PDA

View Full Version : Some "mothers" drive me crazy!! (LONG)

Elijah'sMommy
07-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Sorry, but I gotta vent about this.

Thanks for reading and letting me vent. Next court date is near the end of July, I'll let you know how it goes.

justinenycole26
07-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Thank Goodness the kids have your fiancee' and you to take care of them. unfortunately, most kids are not as lucky.

I certainly hope the other father gets his baby away from her. If I were him, I would take the baby and run. Can't charge him with kidnapping if his name is on the birth cert.

Jolie Rouge
07-09-2004, 11:19 PM
{{ Elijah'sMommy }}

Denise1972
07-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Oh my god that is so crazy! They should put her on mandatory birth control. I dont know if they have the norplant, but when I was younger, I knew this girl that HAD to have the norplant implanted to keep her baby. She was like 15 then. I only knew her 5 mins, and she left her baby with me while she went inside and did drugs. I was SO mad that this baby had to live like this. I went and knocked on that door and told her to get that baby INSIDE and keep the misquitos away from her. The poor thing. I was like 17 at the time. If it was now, I would have called the cops on her. I cant for the life figure out why people do this to these babies.

MamaFairal
07-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Trust me when i say its not her doing but rather the drugs.

As an ex-addict i can tell you she has no choice in choosing when it comes to drugs.You become a slave to them........i know from experience!

Good luck

jedmatters
07-10-2004, 05:58 AM
I am very surprised they did not enforce some kindof support on her. Most states have a minimum child support law, and can require the non-custodial parent to get a job within so long (usually 90 days), and they then up the support, but it may be a lost cause with this one. But, at least the children are safe with you.

Remember one thing, if she does show up:
Your financee is to do what is in the BEST INTEREST of the children. That means, call the cops on her if you have any doubts she is high, drunk or even filthy. You have to keep the children safe, and she can not risk the safety of them.
Good luck, and give the children extra hugs,they need it just to know they are safe, secure and loved.

Elijah'sMommy
07-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Thanks all for the encouragement. The twins are so young, we're pretty sure they'll be all right. The older boy however has no idea his mom is so screwed up. We will not tell him. It's hard to explain though why he cant go to his moms house. We're starting to see the effects of all this on him....

You all are so kind.

1tiredmom
07-10-2004, 12:50 PM
i may get flamed so bad for this that hopefully someone will throw water & try to put me out-but it times & people like her should at be made to have their tubes tied or whatever its called and when they have truly straightened up their act could have it reversed --this is one of the many reasons children are not progressing in school, and life-heck they are not even given a chance

schsa
07-10-2004, 01:05 PM
You never know when an addict will wake up and change their life around. As much as she is a screw up now, she may change her ways. Not that I am saying that you should put your life on hold for her or not protect your children.

Her children as they grow up will see her for who she is. And they will know who their real mother is. Too bad you have to put up with all of this in the meantime.

VALENA-)45
07-10-2004, 01:11 PM
i read this post eariler. i had to think of my reply first. Elijah's Mommy~ if that had been you that did all of that, she had done and not the use drugs part, they would have taken your kids and put you under the jail where you would never see the light of day or your children again. the way they have been so linent with her makes no sence to me. she should have been thrown in jail a long time ago. the court system needs to make new laws for junkie mothers like her, so they can be seen ahead of everyone else and have special officers to handle their cases. but wait, this is the united states of america, the law and the courts believe in holding up mess. she should be put in jail for the way she has treated her children. good luck, to you and yours. and 1tiredmom~ ITA.

MsLynn
07-11-2004, 12:08 AM
if the new baby's dad is on the birth certificate. he needs to get that birthcertificate and the baby and just leave. as the baby's father, he has as much right to that baby as she does,there is nothing she can do about it. and then he needs to file for divorce/custody or whatever. its no different than when a mother takes the kids and leaves. if he calls again, please encourage him to take that baby and leave. I hope for her kids sake she straightens up her life and spends QUALITY time with these kids. but if not. I'm glad ya'll are watching out for your fiance's kids and hopefully the other baby's dad will look out for him too.

llbriteyes
07-11-2004, 07:17 AM
Her children as they grow up will see her for who she is. And they will know who their real mother is. Too bad you have to put up with all of this in the meantime.

From experience: Sometimes they never see their "real" mother. Sometimes, even though their mother can be the most horrible monster, they can't see it. Their mother is elevated above everyone else. The step parent has taken them from her.

Like I said, this isn't everyone, its just my experience.

L

Elijah'sMommy
07-20-2004, 01:28 PM
UPDATE!!!!

She failed to show up at court today, so the judge entered a permanent order for full custody, with the supervised visits every toher Saturday from 1-4pm only!!!!!

Yeah! It's finally done (for a while anyway)!

Thanks all!

MamaFairal
07-20-2004, 01:57 PM
Congrats! :D

Tadbit
07-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Glad to hear all is going well for you, hubby and the kids. It better for them to be in a more stable enviornment that is drug free. Heaven forbid, if one of those kids were to accidently get into her drugs while she was high and not watching them. I'm glad you and your hubby stayed with it until you got full custody. I'm going through a situation a little like yours, but I'm the grandma, and I have no right apparently. I have had my grandkids for two years. Their dad's in jail and my daughter isn't doing a very good job getting it together so she can take "HER" kids. She comes to visit once in a while, but that just stirs up trouble for me. I asked her if she could take them for one night (ONE NIGHT!) so DH and I could go out, but she had some excuse why she couldn't. She always has an excuse. You'd think these kids came from my loins, instead of hers We never get to spend anytime alone anymore. We raised our kids and I don't think we should have to raise hers but then we are the only stability they have, since thier dad's family don't help. Sorry, didn't mean to take over your thread, Guess I was just feeling sorry for myself. I'm in kind of a bad mood today, because our plans for Friday night are ruined. You can have your thread back now.. :)

bell_peaches
07-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Congrats. I am glad the children have a safe stable place to live. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))