PDA

View Full Version : My Son enlisted in the Army today

DBackFan
07-10-2004, 09:36 PM
:( I really am not so upset with him going into the military but I was hoping for the Navy, at least they don't see so much action. I'm sure you will start seeing worried Mom posts from me soon. :(

latestdish
07-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Prayers for your son's safety, and your peace of mind. Thank him, please, from me for his service to this country in advance. -Joy

MamaFairal
07-10-2004, 09:44 PM
{{prayers to keep your son safe}}

BTW: He has tons of penpals and support here :)
Give us the word and he'll be recieving a medal for being the soldier recieving the most mail...lol

MsLynn
07-11-2004, 12:39 AM
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son

schsa
07-11-2004, 12:40 PM
What does he want to do? A friends son joined the Navy some time ago and decided to be a chef. Several years later he will be cooking at Camp David. Rather safe and the prestige is overwhelming. :)

Angel Lips
07-11-2004, 01:21 PM
sending prayers to your son to stay safe

sahmsfreeb
07-11-2004, 02:37 PM
please shake your sons hand for me. he has done something not too many people can do or have the courage to do. me included.

thank you for letting your son join. he will be in my prayers.

bell_peaches
07-11-2004, 06:56 PM
prayers for his safety and your peace of mind

kelly12569
07-11-2004, 09:25 PM
(((((DBackFan))))) thinking of you and praying your son stays somewhere safe. Did he just sign up? Have they said anything about his boot camp or anything yet? Does he have a wait? Here's hoping it will be a while before he goes anywhere.

JWWB2000
07-12-2004, 05:31 AM
:( I really am not so upset with him going into the military but I was hoping for the Navy, at least they don't see so much action. I'm sure you will start seeing worried Mom posts from me soon. :(

From experience of being in the Navy.......You do see a lot of action if you are on board a carrier and working on the flight deck. That is just as crazy, if not more, as being a ground pounder. You are always having to keep an eye out to see where all the birds (airplanes) are and where they are going. You also have to be very careful and not get blown down by the exhaust of any of them. Did I forget to mention that you also have to worry about the props on the E-2's, C-2's, ect. It is not fun to be up there at night because you cannot see anything and the yellow shirts will turn a bird on you so quick that you really have to have your head on a swivel to avoid any type of mishap to yourself.

Hope your son stays safe and hopefully he picked an avaition rate with the Army. They stay in safer places, most of the time.

hotwire
07-12-2004, 06:05 AM
God Bless Him!
and a big "THANK-YOU" for all they do! May they all come home soon.

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-12-2004, 06:12 AM
When does he leave for boot camp/basic training?