PDA

View Full Version : My kids are driving me nuts!!Ahhhhhhhh

Freebeemom
07-04-2004, 12:31 PM
My DH is working today for 1/2 day (at a flea market selling dart supplies). I decided that in honor of the 4th, I would take them to a local parade. Well, we had to stop at the store first for juice boxes etc. They fought the WHOLE TIME we were in the store (my oldest is almost 7, middle is 5 ish and the youngest is almost 3). I warned them that if they didn't behave we would go home. Well, guess where we are! HOME! They just couldn't stop! Picking, fighting, touching, pushing...I have HAD it! The sad thing is that I like this parade..it is nice and Small...nothing fancy or big, just locals. The kids BLEW It! I know that I made the right decision, but I also know that it is TOTALLY FRUSTRATING TO HAVE KIDS FIGHT and PICK at eachother!

Now, they are all in their own rooms...I told them that if they fight anymore, there will be NO fireworks tonight (we can see the town display from our back yard!)....Ugh! Anyone else have kids like this!?? How do you handle it?

Angel Lips
07-04-2004, 03:43 PM
i dont have kids, but i can just imagine how it must feel. best of luck and i hope you get to see those fireworks tonight. i know im heading there once my boyfriend gets here.

twinkiesmom
07-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Oh I hear ya. I've been doin alot of "it aint gonna happen if u don't listen" And yesterday, was the last day of the festival in my area and my kids blew it too. Saved me a good $30 ($15 ea wrist band) My kids dont fight w/ea other, their thing is to not listen! Oh that just grinds my gears. dd is grounded today from friends, PS2, pc, tv and bike cuz she chose not to listen again. Oh man, and the arguement? GRRRRRRR. I am pretty fortunate my kids are best buddies. But they're the same age too. I do take away privileges when they act up. And I stick to my guns too.

ang in NC
07-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Mine are 17 and 12 and girls. They are so hateful toward each other. Name calling , fist fighting unreal. It doesn't get better!

MamaFairal
07-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Mine are 16 & 21 and its gets easier when one of them moves out.....lol

DivineMsDi
07-05-2004, 05:56 AM
ONE GOOD THING about having an ONLY CHILD.... :D

I can't stand fighting!!! My DS gets lonely but I don't think siblings would ever be the answer for that. I hate the mean way siblings can peck at each other and honestly I don't have the stomach for arguing.

Little kids can be a handful. My d sister has 4 under the age of 10 (all boys) and her house is one constant thunderball from morning till night....

berrymom
07-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Sorry to tell you it won't get easier. Mine are 26, 20, 18, 13 and fight. My mother use to tell me when they are little you have little problems. When they get big you have bigger problems. I use to get so mad when she said it. I thought how terrible. She was right. She past away 17 years ago and isn't here to say I told you so. Its that parents curse " I hope when you grow up you have a child just like you:. I still love my kids and being a mother know matter what.

Freebeemom
07-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Ugh! Thanks for sympathising! I made them all take naps when we got home. 2 out of 3 did and felt better. We made it through the fireworks, but today, they are still "Grounded" from the TV, Computer, PS2, etc. It is driving them nuts...but hey, I am not going to give in. We have TONS of other things they can do.

Does anyone have a daily routine, like chore charts etc. that they make their kids do?

1tiredmom
07-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Ugh! Thanks for sympathising! I made them all take naps when we got home. 2 out of 3 did and felt better. We made it through the fireworks, but today, they are still "Grounded" from the TV, Computer, PS2, etc. It is driving them nuts...but hey, I am not going to give in. We have TONS of other things they can do.

Does anyone have a daily routine, like chore charts etc. that they make their kids do?

try going to www.chartjungle.com & they have several different chores pages
there is another site for this if i can remember their site names -as the terminator said "i'll be back"

ttistin
07-10-2004, 02:51 PM
I have 3 kids, 5yo boy, 4yo boy and a 2yo girl. All they do is fight, cry, yell and scream at eachother, and dh wonders why I never wanna go shopping {or anywhere} alone with the kids. I have taken things away {tv, computer, tv, etc..} made them lay in bed, sit in the corners and they still do it. I really think the only reason I have any hair on my head is cause I hate having my hair pulled or messed with in anyway lol other wise I swear I would have pulled it all out by now :) Good thing I love them more then anything in the world :) :) :)