PDA

View Full Version : amazon, cancelled my order

MsLynn
06-30-2004, 04:19 PM
amazon.com just cancelled my order for the race car bed tents that was posted in the big deals section, i'm so mad i can't see straight, anyone know how i go about getting my GC moneys back??? i deleted my GC #'s when i got my order confirmation

fatesfaery
06-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh Lord, don't get me started on Amazon......I've had problems with the last three orders I've placed.
If you go to the bottom of the amazon page, there's a contact us link.....it will take you to a page of links about common problems. Somewhere on that page there'a link to email them about problems. You can also call their customer service at 1-800-201-7575 thought I had more luck emailing them constantly that with phoning them.
My first problem took 2 1/2 months before they recredited my account. The second time it took three weeks, this last time they only applied half my gift certificates, but deducted all of my gift certificate balance....then told me they needed a credit card number to process the order....it only took a few days to straighten it out this time.

Amazon used to have amazing customer service and would bend over backwards for their customers....I don't know what changed, but it sure wasn't for the good.

Angelseyes28
06-30-2004, 04:45 PM
I ordered the race car tent too, just for them to turn around and cancel the order. So help me I am through with amazon....I would rather go to a b&m store and pay full price than to be jacked around over and over by amazon. :mad:

stachowiak
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
They canceled my order yesterday. :rolleyes:

JKATHERINE
06-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Mine too. :( We never have much $ for Christmas so I just about died when I saw these! I bought a racecar one for my 2 year old nephew and a cottage one for A v e r y (for the future). I was so disappointed when I got that email that I actually cried! Well, that could very well be the pregnancy emotions, but I'm so fuming right now!! I'm sorry this happened to all of you as well.

If anyone actually got in on the deal and wants to sell....email me.

Willow
06-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Why do they cancel orders like that? Do they give a reason why? I would be mad too.

MsLynn
06-30-2004, 07:51 PM
They told me the item wouldn't be available. guess they didn't realize they were out and didn't pull the offer soon enough, thought i was lucky enough to get in on this one <sigh> guess not. was gonna use them for my youngest 2 boys birthdays, <Pout> oh well

Willow
06-30-2004, 07:54 PM
They told me the item wouldn't be available. guess they didn't realize they were out and didn't pull the offer soon enough, thought i was lucky enough to get in on this one <sigh> guess not. was gonna use them for my youngest 2 boys birthdays, <Pout> oh well

Oh I'm sorry. :( I think they should give you some sort of a discount or something for inconveniencing you.

Tracy'sMom
07-01-2004, 07:07 AM
Mine was cancelled also, I was really looking forward to getting it and giving it to my daughter for Christmas. Oh well. This is the first thing that I have tried to order but others say this happens alot.

bulldog6186
07-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Mine was cancelled also, I was really looking forward to getting it and giving it to my daughter for Christmas. Oh well. This is the first thing that I have tried to order but others say this happens alot.

Yeah, it does happen alot :mad: I don't know how many times Amazon cancelled my order for things, you get used it it after a few years :rolleyes:

Lovely One
07-01-2004, 08:19 AM
I used a gc to order mine and it was cancelled to. They automatically credited the gc back into my account. Check your account gc balance and it may already be added back.

VALENA-)45
07-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Yeah, it does happen alot :mad: I don't know how many times Amazon cancelled my order for things, you get used it it after a few years :rolleyes:No, I don't get used to some company not sending me what i want and order from them after a few years. i treid to order a marc Anthony dvd, from them. i had gc's that were givin to me from various survey sites and i wanted to get it for Sweetie. i put the order in, put the codes in and then get something that says you have to enter a credit card, for this to be shipped out. it did not tell me how much my order was, or the taxes, or that i could send a m.o. for the balance. it just cut me off. this is my first time shopping with them and if this post is any indication of how Amazon is, i will gladly leave them alone.

bulldog6186
07-01-2004, 08:46 AM
if this post is any indication of how Amazon is, i will gladly leave them alone.

That's your choice

VALENA-)45
07-01-2004, 08:53 AM
That's your choiceYes, it is. If you took this as me being nasty, I was not.

JKATHERINE
07-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Just want to let everyone know that, although I dont' feel it completely makes up for the cancelling of my order, after I wrote to Amazon customer service today about my sincere displeasure of the situation, they sent me a nice (not a form letter) appology and a $10 gift certificate for my troubles....might be worth a try if you guys would like some compensation.

VALENA-)45
07-01-2004, 05:19 PM
congrats, and thanks.