PDA

View Full Version : You really will not believe this!!!!!!!

ladyseals
07-03-2004, 10:40 PM
I am so hurt and upset.

I have all the painful symptoms of a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) so I called my doctor tonight and he said it was severe enough to start taking antibiotics tonight. I mean doctors do not just call in antibiotics unless it is really bad. Anyway, I never need 24 pharmacy so I gave him walgreens to call. I called Walgreens to check and they had ran my card and said they don't take my insurance and to call CVS and ask will they run the numbers and see if they take it. So I did. However the man got on the phone and said that he did not feel like running it. He might drop dead that second and there will be a perscription left unfilled :confused: . If I need to know so bad then I will just have to bring the card in. Then he said hold on...when he came back to the phone he said it was a waste a time and he had better things to do and he does not feel like looking up my insurance. And, I need to call another 24 hour pharmacy and see if they want to waste thier time finding out if they take the insurance....I hung up the phone after that.

Anyway, I did call another CVS and withing 20 secs they gave me an answer. I am just so mad. Should I let this go or complain? I mean I am in alot of pain and all I want is a simple yes or no so I won't have to run all over town and this man is going off on me, when it is his 'job' anyway. I just want to cry. :mad:

twinkiesmom
07-03-2004, 10:58 PM
oh no. there is no way I'd let this go. Make a note of the time u called that store and Monday call and speak w/a manager. You tell him u would like to speak to the person over the man that was working in the pharmacy area at 1:00am Sunday. And then u tell that person everything. Demand the name of the guy from the manager. Let him know that you will take it to the corporate level if nothing is said to this ignorant moron. How would this guy be to an elderly lady on the phone? Ask the manager if he'd like it if this same dude that manned the phone at the time had said that very same thing to his mother or grandmother? Get hot. I would. But don't let this person's actions depress u. There are far other things to worry about. OK?

Quaker_Parrots
07-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Planetfeedback.com (http://www.planetfeedback.com/searchCompanies/1,2950,,00.html?feedbackTypeCode=1&company=CVS/)

I would have reamed him a new one, and told him it was HIS JOB to waste his time looking the info up, and I am sure his manager AND corporate would like to know he is turning customers away. What if this had been an emergency prescription for say insulin or heart meds? his hiney would really be in a sling.

Don't take it laying down. Call his manager Monday AND corporate. And I would call back tonight and find out what his name is.

kimp67
07-04-2004, 06:40 AM
There is NO WAY that I would let this go. That's absolutely uncalled for! I'd be on the phone first thing Monday morning.
Hope you feel better soon.

ladyseals
07-04-2004, 06:44 AM
I did have hubby call back last night and get his name. And, my hubby ask the same question I did, could he look up the info and 'Dave' said hold on I will check. I am even more mad now because he was not acting like that with my husband. And, I know for sure it was him because he had that voice that I remembered. OK where do I start with this? I found this website, but at the bottom it says ask for what will make you happy, I don't know what to ask for.

http://www.bendover.com/complain.asp

suprtruckr
07-04-2004, 08:04 AM
There is NO WAY that I would let this go. That's absolutely uncalled for! I'd be on the phone first thing Monday morning.
Hope you feel better soon.
i agree with all but the phone part, I WOULD BE LOOKIN THE MGR in the FACE, on the phone they can look away, be distracted, easy to discount you, etc..... but if you're in their face they have to give you their attention.
start at store level then if you aren't satisfied, go to store managers boss, regional, if store manager won't tell you who it is go to another store and ask who the regional manager is and how can you contact them, sometimes when one store won't help another one will, IMO thats the best part about chains for every deadbeat in most cases theres 3 that wants to do right by the customer

i, myself, wouldn't go any higher than the regional mgr, then i would take it
to like quaker posted, planetfeedback or even http://www.ripoffreport.com

queenangie
07-04-2004, 08:52 AM
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/help/helpContact

I would also write a letter w/ the specifics to CVS to complain.
This pharmacist/tech was out of line.

kelly12569
07-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Oh I would march my butt right in there and look to see if "Dave" is working that day, ask for the manager then walk him back to the pharmacy and tell him about it right in front of "Dave" that way he cant deny it if the manager asked him about it when you weren't present. It should be something simple to tell someone if they take that insurance or not. Usually the pharmacists know off the top of their heads which ones they take or not. DO NOT LET THIS GO. Phamacies are there to help ppl not make things worse for them. He shouldnt be working around other ppl if thats the type of attitude he works with. Good luck with it and let us know what comes out of it.

booker'sbaby24
07-04-2004, 12:56 PM
I would definitely call and file a complaint! also, drink lots of cranberry juice it will help flush it out of your system. Hope you feel better real soon.

msmom79
07-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh My Girl Dont Let This Go!! It Is His Job To Help You,that Is What He Is Payed For. What If Next Time A Custermers Life Depends On Their Meds And He Does This Agian? No Way,dont Let Him Get Away With This,contact Corporate,they Are The Best Ones.good Luck To You,and I Also Believe Face To Face Confrontations,are The Best,cause They Have To Pay Attention To You,and They Will Be Afraid ,others Are Listening In.best Of Luck To You And Keep Us All Informed On What Happens.hope You Feel Much Better Real Soon ,hugs Ann

Tigerseye0420
07-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Demand an Apology for sure! Ask that their employees do their JOB and provide information to the customers! What if someone wanted info on the side effects or risks etc to a drug and he had other "more important" things to do?? A good place where you usually can get a good response is Planetfeedback.com but also GO TO CVS so you KNOW something is done. I personally think alot of phone/written complaints will just be pushed aside...or answered but not taken up with the people it should be. So going in will be the best way to really get something done I think. Good luck hun and I really hope you feel better! (((hugs)))

I did have hubby call back last night and get his name. And, my hubby ask the same question I did, could he look up the info and 'Dave' said hold on I will check. I am even more mad now because he was not acting like that with my husband. And, I know for sure it was him because he had that voice that I remembered. OK where do I start with this? I found this website, but at the bottom it says ask for what will make you happy, I don't know what to ask for.

http://www.bendover.com/complain.asp

schsa
07-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Go directly to Planet Feedback and file a complaint there. I know that it's the first of the month and most pharmacists are busy but that's what tech's are for. Make a big, big fuss. The store manager can do so much but the letter to Planet Feedback will get you to a district manager.

This is another reason why I hate large pharmacies. Find a small local pharmacy and you will get much better service.

ladyseals
07-05-2004, 08:28 AM
I just came back from CVS, here is the letter I took. I blocked out some of the info.

He is getting fired :( Should I feel bad? I called first and set up a meeting with the store manager and the pharmacy super. When I got there, we went into thier office and I told them to read the letter first. Thier mouths dropped as they read it. They were very thankful that I came to them first instead of going to corporate. Right after I got home the store manager called me and said he had a $25 GC waiting for me in his office. They were super nice to me I am happy with the $25 GC but feel bad about getting him fired.

Subject: Unsatisfactory Customer Service

Attn: Store Manager
CVS Pharmacy

Dear Sir or Madame:

I am writing this letter to formally file a compliant that occurred at your store. It is with concern for others who may have been mistreated or received similar negative customer service and took no recourse. I would be remiss if I did not report this incident so that corrective action could be taken in response to such episodes.

The following is a summary of the facts: On or about 11:35 p.m. Saturday of July 3, 2004, I called Walgreen’s to ask if my prescription was ready, the woman said that my previous insurance did not go through and she needed to know my new RX plan number. She told me that they do not have an agreement with my insurance company. Further, she advised me to call CVS to request that they please run a ‘dummy prescription’ to see if they will take my RX group number insurance. Thereby, if they accepted it, she would call and transfer my prescription.

I called CVS at this number: xxx-xxx-xxx, which is located at XX Street. I asked to speak to the pharmacist (whose name is Dave) to assist me by running a ‘dummy prescription’ to see if my insurance was accepted. Dave surprisingly said, “no that he just did not feel like doing it. Also, he would drop dead in a few seconds after he did it and then there would be a prescription unfilled.” I was astonished with his reply. Then he repeats his previous statement that he does not feel like doing it.

Here I am with a need for assistance that is being met with unfounded hostility. He asked me to hold on and I did. When he came back to the phone, he said, “that it was a big waste of time and he is not going to waste his time doing such things because he had better things to do. He told me to contact another 24-hour pharmacy and ask to see if they felt like wasting their time looking up someone’s insurance information.”

I hung up very distraught, feeling disrespected and dissatisfied while my medicinal needs were minimized and dismissed by Dave. I called another CVS drugstore in Anyfield at XX Main Street where Bob assisted me. He was very nice and helpful. He promptly performed the prescription check and stated that yes, that they would take my insurance.

I was truly inconvenience by the lack of care and concern by the unprofessional behavior of Dave at the XX Street location. I request reparation in the form of store discount and/or credit for the time, extra travel distance and insensitive treatment I received from Dave. An acceptable settlement will be considered, if further information is required, feel free to contact me. I appreciate your efforts in advance to remediate this situation.

Sincerely,

nosamiam
07-05-2004, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't feel bad! It clearly showed he didn't like his job and needed to move on.

turbob
07-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Don't you DARE feel bad about him getting fired! Sounds like he was upset at having to be at work on that day, but that is NO excuse. In his profession, he is responsible for peoples health and well being - if he didn't want that responsibility, he should have gone into a different profession. Hope you are feeling better! (BTW - that was a very professional and well written letter - I don't think I could have been that polite!)

suprtruckr
07-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Don't you DARE feel bad about him getting fired! Sounds like he was upset at having to be at work on that day, but that is NO excuse. In his profession, he is responsible for peoples health and well being - if he didn't want that responsibility, he should have gone into a different profession. Hope you are feeling better! (BTW - that was a very professional and well written letter - I don't think I could have been that polite!)
i totally agree, it takes a special type person to work in ANY retail environment and apparently this clown wasn't it

Freebeemom
07-05-2004, 08:58 AM
His actions could have killed someone! Good for you for speaking up...too many people keep quiet about poor customer service! With today's competition, it is impotant to speak up for consumer rights! There are plenty of other places to go for your medicine!

Hope you feel better!

msmom79
07-05-2004, 11:29 AM
dont feel bad you did the right thing!! :) what if someone had died because dave was so inconsiderate.? you need to feel good about what you did.because now you know when you need a script filled it will be done.hugs to you and hope you feel better real soon,ann

Bohemut
07-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Don't feel bad that he was fired--he had no business in that position. Look at it this way, at least now he can look for a job he's more qualified for. :rolleyes:

I go to one specific pharmacy because everyone there is so wonderful. Once a weekend pharmacist was rude to me in front of a tech. The tech reported him to the store manager. I didn't complain because I figured he was just having a bad day. Anyway that pharmacist is no longer there. They all apologized to me (for a couple of weeks) and said told me it wasn't my fault he was let go. He just didn't have the personality to be in a position dealing with the public. Sounds like Dave (your guy) is the same way.

janelle
07-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Good for you. One time I was calling around to compare prices for a certain drug I took. I got a very rude guy on the phone one place I called and he told me they don't give prices over the phone. I knew that was not right. I got mad so the next day I called and asked to talk to the manager. I told him what happened. Not sure what became of the rude guy but I did report him. :mad: