PDA

View Full Version : I CANNOT BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE! Stolen debit card # saga

justinenycole26
07-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Here's my original post:
http://www.bigbigforums.com/showthread.php3?t=414223

I filed the fraud paperwork a week ago Saturday. I STILL have not received the provisional credit for the fraudulant charges. So I called the fraud dept. today to see what the problem is. They told me they have not received the claim yet! She said that normally a provisional credit is issued within 48 hours of them receiving the claim. So I called the branch back and conveniently the lady I talked to both times I went in there is not there today. SO the other lady said she would check into it and call me back. She called back a few minutes alter and wants me to bring the copy I have because they do not keep a copy there. WTF!!!!!!!! I can't get in there today at all. I will have to wait till tomorrow before I can do anything. I am more than annoyed now. It is not the bank's fault that it happened in the first place, but their handling of it is really starting to affect my life. I had to make payment arrangements on my car pmt, water, electric and cell phone because the fraudualnt charges ate up my whole paycheck, which is direct deposited. It takes 2 pay periods to stop my direct deposit, so I can't even get it stopped for this week! When I get paid Friday I have to pay all my prior bills and this week's bills too. Some of these places WILL NOT give me another extension. And my account is so overdrawn it is going to take most of my check.

I am getting married in 3 weeks. I have things I need to get done THIS WEEKEND.

Momof2totsand1teen
07-13-2004, 07:29 AM
Hope things get worked out quick! Sorry you have to deal with this stress when you are trying to finish up wedding details. Congrats on getting married:)

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-13-2004, 07:44 AM
I sure hope tomorrow will bring you good news.Hey maybe the original lady you spoke with will be there when you bring in your copy of the report.

Good luck and CONGRATS on your upcoming marraige :D

Willow
07-13-2004, 08:12 AM
If you can't get there today is there any way that you might be able to fax them a copy of the claim?

Congratulations on getting married. :)

llbriteyes
07-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Here's my original post:
http://www.bigbigforums.com/showthread.php3?t=414223

I filed the fraud paperwork a week ago Saturday. I STILL have not received the provisional credit for the fraudulant charges.

Boy do I know where you're coming from. And guess what... it doesn't really end there either. If you kept the same card/account, you'll need to close all your online accounts too.

I just went through this as well, so I know where you're coming from. My new account that my dh opened at his credit union messed me up too. I wasn't aware that I had to transfer both of my direct deposits into the the checking account by hand. I thought it was automatic and that sources were low in the checking, it was an automatic thing. Not so! AND I drove around all day Saturday TRYING to find some link to our account so I could deposit a check. I live WAY the heck north of Columbus, and it seems that is the only location I can do any sort of banking with. I wound up going to my tiny town's only bank so I could at least have access to my money. Ugh!

So anyway... sorry this happened to you, and I hope it can be straightened out soon.

Linda

LuvBigRip
07-13-2004, 10:30 AM
That is awful. I know Bank of America credits you on the next business day. The credit is temporary, until approved, but your money is back in there immediately. I had some fraudulant charges via the internet, and my money was back the next day, I recieved the paperwork in the mail, filled it out, and then there was an email notification in the area where I manage my online accounts telling me the credit was permanant and the fraud charges were approved. I really hope your bank gets this taken care of for you.

twinkiesmom
07-13-2004, 04:09 PM
man, whatta headache eh? On the bright side . . . . congrats on getting married, and also it may not come soon enough, but I'm sure u'll be getting some extra cash as a gift, although like u said, the bills from the prior week will hafta be paid. I wish u the best!

Tasha405
07-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Bless you heart! I'm so sorry you are going through all of this and I hope you get everything worked out soon. {{{Hugs}}}

Congrats on getting married! :D

justinenycole26
07-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Thank you for the replies everyone. I really hope this gets worked out soon. I want to be able to focus on my wedding instead of this. I am stressed to the max. I am having tension headaches.

But on the bright side, we were able to find a ring on ebay for super cheap. We are going to upgrade our rings when we are able and I will keep this one for my girls. A wonderful lady on one of the other boards I go to is giving me a dress. I am just paying for shipping and she is having it cleaned before she sends it. I could not have asked for a more caring person in my life right now. She does not know me from Adam and she has been nothing but great. After I explained to her about this bank thing, she said she would send the dress anyway and I could send her the money once I get my refunds. So I have some positive things to focus on.

And of course I will post oodles of pics after the wedding.