PDA

View Full Version : My STUPID DSL

DivineMsDi
06-29-2004, 11:40 AM
was out for about 2 hours....I don't get it..it is not worth the $$$. :( Does it often when it rains, but today it was gorgeous. I urge everyone to get cable, not DSL, at least not DSL provided by a certain company with 3 letters in their title. ;)

MamaFairal
06-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Comcast here also :) and lovin it!

dog$
06-29-2004, 11:54 AM
was out for about 2 hours....I don't get it..it is not worth the $$$. :( Does it often when it rains, but today it was gorgeous. I urge everyone to get cable, not DSL, at least not DSL provided by a certain company with 3 letters in their title. ;)

My DSL was about last night, roughly. This morning, it worked again. :rolleyes: :p :o

jedmatters
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM
I have the DSL with the 3 letter company, and seldom have trouble.
I have more trouble with my cable staying on than any trouble with DSL ever.

I think it depends on where you are located in perspective of the DSL offices (as well as cable). I am VERY close to 3 letter company supply office and routing center. That could be why I have so little trouble.
As for the cable (if the wind blows, my cable goes). And I have the Clock Cartoon one.

Lovely One
06-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Sorry your DSL is giving you so much trouble.

I have DSL with the 3 letter company and love it. It is much faster and reliable and hasn't given me any problems. When I had cable high speed with the company mentioned above, it was going out almost every other day for hours at a time. I had to switch because since I work from home I rely on my connection. Guess it really does depend on where you're located.

justme23
06-29-2004, 02:02 PM
SBC? I didn't even know they had SBC in NY... I have SBC... I've had it for 4 years cause Comcast wasn't available here for a long time... but I wouldn't switch to comcast and have to pay 30 dollars more a month... I hope they get it fixed for you!!!

latestdish
06-29-2004, 02:23 PM
SBC? I didn't even know they had SBC in NY... I have SBC... I've had it for 4 years cause Comcast wasn't available here for a long time... but I wouldn't switch to comcast and have to pay 30 dollars more a month... I hope they get it fixed for you!!!

I just got Verizon DSL after a long time with dial-up. I am on their one month free trial. Love it! No problems so far!

DivineMsDi
06-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Nope, it's AT&T actually...

It worked GREAT on trial....now I notice it goes out more and more.

I am not sure where their router is located. That might be worth finding out.

It's really a petty gripe compared to so many peoples real problems.

justme23
06-29-2004, 03:10 PM
No, not petty... I get pissy when mine goes out too but w/ all this rain we've just kind of come to expect it on occasion... for us tho, the few hours a month is much better than the 30 extra dollars for comcast... we had it once before and we do like it but it's just more money than we're willing to spend... if that makes sense.

katzenberg
06-29-2004, 04:03 PM
i have it throught sbc so far so good it has only been out 1 time and that was from a virus.cable is to high for me.and dsl is faster than what i had dail up.

cpbaby
06-29-2004, 05:08 PM
I have no options except dial-up or DSL. Dial up is HORRIBLE here, but my Bellsouth DSL is WONDERFUL. They will have to pry my DSL modem from my cold dead fingers to get it away from me, I know that.

jedmatters
06-29-2004, 06:07 PM
OH, AT&T, why didn't you say so.
I had dial up with them about 7 years ago. HATED IT.