PDA

View Full Version : Letter From Jesus Prt 3

kaysee
07-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Long ago I commanded that you love one another, yet many of you still do not obey that commandment. It is to you, those who look at your neighbor with suspicion, resentment, and animosity, that I want to speak now... I know that you have a baggage filled with reasons for being the way that you are: You have been disillusioned, robbed, and victimized in countless ways. And with those reasons you justify yourselves when you do the same to your brothers and sisters... But when you act in that way you show your ignorance, you show how repressed within the depths of your hearts is that seed of love that you were born with… and that is both the sin and its own repayment... But it is through the commandment to love one’s neighbor that you shall wipe clean the sin and the unhappiness and bitterness that always accompanies it...

And I also told you not to strike back against the wrongdoer: if someone strikes you on your right cheek, you should offer him also the left. Turning the other cheek to the person who strikes you means much more than words are able to show... It is domination of your emotions, domination of your instincts; it is to be human in its maximum _expression; it is to disarm the aggressor without yourselves becoming aggressors; it is to grow through adversity by not allowing that aggressor or that adversity to conquer you and thereby strip you of the most noble aspect of your being. You must understand that. It is another step to take on that path chosen by you...

But that does not mean that you should stand with your arms crossed in the face of the base acts of some persons that you meet along your way. Remember my attitude when I met the moneychangers in the temple… I expelled them with all the severity that they deserved... You should know that from time to time you will have to use the authority required by the occasion and take right action, and in doing that, your conscience and your intelligence must be your guide.

You should also understand what I have just reminded you of: All of you were born with the seed of love planted in your hearts, and you should not allow your mind to repress it, to keep it from germinating. For that seed is your most precious inheritance, an inheritance that comes directly from the Supreme Creator. And if you care for it and cultivate it with passion and devotion it will help you open your consciousness wide enough to understand the miracle that is you yourselves, to unlock the secrets that lie hidden in your own heart...
You are the miracle of miracles... And when you understand this truth you will realize how ignorant are those who constantly pray for miracles so that they will be able to believe. I was asked for a miracle just yesterday, and today I am asked yet again, and the more these persons ask, the more blind they become...

The good works that I performed long ago were necessary so that the people of my time and of all times would believe; they guaranteed my place in history, guaranteed that my legacy would endure as part of history forever, to the profit of all generations and all peoples... Beloved friends, you are surrounded by miracles on every side; it is the very constancy of those miracles and your nearsightedness that cause you to perceive them as everyday, common things... Beloved, open your eyes and marvel at the creation that you are part of. Enjoy the divine banquet to which you have been invited.

And that is one of the ways to honor the Father: Work every day to open your eyes ever wider, to become more and more aware of your own existence and appreciate it more and more. I came to give witness to His infinite love and to show you the way to become worthy of that love, so that you might give it to Him and your fellow men and women in return, for their happiness and your own...

Recently you have had the opportunity to witness a modern version of the Calvary walked by me. I know that many of you have been profoundly moved by the visions of the flagellation inflicted on me and the blood running down my body. . . you have felt my pain, and experienced shame and indignation at the infamy to which I was subjected. Many of you have wept and been grieved by the horror of what you saw. Taking the story that up to now you have known only through words and making it graphic has allowed you to share that Calvary with me, and the greatest benefit you can draw from that experience is the conviction that there is no pain that does not bring renewal… My martyrdom led to my resurrection.

And with my martyrdom and resurrection, the Father increased your potential, and sealed it forever…. Today I tell you that if the physical pain was a heavy burden to me, much more burdensome is that pain caused by the vileness that ignorance engendered, and still engenders, in many men and women. . . . Yet with my pain there also came my joy, and the piety and compassion shown to me by so many souls of yesterday and today has been and still is my greatest joy