PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms

ahippiechic
07-13-2004, 11:43 PM
It's storming pretty good here right now! That's one thing I miss from TN, is the storms. It's not raining much, but LOTS of thunder, wind and lightning! The lightning out here is awesome! :D

It struck a transformer on the next block and there was a huge ball of orange fire then blue flashes and now the other side of the street is dark. I've been out watching the storm.

KATinKY
07-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I wished we would get a good thunderstorm, as long as our electric doesnt go off. its been a long time since we had one.

Quaker_Parrots
07-14-2004, 02:37 AM
It's storming pretty good here right now! That's one thing I miss from TN,

My husband does too (keep in mind when they got really bad, he was the one wussing, and wanting to dive for cover in a storm shelter somewhere,lol)'

We live in Michigan now, and he is always laughing at what they call "severe thunderstorms" here. Says the ones there put the ones here to shame (the ones here don't last as long, and aren't as loud, or as exciting, in other words, he hasn't nearly wet himself over the ones here,lol)

Eyore
07-14-2004, 07:45 AM
I hated thunderstorms as a child in the south and I live in PA now and to this day I still hate them. Exspecially the bad ones. My husband likes watching them though.

Tasha405
07-14-2004, 07:57 AM
I don't mind a good thunder storm, as long as it doesn't have tornados coming along with it. lol

ahippiechic
07-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Well, the storm was cool, but the pool is FULL of stuff, lol! We had another one come thru later last night too and lost the power with that one.

I'm getting to be like the native Arizonans, and go out and play in it when finally does rain! :D

Angel Lips
07-14-2004, 08:07 AM
lol as a child i was scared too id camp out in front of my parents bedroom door or id sneak up to the attic and sleep in my sisters bed with her. Now I dont mind them so much, i enjoy watching them.

i read the weather just now and this it what it said:

Between now and noon...scattered showers and thunderstorms will spread across the region from west to east. Some of these storms contain heavy downpours and could produce up to an inch of rain in an hour. Some of the storms are also producing a lot of dangerous cloud to ground lightning. If a thunderstorm approaches...see shelter indoors.

mom2cvam
07-14-2004, 08:08 AM
I don't mind a good thunder storm, as long as it doesn't have tornados coming along with it. lol

I'm right with you there. I like thunderstorms as long as I don't have to round up the kids and run for the basement. lol

Lora_1994
07-14-2004, 08:13 AM
I love thunderstorms. Dont care for the tornado's that occasionaly come with 'em.
The only time I DO NOT like the thunderstorms is when I get hit while driving. My eyes SUCK the way it is, and with rain and lightning on top of it, makes it darned near impossible to drive in for me.

BigLyd1
07-14-2004, 09:42 AM
I wish we would get thunderstorms here. But we're lucky if we get them once a year.

schsa
07-14-2004, 10:14 AM
We have had alot of houses and building struck recently by the lightening. We get great thunderstorms this time of year because the water is cooler than the land and when the two come together it is lightening and thunder central. Of course one of my dogs hates it and the cat goes into hiding. But they are so powerful and dangerous that they are attractive.