PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see 60 minutes last night with Kerry?

janelle
07-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Man that was an eye opener. I think Leslie Stall really asked the hard questions and told it like she saw the two Johns. John Kerry and John Edwards. Good for her.

Edwards seemed to one up Kerry several times. Answering questions for him or adding to what Kerry had to say. Not good for second man on the totum pole. That is a no no. Edwards and his wife seemed more relaxed and in control than Kerry and his wife. People will want Edwards to be running for president rather than Kerry. Edwards has more charisma and energy than Kerry. You can say all you want about Bush and Cheney but Bush is clearly the top dog there. Not sure who is the leader for the dems. Kerry may already be sorry he chose Edwards.

Stall also asked Kerry what he thought of our country going to war. He wouldn't say, just like a politician. All he said is he did not agree with how Bush went to war. Pretty wishy washy but then anything could happen before the election and if our country is attacked again Kerry would have egg on his face if he was totally against the war. Always CYA when running for office and especially for president. :D

Crick
07-12-2004, 07:37 AM
I beg to differ once again...From the 9/11 Commission and the Senate investigation it is Cheney who does all the talking and answering for Bush. Should be Cheney/Rice in office. The two of them are constantly trying to correct Bush's lies and misstatements. Nobody has ever doubted than Edwards was much more appealing than Kerry. :) There is even talk of Bush dumping Cheney and picking a new VP running mate coming from the Republican ranks. Thank you for allowing yet another opening for me to express my opinions. ;)

Willow
07-12-2004, 07:43 AM
I would love to see her interview Bush and Cheney but then again I've heard enough lies from that particular party.

cleaningla
07-12-2004, 08:32 AM
I saw it, this was my favorite part.

Ron Reagan Jr. was recently very critical of President Bush invoking religion when it comes to policy – particularly in the war in Iraq. What do the candidates think of this?

"Abraham Lincoln wisely avoided trying to invoke God on the side of the North or assist the South, but prayed that he was on God's side. I think that that's the lesson that John and I would bring to this. We are both people of deep faith," says Kerry.

"I think that and I respect the president's faith. I don't question it. None of us do. But I think it's important for us to be really mindful of not stepping over that precious line that the founding fathers drew. And I believe that on a number of occasions this president has stepped over that line," says Kerry.

Edwards adds: "It is not the job of the president of the United States to decide what the religion of America is or what the religion of the world should be."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/07/60minutes/main627965.shtml

Willow
07-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Edwards adds: "It is not the job of the president of the United States to decide what the religion of America is or what the religion of the world should be."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/07/60minutes/main627965.shtml

I agree with that statement. Bush has even gone as far as to tell one particular group of people that their religion doesn't exist. Who does he think he is? :mad:

nanajoanie
07-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Everyone better pay attention to John Edwards. He was a NC lawyer. Ran for the Senate seat and won. He missed most of the meetings and started campaigning for govenor a few months after becoming senator. When he could see he wasn't going to be govenor, he set his sites on the presidency or the vice. He just wants the limelight and be pretty face. Just keeps your ears open :eek: I wouldn't trust him :eek:

bears984
07-12-2004, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to say that I am not sure that there is a person out that that I trust to run this country they are mostly out for one thing and that is the money that they are getting. Just my opition. Please don't stone me for it.

janelle
07-12-2004, 10:07 AM
There is a time and a place for the VIP to speak for the president. You don't speak for him or finish his thoughts when the guy running for president is in the same room.

As far as religion, I don't admire Kerry for going to church on Sunday and then the next day making a speech that contradicts his religion's beliefs.

Willow
07-12-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't think any president should try to run the country based on their religious beliefs. Just my opinion but religion should be kept out of it. There are so many religions out there and it's not fair to base things on one person's religious beliefs.

jen-ron
07-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Ok, so kinda off the topic but did ya'll hear what Kerry said the other day? I cannot quote it since I heard it on the radio this mornin on the way to work. Anyway, they said he was soundin really good on why hes a better canidate for Presidencey, goin on how him and Edwards really understand how difficult it is for the average American, and a few other things and then said, besides our hair looks better! LMBO Thats just too funny to be brought into a campaing! Oh, and I also heard either on the radio or in the paper that Edwards has publicly announced that though hes glad that Kerry is happy to have him on board, that Kerry needs to stop grabbin his behind! LOL Nope cant back that up either but ya'll, its funny! LOL

Crick
07-13-2004, 07:09 AM
There is a time and a place for the VIP to speak for the president. You don't speak for him or finish his thoughts when the guy running for president is in the same room.

As far as religion, I don't admire Kerry for going to church on Sunday and then the next day making a speech that contradicts his religion's beliefs.

So you are saying that when Bush insisted that he wouldn't testify before the 9/11 commission without Cheney then he was doing exactly what you are against? Also that they both refused to testify under oath when all the other witnesses had to. Could it be because they were not going to/did not tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Again, the Constitution firmly states seperation of Church and State. Which is one of the reasons the colonists fought for independance from England.

kvmj
07-13-2004, 08:04 AM

I assume that this reference is in regards to Kerry's statement regarding abortion. His stance is along this line:

He believes that life begins at conception. Abortion would be wrong for him. There is no turning back the clock. He also said that abortion should be kept safe, legal and rare. He has no right to impose his beliefs on people of different faith.

Some conservatives claim that these statements are ambiguous. They are not.

For your edification, I shall offer an analogy. I personally do not believe that ordinary citizens should own handguns. I would not have one in my home. However, written into the bill of rights, is the right to bear arms. It is the law and I do not believe that it should be changed.