick to think that people are "selling" their sons and daughters to eat but Bush & Kerry are spending billions on a media campaign. The poor kids didn't have a choice about anything.

You know, you are absolutely right!!! I never thought about it in that light...it IS rather sickening :mad: :(

Tasha405
07-15-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm glad I didn't watch it today. I can't handle that stuff. I would have been crying all day.

1tiredmom
07-15-2004, 08:50 PM
i'm glad i didn't see it as well-i went and took a bath and put on court tv with the peterson case-i keep getting more awed by the moment at that-haven't gotten this glued since oj did his thing

DivineMsDi
07-16-2004, 04:38 AM
I am glad I didn't see this. It makes me physically ill. I have seen other shows about these people in Africa who think sex with a very young child cures AIDS. This is why we need to stop shooting rockets up into space (waste of $ in my opinion), and a billion other things we waste money on, and start educating people.

If we continue to send $$$ to these foreign places, we have to educate them about safe sex and birth control.

Children and animals cannot speak for themselves. We MUST do what we can to help those w/out a voice.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

schsa
07-16-2004, 06:16 AM
Divine, Some of these people still believe in the power of witch doctors and all sort of things that we in the Western world find inappropriate. They believe what those people say. Superstitions take years to go away. And changing the way people think also takes generations.

People abuse children every day. Whether we as a society approve or not. Children are sold into prostitution so that the rest of the family can eat. Girls are not as prized as boys. And too many boys cause problems as well.

People need the basics before they can consider anything else. They need food, clothing and shelter. If you can satisfy those requrements then you can start to educate them. People need to feel secure in their homes. If you have enough to eat, you have no reason to sell your children.

We cannot change the world but if this changes the life of one child, you have broken a pattern for a family.

Tracy'sMom
07-16-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm glad I didnt see it. It would have been to much to bear.