PDA

View Full Version : We got a new dog !!!

heymom
06-21-2004, 05:58 PM
We went to visit my brother in GA last week. He had the cutest little dog there. I thought it was his and he thought it was mine. Apparently it showed up the same day we did. It was just dumped by someone. :mad:
She appears to be well cared for but had no tags or collar on. He lives waaayyy out in the boonies so it is unlikely that she wandered out there. We called the local animal shelter and were told they had no room and if they took her she would be put down so we brought her home :)
Anyway I don't know what breed she is and was wondering if someone could help me out. My brother said she might be a Jack Russel. Could someone send me a link with pictures of different breeds. She is small (about 8 lbs) ,White with a few brown spots, short haired and has had her ears and tail docked.
Thanks for any help . :)

bell_peaches
06-21-2004, 06:58 PM
I don't know the link. Just wanted to good luck. I am glad the dog found a new home. :D You can go to claws.com and click on dogs and look at diffrent breed that are there and see if it looks like any. good luck

reneep45
06-21-2004, 06:59 PM
i don't have a link of a pic but jack russell is a good guess. I never saw one with its ears done tho. See if she has a little scar low on her belly , maybe she's been spayed , that would be great ! save you alot of money ! lol !!
Good luck with her !

heymom
06-21-2004, 07:16 PM
I've been looking around online at different breeding sites and I'm sure she is a close coat Jack Russel. She is very well behaved. But because she had an accident on the floor she will be in the crate at night.
I did check to see if she had been fixed but she shows no signs of it. Ill be making her an appt with my vet tomorrow tho. My Gizmo is almost 6 months old and is very interested in her. Even tho he is adorable ,We don't want any puppies.

reneep45
06-21-2004, 08:33 PM
maybe her having "accidents" is why she maybe was dumped, sometimes those little babys are hard to train but i think dumping a dog is a very mean thing to do.
I had an english bull that refused to stop pottying in the house ! He'd go out pee or poop then come in & he just HAD to dropp a little more ! everyday ! one little poop in the dining room ! I used a large crate for him at night & while i was out ! lol