PDA

View Full Version : Not looking forward to going back to work

MrsMckenna
06-30-2004, 02:49 PM
:( I had a baby in May and have been out on maternity leave. I'm scheduled to go back July 11th. The thing is I hate my boss and the way things are run at work. The place is not run the way the company wants it to. There is lots of shady stuff that goes on and if you stand up and say anything it comes back down on you. The boss puts all his work on a certain few of us. Cause he knows he can. Then there are a few who do nothing but get all the raises and praises for a job well done. I am so sick of being the one to pick up everyone elses slack. And now with another child(baby makes 3) I am going to be stretched to my limit. I am afraid when I do go back that it is just going to be so bad that I am going to blow up and quit. My job is a good one it is just the bosses suck.

When I found I was pregnant and very very ill my doctor pulled me out of work for 8 weeks. I was bed ridden. Well work was calling me and wanting me to go in to discuss what I was going to do pretaining to my job. So I dragged myself to work sat in the HR office sick as can be crying. Telling her I was out because of a complicated pregnancy and I didnt' need any crap. They didn't understand. When I got back to work I had limitations. They still didn't understand. And to make it worse they said I hadn't worked enough hours in a three month period to continue my medical benefits and that I would be losing them for a month. After that if I worked 38 plus hours a week for that time I would get them back. Keep in mind I had a horrible pregnancy and was seeing a doctor every week. Ultrasounds were almost every week too. This was way to stressful. I was also told that if I missed another day I would lose my job. Shortly after I was in a car accident on my way to work. I was shaken but ok. Had to go to work for fear of not having a job. My doctor was very upset with my when she found out that I didn't go to the hospital and went to work.

So I called the attorney general's office and they told me it was discrimination and that I had to file a formal complaint. Sent me the paperwork which was very extensive. I didn't file because I need a job and I figured win or lose it would be a no win situation. Now I think I should have filed.

They are suppose to care about their employees and are suppose to be family oriented. Yeah right!!

I don't want to go back.

Sorry so long and if I seem to ramble on. But I had to let it all out.

MsLynn
06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
well you have almost 2 weeks, couldn't you spend that time looking for another job?? i hate working at a job i don't like. I'm so lucky to really enjoy my job, and only a few people i don't like, but then most times i don't have to work with them

my prayers are with you that you can get this all the way you want,.

schsa
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Personally I would look for another job. Ask for an extension of your leave for whatever reason (your doctor might be able to help you out) and take the time to fine another job. I worked at a job with a boss that was an *******. I ended up out on medical leave. When my time was up, I just decided not to go back. I didn't need the pressure or the garbage my boss was handing out.

You do have choices. Take advantage of them.

MrsMckenna
07-01-2004, 06:28 AM
I have applied for 2 other jobs. They would be for a lot less pay but it would be worth it to get out of where I am now. Still waiting to hear.

I have tried to extend my leave with my FMLA (would be without pay, worth it) but they denied me taking it. Talked to my doctor she said to think about going part time and finding another job. No reason to keep me out of work she said.

My husband says to go back till the end of summer then quit. Serves them right. My sister says don't go back at all. She is trying to get me to sell tupperware with her. Would if it would be a guarantee paycheck.

Thanks for listening everyone.

Gia
07-01-2004, 10:04 AM
{{{{MrsMckenna}}}} I agree with Schsa~best of luck to you sweetie

queenangie
07-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Sending warm hugs and prayers your direction, hon!

Keep us all posted on your decisions.