PDA

View Full Version : Urgent message from Kuwait

nanajoanie
06-21-2004, 12:24 PM
My son is stationed in Kuwait and drives convoys into Iraq. He said this is OK to YELL!!!!! He is back in Kuwait. Many missions have been canceled and roads are being closed into Iraq til after June 30. That's when we turn control over to the Iraqi people. Everyone is expecting major confrontations. I'm so frightened for my son and all the soldiers. A few in his unit have even been at my place for cookouts. Please pray or wish or think positive for our troops over there. Thank you and huggles, nanajoanie, alias Mom.........

babymaniac
06-21-2004, 12:35 PM
I will keep your son in my prayers.I know you must just stay sick with worry.I will be so glad when this whole mess is over and all our troops can come home. ((hugs))

buttrfli
06-21-2004, 12:39 PM
We will be praying for your son and all of our troops!

Army-Mom
06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Oh Joanie, I am sooooo worried, my son, he is right in Iraq and I am so worried about him...I am praying for all our soldiers for them to be safe..
hugs and prayers,
Marcia

nanajoanie
06-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Marcia, I'm surprised your son didn't yahoo you or call. It's going to get real scary over for a few days there so keep your phone close in case he can call. Hope my son got plenty of supplies to everyone and the same with your son. I sure have had lots of tears today :(

ps - maybe he will call you for your anniversary :) :)

Army-Mom
06-21-2004, 12:56 PM
He was suppose to call this morning and didnt so that really makes me worry..all I can do is pray and just pray some more..I just want this mess to be over with..I think I am going to take a nerve pill right now, that is one of the reasons I got them refilled this mess is killing me slowly..I think all us moms and wifes need to band together and go get our soldiers you know how it is with moms and their children...
hugs,
Marcia

nanajoanie
06-21-2004, 01:01 PM
My son at different times has lost 6 vechicles in his convoys over the past few weeks. The last one was in Bagdad when a missle hit the PX last week. One of his trucks was on national TV on fire :eek: Anything I tell here he has approved for telling anyone. Anytime something bad happens, all the soldiers are encouraged to call home before it hits the national newswires :cool:

Bizkitman
06-21-2004, 01:04 PM
All the soldiers and the US contractors working overseas are in my prayers!!!!

justme23
06-21-2004, 01:24 PM
My prayers are w/ all of our soldiers ((((hugz)))) to all of you moms and dads and husbands and wives on this board who keep things going strong here for them.

janelle
06-21-2004, 02:18 PM
I'll be glad when they all can come home. Tell your son we all thank him for protecting us and we are praying for him and his buddies. Also for all the families.

caides_mom
06-21-2004, 03:50 PM
god keep all of those safe that do have son, daughter, husband, wife, family and friend over there.

bell_peaches
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I am so sorry more worries are put on everyone. I am sending (((((HUGS))))) and good vibes I will be praying for all the men and women over there, I also will be praying for the families here.

nanajoanie
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
If any of you watch the national news, CNN, etc., this closing of roads into Iraq will probably be on the news. I rarely watch the news. It's too depressing and scary. My son calls home during this bad stuff and when he has returned from a 'mission'. He has asked us family members not to watch the national news daily because we know where he is and those towns and villages are on the news.

jen-ron
06-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Im sendin prayers up for all our troops! Nana, Army-mom ~ keep the faith, a positive, faithful attitude will pull him through. I truely believe all the prayers is what helped to bring my DH home safe and I will do the same for your boys!!!!

{HUGZ}
Jen

cookiegirl
06-21-2004, 05:46 PM
My prayers are with all of your sons, husbands, daughters wives. all of our troops. May they be kept safe and return home soon.

tsquared
06-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey mom.....i'm here for ya........and i will keep my brother, his family and our soldiers in my prayers..........
Hugs to you Nana