PDA

View Full Version : Metabolism Question?

dianenjeff
06-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Are there ways to speed up your metabolism? If so, anyone know any?

jaybird
06-27-2004, 09:22 PM
My son is a health/exercise nut & my dot has a minor in exercise science & both have told me this over and over. Eating 4-6 smaller meals a day, rather than 2 or 3 average-sized meals will keep your metabolism working at its highest.

I have a link to some articles on it, I'll find them for you.

Katt
06-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Exactly what Jaybird said. That, coupled with exercise, even something as small as walking, will speed it up greatly.

janelle
06-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Weightlifting helps since muscle burns more calories than fat. It will burn more calories just sitting than fat so build up your muscles.

JKATHERINE
06-28-2004, 04:24 AM
Make sure to eat breakfast! A healthy breakfast starts up that metabolism first thing in the morning! :)

catdance
06-28-2004, 06:46 AM
take a page from Oprah when she got with Bob Greene, it's like your body is a "furnance", you have to stoke it with coal"food" to keep it running well, and efficently, but if you aren't working the energy, you don't need to "stoke it". For her her metabolism was so short, it didn't burn virtually anything, she had to work out twice a day, 7 days a week..I lost lke 50 pounds like that my metabolism wasn't shot, but 5 days a week, all my food intake, burned quickly, thus not becoming fat, or making me fatter because my furance was burnign effecively..yes I do alot of weight, so toning and lifting for mass, helps burn more effiently, as well..hope that helps, so basically you have to move your body to speed up your metabolism, try it for 6 weeks, if it doesn't work, quit, I did that, and 3 years later, I am still in the gym..I started walky at 2.5 miles at that is super slow un a tread mill, but it worked, and healthier and happier I am for it..