PDA

View Full Version : I just want my item!!!

girlwithsoul
07-15-2004, 07:34 AM
The facts:

Won a DVD on Ebay on the 22nd of June. Paid for it with Paypal THAT DAY! Haven't HEARD from the seller. Not a peep. It's been 24 days.

Any advice????

My transactions lately have been pretty smooth overall so.....HELP!!!

I did send her an email yesterday asking, for the last time, if we could resolve this and not a word. Why doesn't she even respond?

slkirk22
07-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Since you paid by Paypal make a complaint with them NOW! You only have up to 30 days to file a claim with them. You can always cancel the claim if the item comes through.

Kelsey1224
07-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Absolutely...you should be contacting PayPal immediately. Personally, I wouldn't have waited 24 days when I didn't hear from the seller...but that's just me.

Good luck!

buttrfli
07-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Ditto on the PayPal suggestions... do it NOW!

good luck :)

girlwithsoul
07-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Absolutely...you should be contacting PayPal immediately. Personally, I wouldn't have waited 24 days when I didn't hear from the seller...but that's just me.

Good luck!

Yeah....thanks. I waited 24 days because I was TRYING to be nice and easy going.....like I try to be in everyday life. I went ahead and filed a complaint and still haven't heard from her. At least, though, Paypal's looking into it. It's only $8.25 but hey....I could buy dinner out for that one night!

Anyway, thanks everyone.....I really wanted Bruce Almighty but I guess it wasn't to be. :rolleyes:

justme23
07-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah....thanks. I waited 24 days because I was TRYING to be nice and easy going.....like I try to be in everyday life. I went ahead and filed a complaint and still haven't heard from her. At least, though, Paypal's looking into it. It's only $8.25 but hey....I could buy dinner out for that one night!

Anyway, thanks everyone.....I really wanted Bruce Almighty but I guess it wasn't to be. :rolleyes:

Don't they have a Movie Trading Company in Houston? I know they were supposed to open one but I don't know if they ever did... they are now officially owned by the same company that owns Blockbuster so they aren't as cheap as they used to but they are no where close to BB prices... If you can find one, try there, we buy a lot of our used dvds through them up here in DFW for less than 10 bucks!

Found the addys for ya:

WESTHEIMER
8383 Westheimer Rd #114
Houston TX 77063
713-914-0301

UVALDE
13415 I-10 Freeway, East
Houston, TX 77015

CINCO RANCH
20053 I-10 Freeway
Katy, TX 77450

Willow
07-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Can you try and contact the seller by phone? I had to do that once.

TX_Cowgirl
07-16-2004, 08:11 AM
what one did you buy from
i did the pay it now for 40 dollars for a little house on the prarie season three
havent gotten it yet but the guy did email me saying he had sold 45 and mine had gotten nocked off the desk and that was the first of the week today is friday i figured i would have gotten it by now....emailed waiting on a reply from him...

girlwithsoul
07-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I had requested her info before and didn't get it from ebay so I tried again today and I just CALLED HER!!!! First, she lives in San Antonio which is only a 4 hour drive from her....come ON! Then, conveniently, she says her internet was down until yesterday but it was mailed yesterday and I should get it in a like 4 or 5 days because of the mail. LIE that she mailed it I think because I said well I'm in Houston and she said "Oh you are?" which makes me think, how could she have mailed it without knowing she's mailing to Houston. She says it should be here by the beginning of next week. We'll see.

Man, that phone call made me nervous though....I could never be a telemarketer cause I hate calling strangers.....which is funny because I'm an actress LOL

Thanks for your advice guys. What should I do if I still don't have it by Tuesday or so?

slkirk22
07-17-2004, 10:15 AM
No matter what she says you need to still file with Paypal. If it get resolved you can cancel it if not then you are covered. But keep hounding her sometimes if you tell them you will contact there ISP or the local police they will quickly resolve the issue.

Denise1972
07-17-2004, 10:47 AM
if they dont have any money in their paypal account, you arent covered. I just got thru trying to get my $5.50 from a person that disappeared from this board, and they said she didnt have any money in her account to cover the refund. I even tried sending snail mail to this person. I still havent got my item or a refund. Paypal closed the case.

slkirk22
07-17-2004, 11:21 AM
if they dont have any money in their paypal account, you arent covered. I just got thru trying to get my $5.50 from a person that disappeared from this board, and they said she didnt have any money in her account to cover the refund. I even tried sending snail mail to this person. I still havent got my item or a refund. Paypal closed the case.
You can contact their ISP beacause if they find out they are using their email to fraud people they will get involved.

girlwithsoul
07-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Well I got a refund of a measley 56 cents!!!!! Are you kidding me?!!?!!?!? I've filed a complaint with Ebay as well so maybe they can at least remove her as a seller.

I don't understand either. She told me on the phone that she'd give me a full refund and now this. Should I call her again and ask why I haven't gotten a refund? Should I tell her that my father is an attorney and it will cost me nothing to pursue a lawsuit? It's just $8.50 that I'm owed but STILL!!!!

Help :(

elsaleh01
07-26-2004, 12:50 PM
what part of san antonio is she at? Im also in san antonio. But i promise it wasnt me lol. I keep all my movies.

slkirk22
07-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Yes keep contacting her whe will eventually give in it doesnt matter the amount of money she should give it back!

msmom79
07-26-2004, 07:25 PM
im also having an ebay problem i paid through pay-pal and now the lady says i didnt she even gave me positive feedback.go figure,now she says if i dont pay within 7 days she is gonna give me a non paying remark.i called pay-pal and ebay.was told what to do. here's ebay # hope its ok to post it just in case anyone else has this kind of problem.1-408-376-7400. i was told to try to work this out with the seller,but if she wont answer her emails or phone calls how can i work it out? someone help us out here. thanks ann

Airbuswife
07-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Well I got a refund of a measley 56 cents!!!!! Are you kidding me?!!?!!?!? I've filed a complaint with Ebay as well so maybe they can at least remove her as a seller.

I don't understand either. She told me on the phone that she'd give me a full refund and now this. Should I call her again and ask why I haven't gotten a refund? Should I tell her that my father is an attorney and it will cost me nothing to pursue a lawsuit? It's just $8.50 that I'm owed but STILL!!!!

Help :(

"Yes keep contacting her she will eventually give in it doesnt matter the amount of money she should give it back"

ABSOLUTELY!!!! any amount of $ is precious to every one of us!! someone owes me over $5 worth of stuff, and it STILL irks me, that's my milk and bread for the week!!

Good luck dear, and persue as you should!! :D