PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Flo ruins everything.....!!!

DivineMsDi
07-10-2004, 01:22 PM
I hate Aunt Flo--she shows up the WORST times. Today we went to the amusement park and it was just a drag having "her" along! I can't wait for her to pack up and leave...I am going to the doctor and find out what I can do this week. I am SO FED up with it...

My DH has no clue what a pain in the butt it is to get older as a woman. I'm not even 40!!!! This stinks...

I'd even go on b/c to avoid AUNTIE FLO's long term visits!

Thanks for letting me vent.... :mad:

VALENA-)45
07-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Oh MSDI~ you know that aunt flo only comes to visit once a month and only for a few days, don't get mad at her. Isn't she a wench, she is always spoiling the fun. lol.

Willow
07-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Well after having mine for six months straight I think I can relate. lol I have the Mirena so if you're looking for a type of birth control to shorten your cycle I don't suggest you get Mirena. lol It is good for 5 years and you don't have to do anything once you've been fitted with it which is great but getting through those first few months is a nightmare. My gyn did say that most likely the cycles will stop all together so that was good to hear.

DivineMsDi
07-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Patchouli--How old are you? (30s/40s?) If I had Aunt Flo for 6 months I would go insane.

I may look into the patch to regulate things....I really wanted to do it naturally, though :(

kriskay
07-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I went on Effexor in September for my anxiety and depression and Aunt Flo hasn't visited me since. And I must say I don't miss her. Though, I have put on weight since then too, that I really don't like!!!!!!!!

Denise1972
07-10-2004, 04:23 PM
I am on the b/c Shot depo provera, and I havent seen her in almost 2 years. heheh I dont miss her a bit!

Willow
07-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Patchouli--How old are you? (30s/40s?) If I had Aunt Flo for 6 months I would go insane.

I may look into the patch to regulate things....I really wanted to do it naturally, though :(

I'm 35. I had expected to have it for at least three months because that's the average amount of time with Mirena but I guess some people can have it for up to six months and unfortunately I was one of those lucky ones. lol

Angel Lips
07-10-2004, 04:28 PM
if only men could get aunt flo instead of us...how nice would that be

Denise1972
07-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh how I agree... Than maybe they would see what it's like..

I'm on BC pills and I only get aunt flow once a month and it's only for 2 days and it's like nothing.. I love it..I would never go on any of those shot's or anything I see how those things messed up my friends and I would never I will stick to my pills..

What kinda things got messed up? I am kinda worried about that statement hehe.

Willow
07-10-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't know if you're concerned about gaining weight or not but I've heard that the shots cause weight gain. When my gyn suggested the Mirena I was actually going in for a consulation for a tubal ligation but because they are still trying to rule out whether or not I have PCOS she suggested the Mirena because even if I had the tubal ligation I would still need treatment for the PCOS. I guess the Mirena releases a certain chemical that my body needs and isn't producing because of the PCOS. Since I'm trying to lose weight she didn't want me to have the shots or Norplant because they have a much higher amount of the chemicals that cause the weight gain. I'm terrible about remembering to take pills so I didn't want to go on the pill. The Mirena is good for five years and I don't have to remember to change patches or take pills. The only thing that I didn't like was having a cycle for six months straight. lol

Denise1972
07-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh wow! that is scary :( I havent had the shot since the beginning of the year, I missed my last 2 shots. I cant get another one til I get a pap. I cant get in till sept. I may go to the heath dept to see if I can get it earlier.

Well my one GF didn't get aunt flow for a year on the shot and when she did finally get it she was in the hopsital with pain and hemerging (SP?) and not to be gross but the blood was like a black color.. it's just all my GF's who had the shot and such had nothing but problems and my luck that would be me lol.. So I don't want to go on anything but the pill. .

MamaFairal
07-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Not sure if this helps but:

I had my tubes tied 16 yrs ago and Aunt Flo's stays got shorter( 2-3 days) but the 2 day is heavy as heck...lol

cSoReNSoN
07-10-2004, 08:17 PM
I went on Effexor in September for my anxiety and depression and Aunt Flo hasn't visited me since. And I must say I don't miss her. Though, I have put on weight since then too, that I really don't like!!!!!!!!

Yes, my mom went on Effexor in December 2002 to help with her hot flashes (she's 54 now) after it was recommended she no longer receive hormone replacement therapy due to its risks. Her starting weight 106lbs, by March 2003 113lbs, now she's at 135lbs, so she asked to get off it. haha But she's 5'6 and been hovering around 106lbs for years, so the weight doesn't get bad, it's just she's had to buy new clothes and such. I dunno how aunt flo would have been affected since she hasn't sen her for a few years. haha Now she will ahve to figure out how to handle the hot flashes again.

MsLynn
07-10-2004, 10:56 PM
I am on the b/c Shot depo provera, and I havent seen her in almost 2 years. heheh I dont miss her a bit!

that gave it to me for almost 6 months straight, i'd have a few days a month withhout it. grrrr. but then i found out i can't have any of those hormones... so i'm basically stuck, till she decides to go away. lol

DivineMsDi
07-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Well, as far as gaining weight, I don't want to be on ANYTHING that does that. I worked my bum off to lose 20-30 lbs and exercise and watch what I eat very closely now. I want to lose more weight, not gain it!!!

I won't get any shots. I have no problem with what I usually do for b/c. I want the hormones to help me w/aunt flo. She has come and gone too many times since June. And stays too darn long.

I used to be like a clock and get my "friend flo" for about 5-7 days on the same day of the month. It is nutty for the last 4 years, and only gotten worse since last year. The thing I hate is the gyno makes you go through test after test (money making scheme) even if you JUST had these tests. I recently paid off my doctor's bills(lab fees) and now I guarentee I will be back with more sonograms, more blood tests, whatever.... :mad:

schsa
07-11-2004, 12:28 PM
HRT is great. I have never felt better. No one should have to suffer through Aunt Flo when there are so many things that you can do to help. Talk to your doctor. I am in perimenopause and before I started HRT I would have one day a month that I would throw up, have horrible cramps, back aches, headaches, and bloating. Nothing worked.

I started on HRT and now every day is wonderful.

twinkiesmom
07-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Not sure if this helps but:

I had my tubes tied 16 yrs ago and Aunt Flo's stays got shorter( 2-3 days) but the 2 day is heavy as heck...lol

Got my tubes tied 7yrs ago and Flo's never left any earlier than the 5days. Only difference I've noticed is she isn't sucha pain. lol Hardly any cramps.