PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to PAY people to give away furniture?

MelanieAnn
07-05-2004, 02:29 PM
I listed some bedroom furniture on Freecycle that I need to get rid of. I have had at least a dozen people e-mail about it. I had someone that was going to get it Friday night, but she ended up cancelling because her plans to get a truck fell through. Well okay, so I had someone e-mailing me Friday night and Saturday that was going to pick it up Saturday morning at first. Well she ended up getting sick Saturday, so she re-scheduled for Monday morning (today) around 10-11. Well, it is already 2:30, I have e-mailed her, etc, and no answer. She has my phone number, although she didn't give me hers.

Nothing, she hasn't come, no e-mail, grr. I try to be nice and give something away, and all I do is end up wasting my time waiting around for people that don't want to show up. Oh, I am frustrated...

Eventually I will get to someone that will actually show up and take the stuff! Hopefully I will not have to vent for the rest of the week now... ;)

justinenycole26
07-05-2004, 02:38 PM
It sucks when people flake out on what they said they are going to do.

Sorry!

queenangie
07-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Reoffer it again ~ if nobody shows up.

schsa
07-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Give it to Habitat for Humanity and write it off your taxes. If people don't follow through, you need to do what works for you. You can't sit at home waiting.

DOOFIS
07-05-2004, 05:26 PM
You would think that people would be jumping at the chance for free bedroom furniture.

sharinbo
07-06-2004, 12:36 AM
In my local group I sometimes see posts like "This is my final reposting of this offer. I am putting these items out on the curb at such and such address. If they are not gone within 24 hrs they will be thrown into the landfill. I'd really love to see someone get some use out of these items."

Good Luck. I hate sitting around waiting for people who made plans to pick up an item and then don't bother to call or email if something comes up. Some people have no manners!