PDA

View Full Version : Anyone beanie baby literate?

buttrfli
07-14-2004, 01:01 PM
I have about 400 beanie babies in my front room (I "inherited" them) and I have no intentions on keeping them. I would like to find out what is worth what and sell them, but I have NO CLUE as to where to begin.

All I know about them is that the person these came from, has collected them since they came out and everytime I think I find a good webpage to get some info, I get confused on the "generation" lol

Anyone know of a webpage for someone who hasn't a clue?? :o

TIA!

elsaleh01
07-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Are they ty beanie babies? I also used to collec the ty beanie babies, then they got sold to disney or something. If you look up the prices, they are worth half or less than half of what you purchased them for. Very few are worth somthing. Thats just what i have found out. My email is aelsaleh@satx.rr.com if you wanna email me about it. Amanda

fatesfaery
07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
DD has boxes and boxes of beanie babies out in the garage. She would never display them because then they wouldn't be in mint condition.So we bought them and she stuck them in boxes.The only time she's ever considered giving any of them away is when my grandson was born. He was in NICU for three months and they encouraged family members to bring stuffed animals to keep in his bassinet.
She used to subscribe to a magazine that listed prices, but this was during the beanie baby craze and probably isn't published anymore.
She has a few that are retired that are worth $20-$50 and a few that I spent weeks searching for...paid at least $20 for and are now worth $4.
I'd suggest you go through their ear tags, write down their names, birthdates and seach ebay and the web to see what they're selling for.
http://www.allbeanies.com/ has a good selection and may give you an idea of what they're selling for.