PDA

View Full Version : We were in a accident yesterday

mrssnoop1
07-10-2004, 09:23 PM
We were on our way to work and a Sara Lee bread truck pulled out of Sonics. My dh tried to avoid it but could not. He said he put it in reverse and tried to back up, but I don't think that is true. He didn't move backwards untill we had already hit. At that time it was the worse thing he could have done cause we were caught on him and he pulled things off our car when he did. No one was hurt thank goodness except for my blood pressure and a sore neck today. The damage to his truck was none. To our car was almost $1900.00. Because of the year of the car (93) they may want to total it out. I hope not, we can't afford car payments right now. The retail value, according to our bank is $2500.00 so maybe they will fix it. I don't know what we can and can't make his insurance company do, so we will just wait and see. Ideas welcomed!!!!

Just got a call from the insurance company. They haven't insured the company since 1-1-2003. Hope they have insurance!!!

jcw
07-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Omg sure glad no one was hurt.

MsLynn
07-11-2004, 12:38 AM
glad everyone is ok, and hope everything works out with you car. i would die if anything happened to my van, i'd be totally screwed. so keep up updated.

cpbaby
07-11-2004, 05:50 AM
I have conniptions everytime someone acts like they are going to pull out in front of me. My Dh says "Let them hit it, it will be totalled" but I couldnt get as good of a car for what this one is worth, so I prefer not to, thank you very much!

Im very glad you werent hurt very much. Sore is bad enough, but it could have been so much worse. Get with your insurance company and tell them you want it fixed, maybe they can advise you on how to make that happen.

{{{{{huggles}}}}}

suprtruckr
07-11-2004, 06:26 AM
were any citations issued? and because this guy was pulling out from a parking lot he should be considered totally at fault, and his insurance SHOULD handle it 100%.

mrssnoop1
07-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Yes the guy was sited for not yielding (sp?) before pulling onto a highway. We did get in touch with our insurance. They said it could go either way. It's so close to the value of our car. They faxed the info to his company's insurance and we just have to wait to see what they say. Our insurance said it would be cheaper for them to fix our car. Thanks to all for your concern. Sometimes it helps just to talk.

VALENA-)45
07-11-2004, 10:41 AM
i am glad no one was hurt and things are moving along for you and yours. good luck.

kvmj
07-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Call your insurance company. They can tell you what to expect.

schsa
07-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Be sure that they know about any work that was done on the car recently. If they decide to total the car, the work that was done will increase the amount that you get. And don't buy a new car. Just take what you get an invest in a good older car.

Angel Lips
07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Im so glad no one was hurt. Sending you my prayers

bell_peaches
07-11-2004, 06:55 PM
the most important thing is nobody was seriously hurt. Hugs and Prayers. Hope your neck feels better.