PDA

View Full Version : Some people are unbelievable

Freebeemom
07-14-2004, 01:04 PM
You know what is so funny...society is so quick to judge and be judgemental...All I did was try to offer a RAOK of a perfume sample to someone who said they "LOVED" The perfume but could not afford it....so I told her that for $1 I would send 2 vials (Shipping is 3 stamps, so ACTUALLY, I WOULD BE PAYING FOR THE SHIPPING STILL)....anyhow, now she is posting that I am trying to SOLICIT people. I recieved some Ralph Lauren Blue samples and cannot use them b/c I am allergic...was just offering to send them... :confused:

It is just interesting that someone would be so quick to judge...I am upset! Not that kind of person.....

sigh...

katzenberg
07-14-2004, 01:08 PM
i wouldnt let people get to me she didnt want to pay any thing for it proably so just keep them until you can find some one else that wants them .and people are quick to judge i agree and they shouldnt .be they do and its a shame that this done . ;)

justme23
07-14-2004, 01:26 PM
It was rude what happened all around... Next time just don't offer it through PM, that way everyone sees the offer in the thread and will know that it's not a solicitation.

Freebeemom
07-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Yep, learned my lesson...ugh....unbelievable

Blackberry
07-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah, she took it too far. If she didn't want to pay postage for the perfume she should have just said "No Thanks". There was no need to make a big stink over an act of kindness. :rolleyes: I guess she just can't tell when someone is being nice to her....... :confused:

ezmoney163
07-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Geez!!! I agree, you were offering her the perfume, but just wanted your shipping. Most RAOK do ask for shipping but you get the item free. I am sorry for the rudeness to you. It was a nice gesture on your part.

Freebeemom
07-14-2004, 04:40 PM
:o Thanks for letting me vent. I was really taken by surprise!

Oh well, I am over this!

Thanks again guys!

schsa
07-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Well, heck, if she doesn't want them I've got a few bucks that I can send to be sure they get here safely. Some people are just too pushy.

latestdish
07-14-2004, 04:53 PM
That's what stops me from posting more RAOKs lately. I am very low income and simply cannot afford the shipping. I post a lot of stuff I have to give away on Craigslist and freecycle locally. Right now I have a whole bunch of little girls shoes Faith can no longer wear toddlers size 7 1/2-9. (My kid is big, I am telling you. Only 27 months old.) Anyone that can pick them up locally is welcome to have them. Have not posted on any local boards yet. I just cannot pay shipping. Ditto with some of her old summer outfits. (Someone want to hire me, so I can stop worrying about how to afford her stuff? I am taking the certifications tests for Work at Home agent now. 1 more day to finish up. Praying I pass!) That was really terrible of her. I also have 2 extra Ralph Lauren vials I can't use, that I won't offer for shipping, for similar reasons. That was really nice of you to offer to help her out. A sufficient I am really sorry but I can't afford shipping at this time should have been said, but I appreciate the thought. Ugh.