PDA

View Full Version : A Letter From Jesus Prt 9

kaysee
07-12-2004, 08:42 AM
The full understanding of the factors that determine the actions of your fellow men and women will be another of your most important allies in achieving knowledge of the way your own mind functions and the measures you should take to control it and make maximum use of it... Your mind, your thoughts, are the magnificent instruments that makes it possible for you to re-create that which I have spoken to you about, but it will only be with that proper control that you will arrive at maximum potential...

Beloved friends, I tell you all this so that you will understand that even though you manage to have access to all the wisdom of the world, it will make no difference if you do not first come to the conviction that what truly makes a difference is the inner labor that you yourselves perform. You put too much effort in reading treasured books, in listening to inspired sermons and wise speeches, but all that is not remotely enough... You must delve deep into that immeasurable inner universe that I have spoken to you of, for it is only through proper reflection and introspection that you will be able to free yourself from that false dependency that you cultivate for the outward things of the world... What you should cultivate is the constancy of delving into the inward emptiness and filling it with the awareness of the true self that each of you is. When you do this, you will begin to obtain wisdom through your own life experiences, and it will be then that you truly reap the profit of those books, those sermons, and those speeches. My principal mission is to make you see that my greatest happiness will come when you no longer need to cling to me for consolation or direction, when you are able to pronounce the words I have pronounced and are able to achieve the vision that I have had... for yourselves... And that is why I speak to you once again.

I would have you know that the paradise that you yearn for is within you, waiting to be discovered. All the outward things of the world, from your own body to the most distant star, has been created only to make possible your revelation to yourself, so that you may achieve the certainty of your own divinity, and I would have you know also that all creation constantly conspires toward that end. All the events of your life, all those situations that you call coincidences, all those contacts that you have had with your fellow men and women since you were born, every tear spilled and every moment of laughter are an integral part of that grand and solemn conspiracy... Let all who have ears understand my words.

If you do understand them, you will realize that the suffering or misfortune that you may be experiencing today, the problems or tragedies that arise in your lives-some of those are the products of your own actions and others of the divine scheme of creation, and I would urge you to have the certainty that so it is, in one way or another, with all of you... Never feel singled out by life, for life neither privileges anyone nor is merciless to anyone. Remember that it is not possible to know with certainty what is happening in other persons’ lives or what other persons are experiencing, and I tell you all this so that you may grow and may achieve the inner peace that always accompanies that growth.

Beloved ones, you must also put aside all those pointless deliberations about whether life after death exists or not, and what it is like if it does. With the works that I performed I proved the veracity of my words and of the eternal alliance between the one true God and yourselves. I conquered death on several occasions in order to give witness of the supreme power of the universe, and today I tell you that what truly concerns you is whether you have life and what you do with it before you die... For then physical death will become that which it truly is, just a word. For with the certainty of your own immortality you will manage to dissipate the fear and mystery that has always accompanied death.

And the only way to become fully aware of that immortality is by entering fully into the present, for that present is already life eternal, and it is when you keep your mind alert and when you totally discard your past that you will perceive the present in all its fullness. I would have you understand that you should not allow the events of the past, no matter what they have been, to be a cause for suffering or distraction or anguish within you. It is on your present that you should concentrate; that is the key that will give you the proper perspective so that you may overcome all the obstacles that arise from day to day... And this is the key to that success that awaits you.

All the things that I have spoken to you about should help you to expand your vision. I have told you that there are no limits; the only limits that bind you are those you impose on yourselves through ignorance and your own weaknesses. You should always remember that, and it is through the formation of the personal religion that I proclaim to you today that you will be able to expand your own horizons. It will be you who have the supreme responsibility for guiding and directing yourselves, and supervising yourselves. I would have you understand that religions down through history have played a prominent role in helping to guide the paths of nations in a more spiritual direction, by disseminating and encouraging knowledge of the scriptures and other diverse mystical legacies of other masters. There have been and still are many good souls within those religions, whose dedication and praiseworthy labor have earned them the right to be called apostles of truth, but we know that some others have taken advantage of them, and are today still taking advantage of them, to achieve base personal objectives. There are Pharisees today as there were in the past; they are the wolves in sheep’s clothing that I spoke to you of in the gospels.

Beloved friends, to the degree you crystallize your personal religion you will be safe from the teeth of those wolves. No one will ever be able to manipulate you, and at the same time you yourselves will be an example to others, an achievement that you will attain through the faultlessness of your actions every day and every hour.

It is that faultlessness that will not allow you to go on issuing every sort of opinion on every sort of topic, as you have been doing up to now. Opinions are judgments that your minds constantly make; that is a practice that you must end. Devote more time to reflecting and studying, and stop judging and forming opinions. Concentrate once and for all on what is truly profitable and meritorious... Focus on the positive and you will put an end to frivolity forever.

You must also put an end to the sense of guilt and culpability, just as you must put an end to everything frivolous that arises in your minds. I would have you know that when you feel guilty you are hating yourselves... And hatred is the most negative thing that you can cultivate. Its force is destructive, and it diminishes the best of yourselves. Accept your responsibility when you sin, when you choose what is not right, but reflect honestly on the reason for that straying. That is the way to add firmness to your character. I would have you understand, too, that just as you should be the best, indeed only, supervisors of yourselves, so you should be forbearing with yourselves. That behavior is only fair, and it is a behavior that will make your inner harmony flower-that inner harmony that is the foundation and at the same time product of that personal religion that you must create through your own life experiences.

And cultivate charity; it is the virtue that will bring forth the sweetest fruits. Sharing, giving, is the dwelling place of those white doves that shall be your guide through that infinite inner universe that is the most authentic essence of yourselves. I would have you understand that it is through giving to your fellow men and women the things that you possess that you will become wealthier, for by fulfilling their needs you will be fulfilling your own and will ensure for yourselves more abundance, both materially and spiritually...

And perceive your oneness with creation; know that everything that happens in one way or another affects you, just as everything that you do affects creation. That is also the reason for the importance of always retaining the capacity for positive perception. If you are predisposed to the negative, everything will appear negative to you. That attitude is a negation of life and its wonders, and also limits and frustrates the very reason for your existence. I would have you understand that one of the greatest responsibilities that life has assigned to you is to constantly harmonize both with yourselves and with the creation that you are part of, and that responsibility cannot be avoided; it makes the difference between delighting in the pleasures that harmony provides to the person who cultivates it and suffering the consequences that follow upon negativism and disharmony... I would have you understand that life is not a constant battle, as many say it is. That perception is the direct result of not accepting the mission that has been assigned to you, which I have spoken to you of. It is true that sometimes you will have to struggle, but it does not have to be against life or against creation; the battles that must be fought should be fought to conquer yourselves, to beat back the opportunism your own minds sometimes impose on you as an alternative to your actions, so that you can easily and quickly obtain the material things you yearn for...