PDA

View Full Version : Am I too sensitive?

belle5691
07-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Today I had a minor hospital test done....a colonoscopy...YUCK....but, still....it was something done. They put me to sleep to do it. I came home and slept all afternoon.

My best friend is a guy---and yes, there was more than friendship there, long involved story that I dont want to go into because I cant take the flaming today...LOL....but I didn't see him on Monday, because of family committments I had to do, Tuesday for whatever reason he did not call all day or talk to me online. Tonight, he did....asked how things were going, and we chatted for about an hour. Tomorrow he said he would call me and see how I was doing. I said I would rather see him, since I havent all week, we usually make the effort to see each other once a week at least. Well, tomorrow he has a sales call that is over half way to my office, and said he didnt know how things would work out but he would try. I told him that he needed to make them work out. Im really angry and feel like Im a convenience friend to him. As long as its by phone or online, great....but if I want to see him, then he will have to see how the sales calls works out. And I guess Im irrational because sometimes he does make the effort and does come to see me 2x a week, sometimes more, and its about a 35 mile drive. Am I too sensitive tonight because Im mad that he hasnt bothered all week and tomorrow he will have to see how it works out? I told him that I was going to go on a trip with 4 people from work in a few weeks. He asked if I was telling him that because I was upset about him not coming by for lunch tomorrow or something? I feel like if he cant make time for me, then I need to make time for myself....But I dont want him to go away... :(

I probably dont make a lot of sense tonight, but will just blame it on the drugs they gave me at the hospital today...LOL....

justinenycole26
07-07-2004, 08:15 PM
{{HUGS}}
It sounds like you feel that he is not making as much effort as you are. What you have to decide is - is the effort that he is making enough for you?

belle5691
07-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean....When he does come by....its really worth it...I think maybe tonight with a combination of the hospital drugs and stuff...im just moody. I dont know. Its work reason why he cant come by tomorrow....so I should understand. I just dont feel like understanding tonight. I want to see him.

justinenycole26
07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
{{HUGS}} When i get moody I start to question EVERYTHING!

Willow
07-08-2004, 05:03 AM
I think if he is just a "friend" then I wouldn't be upset with him because as you said he is busy and it's also a 35 mile drive so finding time to do that is probably hard. Maybe you feel that because you were once more than "friends" that he should be more accomodating to you? I would find it difficult to be friends with someone that I was more than just friends with in the past. Once you've been with someone in that way it kind of changes everything.

LindaL.
07-08-2004, 03:32 PM
I think if he is just a "friend" then I wouldn't be upset with him because as you said he is busy and it's also a 35 mile drive so finding time to do that is probably hard. Maybe you feel that because you were once more than "friends" that he should be more accomodating to you? I would find it difficult to be friends with someone that I was more than just friends with in the past. Once you've been with someone in that way it kind of changes everything.

I was thinking exactly the same thing...