PDA

View Full Version : LOL!! I feel so stupid!

Tasha405
07-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Let me give you a little background info...

The house we live in is old. It used to be a company house and it didn't have any type of a/c when we moved in it. It also doesn't have any light fixtures in any of the bedrooms. The bedrooms do have light switches though, they work the plug-in thats along that same wall. So you can plug in a lamp and use the switch to turn it off and on. But that also turns off everything else that may be plugged into that outlet too.

We put an a/c in but the only room we could put it in was our bedroom. (can't use the windows in the living room or kitchen because of the way they are made and we didn't want to cold air blowing on our kids in their bedrooms). Because the a/c is in our room, we have to have a few fans sitting around to blow the cooler air through the house....

Well my 3 yr old came into the living room this morning after he woke up and said "Mom, your fan quit". Ok, I'm stressing because it was already getting hot in the living room and kitchen. Plus we've had problems with the electrical work since we've lived here and the man we rent from never done a thing about it. So, I go out and check the breaker box and nothing is different but I go ahead and reset all of them just in case. Nothing worked. The fan still isn't working (and neither is the tv, the 3 yr olds nintendo or anything else). I went all day long without a fan blowing the cold air through the house. I'm not a fan of the heat and trying to cook and clean it just makes me ill. I try to figure out another place to plug everything in, but I can't because of the way everything is set up here. So by the time DH got home I was burning up.

DH comes home and I start telling him what is going on and he goes to check everything out while I finish cooking. Ok, he wasn't in the bedroom for one full minute and comes back into the kitchen and says "everything is fine now" and he has a huge smile on his face. I'm thinking "whatever" and just look at him all confused and finally I ask what was wrong and he says.....

The light switch was turned off.

I felt so stupid!! LMBO!! :o :o :o I guess my 3 yr old turned the light switch off so the fan would go off because he got cold when he went in there. LOL

How stupid am I? (ok, don't answer that :p ) LOL!! :o

Freebeemom
07-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Ugh! That is too funny! (Only because I have done the same thing at one time or another!!!)

Thanks for sharing some thing that EVERYONE does at one time or another!

Hope things cool off!!! :)

kriskay
07-10-2004, 04:14 PM
That sounds exactly like something I would do. Don't stress it. Hey, you gave your husband a good laugh!!!!!!

Angel Lips
07-10-2004, 04:17 PM
lol omg that totally sounds like something i would do...lol

fatesfaery
07-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Don't feel stupid. I can't tell you how many time I've plugged the vacuum up in the living room and stood there dumbfounded when it won't come on......we have a plug with a switch too.

cpbaby
07-10-2004, 09:18 PM
We had to have an electrician come out once because the washer wasnt working. It was on the switch IN THE LIVING ROOM! ACROSS THE HOUSE!

Apparently when the previous owners had the fuse box removed and the breaker box put in, the electrician who did the job yanked the fuse box out then when he put the breaker box in, just grabbed wires with no rhyme or reason to how they went. My bathroom is on the kitchen breaker, the washer is on ONE of the living rooms breakers, and the garage is on the OTHER living room breaker.

moe265
07-10-2004, 10:49 PM
LOL Sounds like my apartment. The refrigerator and all of the living room are on one breaker. We had a storm go through last month and we had electrical problems. I had to run an extension cord about 5 feet to the other side of the sink so my frig would work, it was crazy!!!!!!

MsLynn
07-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Well if it makes you feel better, yesterday i felt on my hip for my cell phone, and it wasn't in the clip, so i started freakin out, lmao, I WAS TALKING ON IT. LOL, had it had my ear the old time??

FEEL BETTER????

Angelseyes28
07-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Well if it makes you feel better, yesterday i felt on my hip for my cell phone, and it wasn't in the clip, so i started freakin out, lmao, I WAS TALKING ON IT. LOL, had it had my ear the old time??

FEEL BETTER????
ROTF!!! Tasha I think MsLynn has you beat! Thanks for the laugh guys:D

llbriteyes
07-11-2004, 07:06 AM
How stupid am I? (ok, don't answer that :p ) LOL!! :o

You aren't stupid at all. We all have brain farts every now and again. :eek:

On another note, since you rent the house, and the electric isn't up to par, you need to contact the landlord. Its his responsibility to keep those things up to date.

Linda

suprtruckr
07-11-2004, 07:38 AM
ROTF!!! Tasha I think MsLynn has you beat! Thanks for the laugh guys:D
LOL geeeez i'm glad my lasix hasn't had time to take effect ;)

Tasha405
07-11-2004, 07:07 PM
LMBO @ MsLynn!! :D I do stuff like this (and that) all the time. I think my memory is getting bad or something. LOL

We have told the landlord about the electrical problems here and he always promises to have someone come out to check it but of course it never happens. :rolleyes: :mad:

twinkiesmom
07-11-2004, 09:22 PM
lol. I do think MsLynn had the larger brain fart at the time. lol She does have u beat. Thank you everyone so much for the laughs! Sounds to me like we all do the same thing as u Tasha! So many posts in this thread sounds like something I'd do too!

1tiredmom
07-12-2004, 10:48 AM
i love yall i was really getting worried about myself now i know i'm not alone!--
one day i got into the van to run some errands-got in radio said it was 10 minutes after 11am -every time i looked at the clock it said the same thing-when hubby got home i told him the clock in the van wasn't working-he went outside and came back in to inform me i had pressed the button that tells you what station you're listening to not the time button!

LuvBigRip
07-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh Lord, if I told you how many times I have searched and searched the house for my glasses only to have my 5 year old look at me like I am an idiot and point to them on my head. Or walking around yelling where are my key's/purse/cell phone??? Only to be holding them in my hand, this shamelessly pointed out again by the same 5 year old. Hey, I am just doing my duty in making him feel smart. (and me feel like an idiot) :rolleyes:

Tasha405
07-12-2004, 03:52 PM
LMBO!! Yall have made me feel so much better because now I know I'm not alone!! :D Now whenever hubby makes fun of me for doing these silly things I can say.. Well MsLynn, 1tiredmom, HVanWinkle (and so on) does it too!! LOL! :p ;) :D

dcut4
07-12-2004, 04:03 PM
ok I think I have Mslynn beat...the other day I was sitting at the computer and I asked my son where my one year old was..last I seen her a few min before she was standing next to me. He came back from the other room and said he couldn't find her anywhere, I started to panic and was getting up when I realized she had been asleep in MY ARMS the whole time!

suprtruckr
07-12-2004, 04:12 PM
ok I think I have Mslynn beat...the other day I was sitting at the computer and I asked my son where my one year old was..last I seen her a few min before she was standing next to me. He came back from the other room and said he couldn't find her anywhere, I started to panic and was getting up when I realized she had been asleep in MY ARMS the whole time!
LOL OMG now i gotta clean pepsi off the monitor, LOL that was priceless :D