PDA

View Full Version : you can tell who's loved more in this house

mimi37
07-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Yesterday my husband got shampoo for the dogs that cost $7.49. Then he gets shampoo for us that's only 99 cents. :rolleyes: But we did get a "new" used Dodge Ram conversion van yesterday. Now we can go for long rides on Sundays again. We were afraid to go too far in our station wagon. The best part is it's all paid for, so no worrying about making payments. But our insurance did go up a bit.

sharinbo
07-13-2004, 07:17 AM
Congrats on the new van! Our dogs get the same treatment....lol

BrightEyes
07-13-2004, 08:30 AM
I have a 94 Dodge Ram conversion van, it is an awesome van and soo comfy, but wait til you get to the pump, LOL!! I put over 45.00 in mine to fill it. But it is so worth it! I hope you enjoy the new vehicle, and take those clean smelling dogs for a ride! :)

Shancopp
07-13-2004, 08:41 AM
We have a Chevy Express Conversion van....all decked out! TV/VCR/2 stereos/6 headphones/all leather/cooling and heating cup holders/mini blinds/dust buster/first aid kit....you name it. Great vehicle for trips....if you can afford to fill it up! Which I can't !! LOL!! $60 easy! and about 12 miles to the gallon! :eek: So, needless to say, it sits in the drive most of the time and is $350 a month! grrrr! I didn't want it, hubby did...I was shopping for a PT cruiser when he saw it and I knew I wasn't getting my PT!

mimi37
07-13-2004, 08:47 AM
My husband put $15 in it yesterday and we got a little less than half a tank. We thought they were going to put gas in it when we bought it. Every car dealership my husband ever worked at, they always filled the tank when someone bought a car. My husband asked the salesman when we went to pick it up if he had filled the tank. He said they don't do that there. It was almost on E. We thought we weren't going to make it to the next gas station. It is very nice though. The people that had it before us took very good care of it. My husband and I are feeling kind of guilty buying it though. The money came from money that my mother had in a credit union. She always told us she couldn't buy this or that because she had no money. Last December when we lost our Jeep, she gave us $1800 to buy our station wagon. She told us she couldn't buy a washer and dryer now because she gave us her money. We kept feeling guilty. We found out last week with the money in the credit union, plus 3 other accounts she had there was over $100,000. My sister, brother and I all feel guilty if we spend any of this money. Our mother could have had a better life than she did if she had spent some of that money on herself.

janelle
07-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Don't feel guilty Mimi. People of her age always thought that way. Wish some of us would too, lots of people wouldn't be in so much debt. Hubby and I had our house paid off before the seven years we lived there but then we decided to move cause of his job and now we have debt again. :eek: