PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to stress out.... big time

Lora_1994
07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
I really hate to vent here, but I have nowhere else to go. I cant talk to my mom as she has enough problems of her own and I dont want her to worry about us.

My husband got his CDL and was working for a trucking company out of Iowa. They took him for a ride. The first (and last) month he was there, he made 1500.00 dollars. BUT he only got about 500.00 of it. They were deducting money for this and that. Well, we got tired of being screwed over so he quit. That was 3 weeks ago, He's never had a problem getting a job and right now NOBODY is hiring. He's got a pretty good chance of getting hired in AUGUST working on the barge, but thats a month away. I'm 2 months late with the electric, 2 months late on the phone(internet included in phone bill so when it goes, I'm DONE), and we are running dangerously low on food. I plan on going tomorrow and getting an application for food stamps as much as I hate it, because I know there are people out there who need it worse than us, but I dont know what else to do. We've pawned about everything we could for food and gas, I was going to go and do my wedding set, but my husband went nuts.
I dont know how much more I can handle. This is really getting to me and I try to be strong and show my husband that its not bothering me and he is making an effort to find a job and he's been working with the neighbor getting his property cleared and whatnot, so thats a little extra, but not enough for the light bill. That bothers me more than anything. If that was paid, I'd be alright. ARGHHHHHHH

If you have a moment and could, Please just pray for my family that we get some work soon and things will work themselves out. Thanks guys!!!

((((( hugs to all ))))))

LuvBigRip
07-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Wow, sounds like you are under alot of stress. Please don't ever feel bad about having to ask for help, when your family is in need, it is important. Contact Catholic Charities, and see if they can help out too. Contact your utilities, and see if they have help for low-income families. Most people do not realize that a portion of your bill goes to fund that kind of assistance. In many areas, necessary utilities cannot be shut off during certain times of the year due to weather conditions.

VALENA-)45
07-07-2004, 02:33 PM
I am so sorry all of this is happening to you and yours. i hope things work out. and why shouldn't you be able to come here to vent and whine, we are your family, too, we are suppose to listen to you too, and try to help you the best we can, with advice, also. it is better to have someone to talk to then to sit and try to figure out your problems by your self. if i am sounding rude or mean, i don't intend to come off that way. jmo.

gonnascream
07-07-2004, 02:40 PM
hun I feel for you. I am nearly in the same boat, but if it hadn't been for the grand change jar my lights would be off here. And with the way this electric company is, they tack on an extra 10 bucks and threaten to disconnect it if your more than 5 minutes late.

I know you hate the idea of food stamps, but it is better than starving. Also, if you go to any food banks/pantrys, ask them for "staple food" like dry peas,beans,potatoes flakes and as much dry milk as they can give you, peanut butter, flour and canned stuff. YOu would be surprised how well "im broke as a joke" peach cobbler can taste.

You'll get through the hard times. That is what you have each other for

Tracy'sMom
07-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Sending You prayers, that the Good Lord will send You the relief that You need.

archaic
07-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I don't know why everyone seems to feel ashamed about getting food stamps when they need it. You have been paying taxes to pay for them, so go get your tax money back in food stamps. Same with emergency medical care. There is never anything to feel ashamed about here. I wish you all the best luck.

Lora_1994
07-07-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm not ashamed to get stamps I get a medical card for my kids and myself, I just know that there are people out there that are worse off than I am that could use it. I have been grateful to my grama, she's helped me out as much as she could and she just called me a little bit ago to let me know that she's taking out 500.00 from her savings so we can get the light bill paid and get some groceries in the house. I broke down crying right then and there and I made her cry. I felt soooo bad, but I guess the lord works in mysterious ways.

schsa
07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
You paid for every social benefit out there. Go for Medicaid, food stamps and whatever other emergency assistance you can get. Don't think twice about it.

Jobs will appear when you least expect it. Or come here because we have loads of driver jobs because of our port.

justinenycole26
07-07-2004, 08:20 PM
You paid for every social benefit out there. Go for Medicaid, food stamps and whatever other emergency assistance you can get. Don't think twice about it.

Jobs will appear when you least expect it. Or come here because we have loads of driver jobs because of our port.

I agree. The last thing you need is to stress even more by beating yourself up about this. Do what you need to do for your family.

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-07-2004, 08:30 PM
I agree with schsa.

Good luck to you and your family,and yes,I will say a prayer for you and yours.

ahippiechic
07-07-2004, 10:53 PM
You know I'm keeping you in my thoughts, Lora! http://members.cox.net/conniefly/images/huggie.gif

ttistin
07-08-2004, 07:16 AM
I'm not ashamed to get stamps I get a medical card for my kids and myself, I just know that there are people out there that are worse off than I am that could use it. I have been grateful to my grama, she's helped me out as much as she could and she just called me a little bit ago to let me know that she's taking out 500.00 from her savings so we can get the light bill paid and get some groceries in the house. I broke down crying right then and there and I made her cry. I felt soooo bad, but I guess the lord works in mysterious ways.

That is good that your grama helped you out, My grama is the same way. {{Hugs}} You and your dh are in my thoughts and prayers for him finding a new job :)

suprtruckr
07-08-2004, 08:42 AM
is he still hoping for trucking job? if he is here's a couple of sites that "looks" nationwide
http://www.classadrivers.com/
and
http://www.layover.com/

and if he recently aquired his cdl and went thru a school to help get it call the school they will also help with placement, at least they did when i went thru back in 95

newwiccan
07-08-2004, 10:49 AM
You and your family will be in my thoughts,Lora!

Lora_1994
07-08-2004, 07:37 PM
supertrucker, thanks for the links, I'll have him call the school in the morning and see what they can do. He has an interview with a local oil truck company in the morning and its between him and another guy. Cross your fingers that he gets it.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers/thoughts. It means alot to me that I can come and talk to you guys when I need a shoulder to cry on.

annie169
07-08-2004, 07:41 PM
I have been grateful to my grama, she's helped me out as much as she could and she just called me a little bit ago to let me know that she's taking out 500.00 from her savings so we can get the light bill paid and get some groceries in the house. I broke down crying right then and there and I made her cry. I felt soooo bad, but I guess the lord works in mysterious ways.

I've been thru many rough patches in my life too. Just remember, Someone has to be there to RECEIVE the charity in order for some one to GIVE it. And your grama sounds totally awesome!!

queenangie
07-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Honey, so sorry you're having a difficult time right now.

Said a prayer for your family.

Give Granny an extra hug & kiss for her kindness.

Sending warm hugs, Lora!
Angie

Denise1972
07-08-2004, 09:30 PM
I hate these slick trucking companies that do things like that. My boyfriend was working for Covenant trucking about 4 years ago. I was with him at the time. He called his dispatcher and told him that He couldnt make his load ontime because he was sick. We were in Oklahoma city. We pulled into their yard about 3 AM.. About 9am we get a knock on the door and they guy says. "you have to clean out your truck. You have been terminated." So here we are stuck 10 hours from home. Mind you we went to OKC from Springfield, IL where we lived and they said nothing about that then. So here we are with a crap load of stuff and no place to go, no money. They would only pay for his bus trip back and not mine. So, I can to call my sister and her DH to rent a car, drive all the way there. They got lost along the way. It ended up costing about $600 to get all this done, and they could have told him to clean out his truck when we were home!

Sorry to gripe in your thread, but I hate how those trucking businesses operate.

Lora_1994
07-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Just wanted to update everyone.... Thanks to all for the good words. Hubby had his job interview this morning and the guy called back at 1pm and told him if he still wanted the job, it was his.

He starts work monday morning. I'm soo relieved. He's driving for a local oil company thats 80yrs old. they're starting him out at .33 cents per mile then after 3 months he goes to .35 .. sounds good to me. Gone monday - Fri home on the weekends. unless he gets home on a Sat or so, then he gets the following 2 days off.
Better than the other company he was working for, they were giving him .18 cents a mile and was team driving and didnt amount to a hill of beans.

Again, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I appreciate it more than ya'll will ever know. ((((( HUGS TO ALL )))))

LuvBigRip
07-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Congratulations to your DH. I bet you are so relieved and happy. Good things are coming your way!! :D

suprtruckr
07-09-2004, 01:37 PM
congratulations to your hubby

Tracy'sMom
07-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Congrats!!!!

newwiccan
07-09-2004, 04:11 PM
That is so good to hear!

nooshu
07-10-2004, 06:10 AM
:eek: ((((((((Lora)))))))) I haven't been on much but I just noticed this post. I am so sorry you went through that-how stressful.
What a great Grandma you have.
I am so happy to read the update about the job-that is so awesome. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. ;)