PDA

View Full Version : Ebay HELP! (What should I do)

Sunshine00
07-08-2004, 04:56 AM
I just got this from ebay this morning.. I already sent payment by MO.. I sent it through our Post Office.. Should I give this person the benefit of the doubt.. or go ahead and stop payment. It was only $11, and I know $11 is alot to some and yes, even to us at times..but should $11 be enough for me to stress over and raise my blood-pressure?

I should say this seller had 46 + feedback and 1-

Thanks for any advice

We are writing to inform you that we recently ended all listings for seller dhji7377 on eBay. The seller¿s privileges to trade on eBay have been
temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. (The current
account status can be viewed next to the user ID of the seller on the eBay
site.).

Our records indicate that you were a participating bidder or buyer in this
seller¿s listing. You will need to use your own personal judgment in deciding
whether to complete this transaction.

As described in our User Agreement, eBay is only a venue, and we cannot
guarantee that sellers will complete transactions nor can we guarantee the
delivery or quality of bought items. As a basic principle, a buyer should know
with whom he or she is dealing before sending a payment to a seller.

Depending on the circumstances, you might decide to delay payment to a seller until completely confident that the transaction will be completed safely.. If you decide to delay payment but already paid by personal check, you may wish to contact your bank to discuss whether it would be possible to stop payment on the check. If you paid with a credit card, you may wish to contact your credit card company¿s security department to discuss this payment ¿ many companies provide protection in certain circumstances. If you paid by money order, you may want to contact that money order company for information on how to stop payment.

Please note that the ending of the listings for this seller is a precautionary
measure. The grounds for this suspension may be the result of a mistake or
misunderstanding.

Some countries have laws that might prevent you from retracting payment by
check or otherwise; please inform yourself of applicable laws before acting.

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction on our help page located at:http://pages.ebay.com/help/buyerguide/bidding-tips.html

If you have any questions, please reply directly to this email.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

sodastereo
07-08-2004, 05:04 AM
How long ago did you send payment? If it was a while ago, you might want to email them and ask when they'll be shipping, and see if you actually get a response. If you don't, then you know to stop payment. Personally, I would just stop the payment. Ebay takes so long to get involved that the fact that they're investigating would make me a little suspicious.

Sunshine00
07-08-2004, 05:09 AM
thanks! I sent it out on Monday.. so I am sure they would probably get it today.

The GOOD thing is, I know the 2 people who work at our PO pretty well.. so they wouldnt give me any grief if I stopped payment on the money order.

Freebeemom
07-08-2004, 06:11 AM
I would wait and see..11 dollars is still 11 dollars!! dON'T JUST GIVE UP! You could be one of many who got "scammed" or whatever the problems is!

ilvscooby
07-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Have you emailed the seller to ask what is going on? That's the first thing I would do. Then if they don't respond you might consider stopping payment on the money order.

Quaker_Parrots
07-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Maybe they got suspended for not paying eBay seller fees? I would wait, looks like they have decent feedback...

Sunshine00
07-09-2004, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the advice..

I sent them an e-mail yesterday evening.. Hopefully they will respond to it.. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt.. so HOPEFULLY this person will not take advantage of it.

temprmntl1
07-09-2004, 06:12 AM
i just wanted to let you know that you might want to check with ebay and see if they can let you know what is going on. i know my cousin sells stuff on ebay and received a notice supposedly from ebay to click on a link and update their information. the email was actually hackers and when the link was clicked on the hackers were able to take over the name and password thru ebay. my cousin had no idea what was going on until they went to check out some of their auctions and found out their account had been suspended. they contacted ebay who suggested they should change their username and password and contact their internet provider who also had to change their email address. unfortunately for my cousin everyone who was bidding on his stuff was also contacted by ebay and told his account had been suspended. i think ebay said they would email the people bidding and correct the email to state what actually happened, i'm not saying this is what happened in your case, but please check into it.