PDA

View Full Version : Owwwieeeee

Quaker_Parrots
07-05-2004, 07:09 PM
We went for a bike ride today, and I was bringing up the rear(we have a lot of nice bike trails around where I live.) Anyway beautiful day along Lake Michigan, not too hot not too cool, perfect day for a ride. About a mile into our trip, I barely see something zooming at me, then I feel like something is digging claws into the spot between my eyes just below my eyebrow and on the left side just above my nose (where a really hairy person would have a unibrow, for better want of a description of the spot). So I jerk my glasses off(trying to keep control of the bike) end up losing my clip on sun glasses, and bending my glasses(did find the sun glasses, and got my glasses bent back into shape later, lol) Irritated me though that DH treated me like I didn't know what happened to me:
My husband asked "what's your problem?"
I said "I just got stung"
He sais "by what?"
me "I don't know"
him "you sure you weren't just hit by a grasshopper?"
me "Uh, NO, grasshoppers don't make the spot they hit you at feel like you are on fire, and send pain shooting through your face"
My brother " maybe it was a deer fly"
me "uh, NO I don't think so, been bit by a deer fly, it doesn't hurt like this"
DH "are you sure you didn't run into a spider, and it bit you?'
Me "uh, NO if it was a spider, he would have still been on me somewhere, and plus, spiders don't fly that fast,lol, I may not have seen it, and I haven't been stung by a bee since I was like 8 years old(25 years ago, wow, lucky me) but I KNOW when I have been stung by a bee"

My left eye is still a little puffy in the corner, but at least it doesn't hurt like it did, a little sore to the touch though, I was in pain for a good 2-3 hours from it, then it just felt tight. Still don't know what kinda of bee he was (figure I got stung cause he got stuck in my glasses and sun glasses, and was release when I jerked them of, and my sunglasses went flying.)

Other than the bee incident, was a beautiful day at the lake.

MamaFairal
07-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Ouch :(

Denise1972
07-05-2004, 09:33 PM
OUCH! I am deathly afraid of anything with a stinger. I would have broken my neck if it was me hehe. I got stung in the corner of my eye when I was little. I was sleeping and I thought it was a fly. I swat at it with my eyes still closed and ZAP~!!! I was awake then. My eye was swollen shut for a week.

DivineMsDi
07-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Feel better soon...summer would be GREAT if it weren't for bugs! :)

Angel Lips
07-06-2004, 05:07 AM
ouchies, well i hope you feel better. Those darn bee's need to watch where they are flying. (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Freebeemom
07-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Oooh...that is bad! Even worse is that you were moving! Seems to hurt more that way!

Now, if only other bikers along lake michigan could use that bee as an excuse as to why they are terrible bike riders, then I would understand!

Hope you feel better!