PDA

View Full Version : I am sooo scared! :(

mariem
07-11-2004, 05:07 PM
I am going to the health dept, (hopefully monday) after finding a spot/lump on my breast. Breast cancer runs in my family, and strikes at an early age.(you may have seen posts here where i was selling things on behalf of my aunt who has it). Anyhow, I am so scared, I'm only 22, I have no insurance...nothing. This has been the worst weekend of my life so far. Spent the last couple days crying and checking/hoping/praying that it has disappeared. Please keep me in your prayers...i could really use them right now.

Angel Lips
07-11-2004, 05:15 PM
I am sooo sorry, i am sending you good vibes and prayers. I know how it is to not have insurance im 21 and i have to go to a certain place for my birth control and my yearly exam (where they check for lumps) im always soo scared and im self concious about something like that. best of luck and hope its not what you think it is. Please keep us informed and let us know how things go for you. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

KATinKY
07-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to wish you the best, and to let you know that the Health Dept. Will also help with any medical expenses, they do around here anyways. Cancer runs in my family also and a year ago, my sister found a lump on her breast, and thank god, it wasnt cancerous. Keeping you in our prayers and please keep us updated.

kimp67
07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) ))

bell_peaches
07-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Good luck will be saying prayers. it could be just a cyst. I know I get them also. I also know it is scary. My mom died of breast cancer because she wouldn't go have a lump looked at. You atleast are checking and going to a doctor. prayers and good vibes (((((HUGS)))))

ang in NC
07-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Just prayed!!!

jcw
07-11-2004, 10:02 PM
praying for you

fatesfaery
07-11-2004, 10:44 PM
{{{fiyerflyz}}} My thoughts are with you. I had a lump removed when I was 21. Mine was a benign tumor and I've never had another one in the 20 years since, but I remember how afraid I was at the time(breast cancer also runs in my family).

UROCgirl
07-11-2004, 11:36 PM
I just went through the same scare. I was so worried. I found this site and it helped me feel better. I also have no insurance and went to the clinic. Thank goodness it was not cancer. I was SO relieved.

http://www.sjbnet.com/BreastProblems.htm

Breast Lumps:

Most breast lumps are not cancer!

A lump that can be felt can be:

Not to minimalize anything, like I said I just found a lump two months ago and started freaking out right away. All I could think of was CANCER and I kept thinking "I don't want to die, what would my babies do with out me? I want to see them grow up!" After reading on this website I was able to chill out and relax a little more knowing it could be other things. I just wanted to share because it did help me. I sure hope you are okay. I will send prayers your way. ((((((((((fiyerflyz))))))))))

http://www.healthscout.com/template.asp?page=ency&ap=43&encyid=408

Denise1972
07-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Breast cancer runs in my family too. My paternal Grandma died in her early 50's of breast cancer. A couple of her sisters also died of breast cancer. I was just reading, that it doesnt matter which side of the family the history is on, the risk is the same. I was always told that you only had a chance if it was on your maternal side of the family. I am only 31, but I always do a self exam often.

Angelseyes28
07-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Breast lumps SUCK!!!! I had a biopsy a couple years ago on two lumps, now I have another lump that has come up on the opposite side. In my next life I'm gonna be a man!
Good luck and try to think positive.:)

DivineMsDi
07-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Good Luck....

Blondiex46
07-12-2004, 07:43 AM
Good Luck and let us know, don't worry about insurance someone will figure it out.

mariem
07-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Well, health dept called today and changed my apt till the tuesday the 20th! I'll probably go crazy before then. :(

Angel Lips
07-12-2004, 11:03 AM
that stinks, i hate waiting..i hope everything goes well on the 20th.

mariem
07-20-2004, 12:11 PM
well i went to the health dept today. Dr. told me that she thinks it is nothing serious, but to watch it for changes....that isn't very reassuring though! Makes me wonder if i would have gotten a more definite answer had i not gone to a regular dr rather than the health dept. :(