PDA

View Full Version : I Love Freecycle!

shelhop
06-25-2004, 05:11 AM
Do any of you do this? I found out about freecycle about a week ago, and I've been getting rid of and aquiring all sorts of things. It is such a great idea. In my county, I have seen people giving away freezers, washing machines, microwaves, everything. I just got rid of a refrigerator. And I found a puppy for my parents through freecycle.
For those of you that don't know, freecycle is basically the concept that what is one person's trash is another's treasure. You look online for a freecycle in your area, and you can post what you're looking for, or what you want to give away. The rule is that everything is free. No trading, no money. Just free for the giving and for the taking. Appliances, old carpeting, whatever.
I could get addicted to this...I am such a pack rat...time to clear out my shed! Make room for something else.

JKATHERINE
06-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Yep. I love freecycle too! I've given away some unused furniture in great condition that was just cluttering up my house and there's a lady stopping by this week with some hardcover Mary Higgins Clark books for me! :)

catdance
06-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Can you guys post that link, please?
Thanks.

Tigerseye0420
06-25-2004, 02:43 PM
JKatherine,
I am sooooo jealous! You are so lucky to find someone giving away those books!

bears984
06-25-2004, 03:50 PM
I was shocked to see one in my area we don't have a really big town but there is one here. I have tried to find things but have not had any luck so far I just emailed a lady about comming to get some things for her son that is just starting out I just want it out of my way! I am in the cleaning mode so that my house will be clean for when I have my surgery.

JKATHERINE
06-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Tigerseye,
You read MHC too? I dont know what ones she's dropping off, but if I already have them in my collection, I'd be happy to 'pay forward' those ones to you! :)

-Jamie

JKatherine,
I am sooooo jealous! You are so lucky to find someone giving away those books!

Tigerseye0420
06-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Yes I LOVE her...she is the first author that I could really get into! I also since then have grown to really like James patterson as my second favorite and a few others! :D

Blackberry
06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
I just joined this too. There are 2 in my area. I have posted a child's booster seat and have emailed a woman about a picnic table but I haven't received any responses yet. I'm getting ready to post more items. I hope someone will want my stuff.

sharinbo
06-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Can you guys post that link, please?
Thanks.

www.freecycle.org From there you can locate a local group. Have fun! It's addictive! :D

shelhop
06-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Yes, I am freecycling still tonight...it's very easy to be addicted. I was just given 400 feet of fencing for free! We have been wanting a fence but not been able to afford one...now we'll have what we need. What an awesome concept!

babymaniac
06-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks OP. I checked this out and was amazed to find that even my little town is there.